Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Introducing Sheeba

CearaQC
January 2nd, 2008, 12:43 PM
Well, we decided to keep only one puppy after all.

Her name is now Sheeba.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0017-1.jpg

happycats
January 2nd, 2008, 12:47 PM
Awwwwwwwwww Congratulations!!! Sheeba is a cutie for sure!
I know it must have been a very hard choice! I'm glad you picked a black one, because black dogs are usually hardest to place:sad: I love Black dog's and cat's:)

SARAH
January 2nd, 2008, 12:49 PM
Sheba welcomes Sheeba, lol; as do Dani, Misti and Spoutnik too. She is a cute little thing, and Belle will be happy to have one of her pups around.

Lukka'sma
January 2nd, 2008, 12:54 PM
Oh she's absolutely darlin'
Hello Sheeba:D

CearaQC
January 2nd, 2008, 01:07 PM
She was the one I thought was blind! hehe Have a feeling she will be a very good dog.

Winston
January 2nd, 2008, 01:11 PM
She is a beauty! Love her eyes! Have you figured out an adoption strategy yet? Any more people interested?

Cindy

allymack
January 2nd, 2008, 01:16 PM
awww adorable! looks like such a cuddle muffin! :cloud9: have you had any interest about the puppies yet?

clm
January 2nd, 2008, 01:20 PM
She's adorable. I'm sure mom will appreciate you only keeping one of them too. :laughing:

Do you have more homes lined up....that's 8 left to place isn't it?

Cindy

Stacer
January 2nd, 2008, 01:25 PM
That's the one I would've picked, if I could have one. I love black doggies.
Congrats little Sheeba on finding your forever home!

CearaQC
January 2nd, 2008, 01:34 PM
She is a beauty! Love her eyes! Have you figured out an adoption strategy yet? Any more people interested?

Cindy

They are going to Rosie's in Montreal. Being picked up this evening.

A bunch of people tried to help us get them halfway to Montreal, but nothing panned out because of the holidays. So someone is driving the whole way here to get the pups.

http://www.rosieanimaladoption.org/

Rottielover
January 2nd, 2008, 01:37 PM
I never heard back, so they must have foster homes. Well congrats....Little sheeba.
It will be easier on you with one pup too, and she and belle get to soak up the attention :)

CearaQC
January 2nd, 2008, 01:47 PM
I never heard back, so they must have foster homes. Well congrats....Little sheeba.
It will be easier on you with one pup too, and she and belle get to soak up the attention :)

I tried my best in mentioning your wish several times... maybe they'll let you go and visit anyway. :D

Last I heard they were kinda busy because they got sick dogs from somewhere.

Pat talks really fast and I can't remember half of what she said about why Rosie's was so busy. :laughing:

Rottielover
January 2nd, 2008, 02:03 PM
It is ok. they are in good hands...And maybe I can foster another dog that needs me more than a pup. I will keep looking for a rescue to give me a chance.
But she sure looks like a doll :)

ancientgirl
January 2nd, 2008, 02:20 PM
Sheeba is just lovely. She looks like a teddy bear.:lovestruck:

happycats
January 2nd, 2008, 02:29 PM
Tonight?? they're going tonight? :cry: OMG we need another huge puppy pic's fix........our last one:sad:

I'm sure they're in great hands and will find loving homes. I'll still miss the cute butterball pics......At least we still have Sheeba:)

Frenchy
January 2nd, 2008, 02:36 PM
Congratulation to Sheeba new family !!!

They're leaving tonight ? :cry: I hope whoever is driving there will be very careful , I heard lots of wind and yucky roads in your area today.

