Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New Year's Eve Thread

Byrd
December 31st, 2007, 06:05 PM
Well, as some of you remember, last year we killed the Thread Jack Thread on New Year's Eve. So, this year I figured I'd get the ball rolling and have a seperate thread for those of us who are just staying in and chillaxing tonight.

I'll begin with "I'm Byrd, and I just don't give a :censored: about this new year's stuff and am staying in and having a movie night".

Frenchy
December 31st, 2007, 06:07 PM
Well Byrd , I will see ya , here , later :thumbs up

I'm Frenchy and I can't wait for this :censored: year to be over :clap:

Frenchy
December 31st, 2007, 06:08 PM
OMG is this a date ? Do I have to dress up ? Put on make up ? :clown: :laughing:

SARAH
December 31st, 2007, 06:09 PM
Hi Byrd, I don't give a :censored: either! But we'll have a nice steak on the BBQ together with a few shrimp that I am soon going to go marinade, and some bubbly later on, after we watch a movie in our favourite positions.

Going out tonight? With all the :crazy: drinking and driving? You gotta be kidding, right :eek::confused: Not for us.

HAPPY NEW YEAR :D

Frenchy
December 31st, 2007, 06:16 PM
after we watch a movie in our favourite positions.

:eek: Sarah !!!

:D

I had invitations too , but I don't want to drive either , certainly not in my area ! And I want to be here , don't want to leave the fuzzbutts alone , not when it's Sam's last new year's eve / day.

Byrd
December 31st, 2007, 06:29 PM
:laughing: Nope, not an official date, and um... about the positions thing... :eek:

I'm going to be having a Pirates of the Caribean marathon... just got #3 so am watching all three back to back. Had pizza for dinner with some wine, and will do the popcorn thing later. :shrug: Willow's had a nice walk and is gnawing on a raw marrow bone.... lucky her. :dog:

wdawson
December 31st, 2007, 06:29 PM
i'm wayne and we are staying home too(feels like i'm at an aa meeting) we are gonna watch jack ass 2.5 and the simpson movie:D...eat bbq ribs and drink beer with shots of baily's :laughing:....see ya on wednesday:laughing:

Byrd
December 31st, 2007, 06:36 PM
:laughing: Go Waaaayne, go Wayne, gogo!

Funny how all the people at work were boohooing me for staying home. I kept saying "If I wanted to go out, I'd go out!" :rolleyes:

wdawson
December 31st, 2007, 06:45 PM
:laughing: Go Waaaayne, go Wayne, gogo!

Funny how all the people at work were boohooing me for staying home. I kept saying "If I wanted to go out, I'd go out!" :rolleyes:

theres still 4hours 45 mins left:yell:.....i'll never make it...i had to work today and got up at 4:30 so i could walk the dogs so my wife could sleep in......paybacks better happen in the morning:rolleyes:

Byrd
December 31st, 2007, 06:50 PM
Yeah, same here, I was up at 6:30, worked until 4, then went grocery shopping, and walked Willow. Had a glass of wine with dinner. Geez, I'm ready for bed now. :sleepy:

wdawson
December 31st, 2007, 06:53 PM
Yeah, same here, I was up at 6:30, worked until 4, then went grocery shopping, and walked Willow. Had a glass of wine with dinner. Geez, I'm ready for bed now. :sleepy:

:laughing::laughing:....wher not gettin old are we :rolleyes:

Rottielover
December 31st, 2007, 06:54 PM
hey, I am Karen, and I also do not give a $#$%# about the new year thingy.
I am at a friends, but leaving soon, going to put Kayla to bed, then watch a movie with some poppycorn :)

Byrd
December 31st, 2007, 06:55 PM
:laughing: Yeah, my 25-year-old landlord invited me to go out with her and her friends... the pretty little Portuguese girls... not an ounce of fat, perfect skin, perfect hair... yeah, I fit in there. :rolleyes:

14+kitties
December 31st, 2007, 07:03 PM
cough, cough (clearing throat so as to be heard)..... Hi, I am Gerri, and I am a New Year's Eve drop out 30 years now. :o I will be staying home tonight as well. Probably watching some tube, checking in here, and playing on-line games. Hubby will be in bed in about 20 min. so it's me and the step sons tonight. And I don't even drink. :sad:
Wd--I watched the Simpsons movie last night. Saying a lot when I don't like the show much.
Catch you all later.

brandynva
December 31st, 2007, 07:18 PM
Hi I'm Brandy and I am not a New Yearaholic.

I will likely watch Disney with the kids and flip to watch the ball drop at midnight. My hubby will be in bed early as well, so it will be me, the two dogs and the kids. Right now we are watching Dr. Who. :D So I will be checking later! Ya'll enjoy your movies, popcorn, wine and whatever else!

