Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

She followed me home, can we keep her???

bendyfoot
January 2nd, 2008, 11:22 AM
Jaida appeared on our back porch yesterday with our neighbour's lovely golden, Daisy. Daisy is a big, solid, chunk of a girl with a heart of gold. Once we were walking by the neighbour's property and their evil JRTs came charging at us (they didn't like Gracie)...and Daisy promptly herded them back to the house, pinned one to the ground with a paw, and held the other one down with her mouth until we passed. It was amazing.

We love Daisy. How can you not??? (look at that face!!!)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2234/2158732296_3ccc38cd85.jpg

So does Jaida, and the two of them played and wrestled for HOURS in the snow....

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2311/2158732148_494750eb70.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2145/2157934921_b83025a939.jpg

Even Gracie gets along with her, and Daisy is very respectful of Gracie's need to be the boss.
So, Kim has decided that we should steal her. She's been giving her cookies every time she comes over. She thinks Daisy wants to be a big lazy spoiled housedog like ours instead of being an outside farm dog.

want4rain
January 2nd, 2008, 12:01 PM
how funny!! she sure is cute. :)

tick tock tick tock!!!!

-ashley

happycats
January 2nd, 2008, 12:35 PM
She is cute!!! I have been waiting for years for one of those to follow me home! That's the only way DH will let me keep it!:D

SARAH
January 2nd, 2008, 12:41 PM
Maybe the farm will let you keep her ... :laughing:

jiorji
January 2nd, 2008, 01:03 PM
awwww she's so cute!!!:cloud9:

and i love the story. Definetly keep her:D:laughing:

clm
January 2nd, 2008, 01:08 PM
She's beautiful. She'll probably spend lots of time at your house now that she has a buddy and can get treats too. :laughing:
Hubby had a female malamute follow him and our first dog Freddie home from their walk one evening. It was mighty tempting to keep her. Freddie hated other dogs, but hubby said he kept looking around behind them on their walk that night to make sure she was still there. :lovestruck:

Cindy

Frenchy
January 2nd, 2008, 02:27 PM
Well of course she's gorgeous ! She's a golden AND her name is Daisy :o

Does that means ..... you're adopting her ? :pray: she fits so well with Jaida ! :2huggers:

Ford Girl
January 2nd, 2008, 03:22 PM
Well of course she's gorgeous ! She's a golden AND her name is Daisy :o

:2huggers:

My thoughts exactly!!! Another golden Dazy! :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

jesse's mommy
January 2nd, 2008, 07:45 PM
Jaida, of course you can keep her. :evil:

luckypenny
January 2nd, 2008, 09:00 PM
If you can't...just think...she's free to visit the most wonderful place with lots of love, treats, and a pal to play with whenever she likes. Lucky girl. She's really a beauty!

growler~GateKeeper
January 2nd, 2008, 09:55 PM
Very cute play session in the snow :cloud9: Does Daisy get to visit often?

14+kitties
January 2nd, 2008, 10:57 PM
What a sweetheart! :cloud9:

KimandAutumn
January 2nd, 2008, 11:00 PM
She's just beautiful. :cloud9:

TeriM
January 2nd, 2008, 11:04 PM
What a gorgeous, happy girl :lovestruck:.

rainbow
January 3rd, 2008, 01:28 AM
She's beautiful :lovestruck: and I vote for dognapping too. :D

hazelrunpack
January 3rd, 2008, 09:16 AM
She does have a lovely smile. :D I think I'm gonna have to vote with the dognappers. :thumbs up

bendyfoot
January 3rd, 2008, 10:13 AM
Daisy's welcome to come over any time she likes. I think she was a bit skittish to before because she's too respectful of Gracie to come on her turf. Now that Gracie's accepted her at our place, I think she'll be around a lot. She was sitting in the hayfield next to our property, staring at our house this morning. She's so cute! I don't think the farm would give her up, but stranger things have happened. Maybe we'll just mention to them that if they were unable to keep her for some reason that we'd take her. She'd be a perfect fit in our little pack! And if not, like you guys said, she can hang out with us and be Jaida's buddy. They just have so much fun together! Even when Jaida was just a baby, Daisy loved her and has always been so gentle with her.

Frenchy
January 3rd, 2008, 12:39 PM
Maybe we'll just mention to them that if they were unable to keep her for some reason that we'd take her.

woohoo ! :thumbs up