I will miss them. :sad:

CearaQC
January 2nd, 2008, 04:09 PM
No... no wind. Light powdery snowfall, nothing major. :D

hazelrunpack
January 2nd, 2008, 04:12 PM
Sheeba is such a cutie! :cloud9: She's very lucky to be staying with both her moms! :D

I'm glad Rosie's could take the pups for you. Have you heard any more about the ex-owner's request to reclaim Belle? I hope nothing came of that! :fingerscr

jesse's mommy
January 2nd, 2008, 07:33 PM
What a sweet little fuzzbutt. :angel:

Byrd
January 2nd, 2008, 07:41 PM
aaawww so cute!

I can't believe how quickly they grew!

Good luck to all the rest, I'm sure it won't be too hard finding homes.

breeze
January 2nd, 2008, 07:55 PM
Hello Sheeba, nice to meet you.. I'm glad that you found your forever home with Ceara and you fur mom...
you are a real cutie with thoses eyes.....

BusterBoo
January 2nd, 2008, 08:07 PM
:lovestruck: Sheeba is gorgeous!!! such a beautiful face and those eyes!!!!

Congrats on your new addition

CearaQC
January 2nd, 2008, 08:43 PM
Have you heard any more about the ex-owner's request to reclaim Belle? I hope nothing came of that! :fingerscr

Yes... and funny story too.

The people that know her flat out lied and said they have no idea where Belle is currently living. :laughing:

Besides, that woman is pregnant with her 5th child. Pretty soon she will be too busy with a new baby to care.

Was told the other pup from Belle's first litter that is still living there is not tied outside at all and allowed to roam freely. Chances are he's not neutered either.

They live right beside a super busy road. Poor thing may be run over.

Frenchy
January 2nd, 2008, 08:46 PM
They live right beside a super busy road. Poor thing may be run over.

:wall: :mad:

growler~GateKeeper
January 2nd, 2008, 09:52 PM
Adorable little Sheeba :cloud9:

:goodvibes: for the rest of the puppies for life long loving homes soon :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
January 2nd, 2008, 09:57 PM
Was told the other pup from Belle's first litter that is still living there is not tied outside at all and allowed to roam freely.

Hmmmm...maybe someone will take him in, too :fingerscr

luckypenny
January 2nd, 2008, 10:06 PM
Congratulations Sheeba and CearaQc! She's adorable!

I have no doubt all the pups will find themselves in the most loving homes. Rosie's is a wonderful/responsible/conscientious rescue. And you'll know when they get adopted :thumbs up . You've opened your heart and home to their Mom, CearaQc, and then to the pups. Kudos to you for bringing them this far and helping to ensure their safe futures. Thank you :grouphug: .

JanM
January 2nd, 2008, 10:46 PM
What a beautiful "little" bundle of fur you have ! She is adorable..

rainbow
January 3rd, 2008, 01:35 AM
She is one cute little fuzzball. :lovestruck: Are her eyes really blue? Does she see better now? :fingerscr We will need lots of pics of this little cutie growing up. :thumbs up

happycats
January 8th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Just wondering how Belle and Sheeba are doing?
Have you heard anything about the other pups? Have they been adopted? to anyone on the board?:)

I would really love to see some Sheeba pic's to see how big she's getting!

CearaQC
January 8th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Just wondering how Belle and Sheeba are doing?
Have you heard anything about the other pups? Have they been adopted? to anyone on the board?:)

I would really love to see some Sheeba pic's to see how big she's getting!

I did have a pic but moved around the pictures on my Photobucket account and lost the link to the pic in the original post. Will get some more posted soon. Been trying to catch cute mom/daughter poses. :laughing:

Both are doing super! Sheeba is starting to get the hang of housetraining because she has a good example from Belle. :D

Haven't heard anything about adoptions yet. Think it won't be until their vaccinations kick in and they get neutered/spayed, but I could be wrong. Their pics are all up on Rosie's site now. I feel confident in their abilities to find the best homes possible for all the puppies. They probably have a better chance at life there than here.

happycats
January 8th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Can't wait to see the mom and daughter pics.....linx too!!:cat:

Luba
January 13th, 2008, 02:33 AM
http://www.rosieanimaladoption.org/availablepets.htm

I haven't been on here in a bit and didn't know the pups had gone to Rosies. I just went to the site saw all the pics and figured thats who all those little darlins were. They are healthy and a good size thanks to both of their moms wink wink!