Byrd -- let me know what you think of #3.

SARAH
December 31st, 2007, 07:24 PM
:laughing: Nope, not an official date, and um... about the positions thing... :eek:

:eek: Sarah !!!

:D

OK OK one-track-minds :laughing: look at my avatar pic, that's the position I was talking about! :frustrated:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Byrd
December 31st, 2007, 07:24 PM
Have you not seen #3 yet?

brandynva
December 31st, 2007, 07:26 PM
I have seen it. Twice. :whistle: (I have kids) I am curious what others opinions are. :thumbs up

SARAH
December 31st, 2007, 07:29 PM
I liked the first Pirate best. Won't tell on the others!!

Frenchy
December 31st, 2007, 07:46 PM
.paybacks better happen in the morning:rolleyes:

You can always ask Sarah for positions ideas :lightbulb: :laugh:

pbpatti
December 31st, 2007, 07:47 PM
hi, i'm patti, looks like us furball / fuzzbutt lovers are a stay in kind of gang. DH and I are going to cheat tonight we will watch the "ball drop" at 10:00 our time 12 your time of course, so we can crash early if we want to. yep i think getting on in years:laughing: right grandma & grandpa:D

I really am still a young thing at heart at least my brain still tells me...oh and I'm only 51 and :crazy::cool:I will hang in until the midnight bell rings in the new year.

Byrd
December 31st, 2007, 07:50 PM
Well, technically I could have celebrated with my husband, that was at 5:00 my time, so, I'm done. LOL

The first Pirates was of course the best, the first of any series is always the best is it not? It was an original idea.

wdawson
December 31st, 2007, 07:51 PM
You can always ask Sarah for positions ideas :lightbulb: :laugh:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:....i better not go there tonight:D

hazelrunpack
December 31st, 2007, 07:54 PM
Hi, I'm hazel, madame hazel, "Two Dogs Facing Off", and me! And I'm also not a New Years Eveaholic. :D

The thirteen of us (the abovementioned four plus hubby, Ember, Cass, Cole, Macie, Lil Belle, LadyRidge, Brier and Grace) will be gone shortly to watch Harry Potter 5 (I never see movies till they come out in DVD and hubby brought HP5 home along with my new coffee pot :lovestruck:) but then some of us (the aforementioned four) will be back. :crazy:

Definitely need critiques of POTC #3, Byrd. :D hazel hasn't seen that, either.

Frenchy
December 31st, 2007, 07:55 PM
I was suppose to go play with the dogs outside in the snow but I have to wait a bit , ate too much cheesecake :eeew: that would be too funny , to finish 2007 barfing :laughing: :cool:

hazelrunpack
December 31st, 2007, 07:56 PM
The first Pirates was of course the best, the first of any series is always the best is it not? It was an original idea.

I'll let you know after I watch HP5--I've heard some good reviews... :p

Byrd
December 31st, 2007, 08:09 PM
Yes, HP5 was good, I got it for Xmas too.... along with Pirates 3. Can't wait for HP6, it's ver Snape-centric and me loves me Snape!!! :lovestruck:

Well, guys and dolls, I'm just starting Pirates 2, so it's gonna be after midnight before #3 is done.

brandynva
December 31st, 2007, 08:16 PM
Ha! #3 is very long.

I enjoy all of the HP movies, as well as the books. I am drinking coffee to try and stay awake. It's not working so far. bleh..

Frenchy
December 31st, 2007, 08:23 PM
I only saw Pirates #1 and didn't like it one bit :sorry:

Frenchy
December 31st, 2007, 08:25 PM
:laughing::laughing:....wher not gettin old are we :rolleyes:

I'm drinking water right now :eek: :loser: :laughing:

Byrd
December 31st, 2007, 08:28 PM
Love all the HP books and movies as well.

Eating popcorn, chocolate, and drinking Diet Coke.

Byrd
December 31st, 2007, 09:04 PM
Greeeeat now I have a headache from all the junk food! :wall:

otter
December 31st, 2007, 09:07 PM
Hello all.... after spending the last 5 of seven days traveling (driving mostly, flying a bit) i'm sitting here at HOME to bring in the new year. Be gone 2007, good riddance for the most part.

Maybe a little unpacking, some snuggling with fuzz buts, popcorn, is my plan, wooo hooo!

Frenchy
December 31st, 2007, 09:14 PM
Hey Otter , we were wondering where you were. I thought you went to your mom's for the holidays. Did Molly get dogsat by your neighbor ? Did she miss her mommy ? :cloud9:

Byrd , some aspirins and water :thumbs up you can't start the new year with a headache !!! :eek:

Byrd
December 31st, 2007, 09:20 PM
Hey Otter, welcome to the party!!! :party:

otter
December 31st, 2007, 09:25 PM
Byrd, seeing as you already have a headache maybe some alcohol might help??

