Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

2007 finished with a challenge.

clm
January 1st, 2008, 01:55 AM
3 power failures here this afternoon. Not long ones, just long enough to make me have to reset all the clocks, you know the microwave, the coffee maker, the stove.
And enough to damage the impeller on the cannister filter for the fish tank. :frustrated:Phoned around and found a place that carries the parts so off we went.
Of course, in my infinate wisdom, I had decided it would be nice to cook hubby and I a little turkey tonight. Now with the kitchen full of parts of a filter and the sink holding said filter until the new parts were installed. (had to figure out how to install the new impeller). The turkey got into the oven late and we ended up having dinner at 10:00.
Could have been the worst turkey in the world, would have tasted like the food of the gods to us by that time. :laughing:. It was actually quite good.

Cindy

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 02:05 AM
:frustrated: Bummer! Did you put the fish tank on its own surge protector now?

If you'd only lingered for another 2 hours, you could have had your turkey for New Year's Day! Midnight champagne...candlelit dinner! :D Or isn't that romantic when it's cuz the power is out? :o