Rosie's is a great rescue and will do their very best, I have nothing but excellent things to say about them. My girl is from there and I am in Toronto. Her sister is in this area as well. Rosie's will send to the 'best' possible home you can count on it!

You did a wonderful job! many hugs to you.

Luba
January 13th, 2008, 02:40 AM
I also just notice that some have been adopted!:thumbs up
The little boy, David is listed as NOT available, I hope this little babe isn't sick but will :pray:

Adams
Breed: Golden-x
Sex: Male
Good with dogs: Yes
Good with cats: Yes
Good with kids: over 8
Weight:

Blizzard
Breed: Golden-x
Sex: Male
Good with dogs: yes
Good with cats: yes
Good with kids: over 8
Weight:

CearaQC
January 13th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Thanks Luba for your support and posting about it. :highfive:

I saw yesterday on their site that two were adopted. Figures that the cream/blondes would get adopted first. Why not the brindle? Wow she is an excellent pup and I figured she would go first, but I guess people still choose by appearances. :sad: Brindle is PRIME for training....agility, service, etc.

We chose Sheeba not based on looks at all. She likes to sit at my feet and is doing quite well keeping my toes warm! :laughing:

I'm waiting for pics of the people that adopted already. I want to make a slideshow video to show from birth to adoption and am waiting on pics in my email. It is my plan to "use" the situation as a lesson for others as to what can happen with a neglected mom dog but yet all end on a happy note, and to promote spay/neuter.

You'd have to ask Rosie's about the "unavailable" puppy. I know what is going on with him but won't talk about it and just let them answer the questions. After all we signed a surrender form, so I don't want to interfere.

Rottielover
January 13th, 2008, 12:04 PM
I also thought the same. Kara would have been the first, but oh well. Rosies is such a great rescue.
I also know what happened but not my place to say. I hope all will be adopted very soon :fingerscr

Winston
January 13th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Oh I loved the BRindle ones from the time they were born! Well all of them really but they are just really nice looking in the face!

:thumbs up Hoping all goes well and they find their forever homes!

Great idea CearaQC about the video! How are the plans coming with starting a rescue? or did those people back out of helping too!

Cindy

CearaQC
January 13th, 2008, 01:07 PM
How are the plans coming with starting a rescue? or did those people back out of helping too!

Cindy

Thanks for asking! Well, it's kind of a soap opera at the moment.

They promised and promised to help find homes for the pups, but didn't do much and only found one family.

I don't want to talk bad about those people... they aren't really bad, but just a bit misinformed about how things really are in the shelter/rescue world.

The last thing I heard is they are still looking for some property to have an actual shelter. One property they had their hopes for is sitting on contaminated ground from underground petroleum tanks that were removed a long time ago and they claim no one will want to donate money to that kind of situation and have developed a fatalistic attitude. I wonder if cement could just be poured and drains installed, but no one is getting back to me on that and I don't know where to find out if it is at all plausible. Oh and supposedly someone is filling out government red tape forms for charity but I haven't heard anything else.

I told them they are going about it all the wrong way and need to registered as a charity first, set up a bank account and then let me get some fundraising events started.

Hoping that when spring comes we might be able to move forward and get something started in 2008.

Luba
January 13th, 2008, 05:14 PM
No worries about the unavailable Dave I'm sure Rosie's will fix em right up they work with a good vet. :sick:

It musta tore your heart out to watch them go like that but you're using a great source to help, they've got a great start now thanks to you. Just think what could have happened to them if you hadn't saved their mom. I have a feeling none of them including mama would have made it through.

Thats a lovely idea to share the pictures with the adopting families, you're awesome to think about that. It's a great idea!!