I pretty much spend New Years celebrating the fact that everyone survived Christmas:laughing: (that can be very challenging)

Molly spent four days staying with "strangers" - my Dad has friends staying at his house while he's away in Florida and they were very kind to take in Molly while I had to be away. They are an older couple, home all day and had kids and grandkids over to play all the time. I think Molly had a great time! :D As usual I was sooooooo worried about leaving her but all worked out in the end. When I went to pick her up she only gave me a little wag, but when the people she was staying with came home (they were out when I arrived) she went NUTS. I can't blame the poor girl but I sure did feel unloved:sad:

Looks like i'm spending the night getting caught up on pets.ca, i've missed SO much! It feels like i've been totally neglecting you guys.:sad:

brandynva
December 31st, 2007, 09:36 PM
I'm drinking water right now :eek: :loser: :laughing:

Me too. I'm in the loser club right with ya Frenchy! :loser: :D

otter
December 31st, 2007, 09:40 PM
I think that come tomorrow we'll all be firmly confirmed members of the WINNERS club! :thumbs up Who really wants to start a whole new year with a hangover:yuck:
Tomorrow night would be a much better time to be drinking IMO:laughing:

Byrd
December 31st, 2007, 09:44 PM
Can't drink tomorrow, have to work on Wednesday. :sad:

CearaQC
December 31st, 2007, 10:14 PM
I'm Kara and haven't celebrated a New Year in over 10 years.

I rarely drink because I hate the way it makes me feel.

Coffee sounds real good about now as well as a snack.

Pirates movies, eh? Yarrrr matey! I loved that series of movies. Also enjoy time period movies like Jane Austen, medieval, ancient times, history and sometimes even war movies. lol

otter
December 31st, 2007, 10:23 PM
Ugh, don't remind me about work on Wednesday....:yuck::yuck::yuck:

Byrd
December 31st, 2007, 10:24 PM
Ceara have you seen Miss. Potter? It was a good period movie.

Frenchy
December 31st, 2007, 10:25 PM
but when the people she was staying with came home (they were out when I arrived) she went NUTS. I can't blame the poor girl but I sure did feel unloved:sad:

:laughing: Molly sure loves EVERYBODY ! :cloud9: and everybody loves her. :dog:

CearaQC
December 31st, 2007, 10:41 PM
Ceara have you seen Miss. Potter? It was a good period movie.

Nope! There's no decent movie theatre here. I haven't seen a movie in a theatre since the first Lord of the Rings came out and I saw that in Montreal. :laughing:

Thx and I'll check out the IMDB on it.

http://www.imdb.com/

Byrd
December 31st, 2007, 10:48 PM
I haven't been to a theatre in a long time either. I have the Movie Network, it just played on there so it's obviously been on DVD for a while now.

otter
December 31st, 2007, 10:48 PM
Ooooo, Miss Potter was very good :thumbs up. It's out on DVD (we don't have a theater here either)

Byrd
December 31st, 2007, 11:01 PM
LOL We have many, many theatres, I just prefer to wait and watch them at home.

It was a very sad movie though, but good.

growler~GateKeeper
December 31st, 2007, 11:23 PM
Hi I'm Growler & I don't "do" New Year's Eve either :laughing:

I've been out for my 4 mile walk already, snuggled on the couch w/Duffy warming my feet :cloud9: I'll be around ;)

CearaQC
December 31st, 2007, 11:32 PM
Miss Potter movie looks great! Went to check out some movie trailers. Love how they show how women used to be treated. Either made to marry or stay at home to be an old maid, but supporting oneself was frowned upon. Wow times sure have changed. :laughing:

A funny movie from around the same time period is "Road to Wellville." http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111001/ Has lots of good actors. Anthony Hopkins plays Dr. Kellog I like the part where they have a dog that doesn't show interest in meat and Kellog claims the dog is a vegetarian. :laughing:

Well all the fuzzbutts are sleeping and hubby is snoring. My turn next. *yawn*

Happy New Year everyone! Stay warm and comfy.

hazelrunpack
December 31st, 2007, 11:37 PM
ARggghhhhhhhhHHHH~

I'm Frustrated Hazel and I'm a connection hater. I signed on 15 minutes ago and this is my second post. Many others were lost in disconnects! :mad:

:p

Also enjoy time period movies like Jane Austen, medieval, ancient times, history and sometimes even war movies. lol

Me, too! :thumbs up Specially the ancient times and Jane Austen (though not necessarily either in that order or implying any connection between the two :D)

I haven't been to a theatre in a long time either. I have the Movie Network, it just played on there so it's obviously been on DVD for a while now.

