Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Giving dog Gravol...

shan
June 7th, 2004, 03:11 PM
I am planning on taking my puppy (she will be almost 5 mo by then) camping with us at the end of June. It is a 8 hr trip or so. I have heard you can give dogs gravol to help them with car sickness. Has anyone heard of this? What do you think?

Princesss04
June 7th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Have you tried your dog in the car before?

shan
June 7th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Yes. Its kind of hit and miss. Sometimes she gets sick and sometimes she doesnt. I was thinking of not feeding her in the morning, but that makes for an awful long hungry day for her!

mona_b
June 7th, 2004, 03:30 PM
My sister used to give her GSD Torrie a Gravol when she came to visit us in Toronto.It was a 2 1/2 hour drive.If you don't feed her before you leave,then you will still need to make a stop and give her water and food.What you can try and do is maybe feed her about 2 to thress hours before you leave.

cmt489
June 7th, 2004, 03:36 PM
I have had vets recommend this for car sick puppies. Just make sure it is children's gravol (remember the size thing) and remeber to dose properly. :)

Michelle

Heather MH
June 7th, 2004, 05:39 PM
I have given my greyhound gravol before trips a few times. Never had any problems, she sleeps and doesn't get sick. Great for the both of us !! :p