Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm As Fat as My Dog

Ford Girl
January 2nd, 2008, 02:52 PM
Did anyone watch the show called I'm As Fat as My Dog? It was on last night, I think on the Discovery Health channel. Owners and dogs weigh in weekly and do challanges much like other reality shows. I had never seen it before. Has anyone watched this before?

SARAH
January 2nd, 2008, 02:55 PM
Nope, but it sounds like fun :) reminds me of a signature someone on here had (still has?) "if your dog is fat you're not getting enough exercise" :D the opposite is true too, if you're fat, your dog isn't getting enough exercise. So ... let's get off our winter-butts and walk ourselves warm, lift weights till we sweat, and eat home made veggie soups afterwards!

Lissa
January 2nd, 2008, 06:13 PM
LOL that sounds hilarious - wish I had that channel. You'll have to keep us updated if you watch it;)... Did you notice if there were certain breeds on the show?

I am so jealous of Dodger's fitness:laughing:... Our walks are generally 2-6 miles... Let me re-phrase, I walk 2-6 miles, Dodger likely runs 6-12 miles on the same walk because of all the detours he does... Am I the only one with a crazy dog who actually chooses the long way around all the time? He even runs up hills to explore (talk about crazy:crazy:) - I wait at the bottom of course:laughing:

Ford Girl
January 2nd, 2008, 10:31 PM
I didn't watch it all but there was a begal, 2 labs, a dashhund type, a rottie, a bull dog...it was a British show, pretty funny. The part I saw was a weigh in, they combined the human and dog's weight loss, and it was like the biggest loser, the team to lose the least amount went home. I will watch it if I see it on again.

Oh, if only I had Dazy's energy and metobolism, my house would be clean, the laundry would be done and I'd be long and lean...LOL! We leash walk 5klm 3 times a week at a fast pace, we are both tired afterwards.