I prefer to not stick to the floor while I'm watching a movie--or have the back of my chair kicked by a squirmy ankle-biter :o--so I never see a movie in a theater anymore. Haven't for decades. I always wait for the DVD. :shrug: Hey, what can I say? I'm strange...and very very patient... :laughing:

Byrd
December 31st, 2007, 11:37 PM
Yes, it is great, and Ewan McGregor does an excellent job! :thumbs up

Goodnight.... can't wait another 25 minutes, eh? LOL

:sleepy:

brandynva
December 31st, 2007, 11:39 PM
Well, it's New Year's Eve, and my kids are fighting. My son shoved my daughter off the couch, so he got to go to bed early. <sigh> I may be generous and wake him up at 5 till. :wall: Kids.

hazelrunpack
December 31st, 2007, 11:43 PM
nite, Kara!

he he Happy New Year, Brandy! :laughing: Dratted kids! :p

All 8 of mine are sleeping.... :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

14+kitties
January 1st, 2008, 12:01 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!

Byrd
January 1st, 2008, 12:02 AM
Oh, geez, it's 12:01... happy new year!

breeze
January 1st, 2008, 12:06 AM
http://www.smileycons.com/img/newyear/02.gif

from my family to yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good health and happiness to all

Byrd
January 1st, 2008, 12:10 AM
I have seen it. Twice. :whistle: (I have kids) I am curious what others opinions are. :thumbs up

Well, I'm an hour and a half into it and so far like it better than part 2. Part 2 kinda just seems like a bridge between 1&3.

Some funny parts, like shivery monkey. LOL

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 12:18 AM
So is 2008 worth staying up for? :D I have 43 minutes to go but my eyes are crossing! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
January 1st, 2008, 12:20 AM
Happy New Year EastCoasters :D

hehe it's still 07 here for another 2hrs 40 mins :laughing:

14+kitties
January 1st, 2008, 12:21 AM
So is 2008 worth staying up for? :D I have 43 minutes to go but my eyes are crossing! :laughing:

So far I have spent mine saying good night to everyone in the house and typing a message to you in your other thread. :o
I need to get to bed soon too. I have been up since 6:15 this morning.

otter
January 1st, 2008, 12:21 AM
2008? So far so good... i'd stay up just to be sure it arrives safely Hazel :laughing:

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 12:33 AM
So far I have spent mine saying good night to everyone in the house and typing a message to you in your other thread. :o
I need to get to bed soon too. I have been up since 6:15 this morning.

You've been up since 6:15 last year!?! :eek: You must be really tired! :laughing: I'll go check the other thread. :o

2008? So far so good... i'd stay up just to be sure it arrives safely Hazel :laughing:

:thumbs up That's maybe a good idea. With hazel's luck, you never know... :p

Byrd
January 1st, 2008, 12:40 AM
You sound like me, been up since 6:30 and worked a full day.

2008 is so far no different than 2007.

Hazel, did you watch HP5?

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 12:44 AM
Hazel, did you watch HP5?

Yep. :D It was a bit choppy--I had to keep stopping it to explain things to hubby, who is not much of a Harry Potter fan. :o So I'll have to watch it again tomorrow to really know how I feel about it. :shrug:

How is POTC 3? Worth the purchase price? :D

otter
January 1st, 2008, 12:44 AM
Hope 2008 arrives safely for you all.

My duty is done, 2008 arrived safe and sound in my house, now it's bed time.:sleepy:

growler~GateKeeper
January 1st, 2008, 12:46 AM
Nite :sleepy: Otter....good to see you back :grouphug: good new year wishes to you & yours

Byrd
January 1st, 2008, 12:47 AM
Yep. :D It was a bit choppy--I had to keep stopping it to explain things to hubby, who is not much of a Harry Potter fan. :o So I'll have to watch it again tomorrow to really know how I feel about it. :shrug:

How is POTC 3? Worth the purchase price? :D

Make hubby watch the others!

So far so good!

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 12:53 AM
Byrd, hubby has watched the others. :laughing: But without reading the books, the movies are a bit of a cypher...apparently...if you go by hubby. :D

That's good news on POTC 3! :thumbs up That'll be my next acquisition! :D At least, it will if it ever stops snowing long enough for me to drive into town again! :eek: Sheesh! It's still snowing out there!

Nite, otter! Nice to see you back!

brandynva
January 1st, 2008, 01:06 AM
Well Happy New Year everyone! And to those whose it is coming up. I am off to bed shortly myself.

Byrd -- I liked 3 better than 2, but 1 was best of all. At least Johnny is hot and that makes up for a lot! :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 01:10 AM
Oh my gosh! It's 12:09!!

*hazel's head swivels from side to side*

Whew! Looks like 2008 is gonna be OoooKay! :D

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 01:11 AM
Nite, Brandy! Happy New Year! :highfive:

Byrd
January 1st, 2008, 01:21 AM
Wow! That was a long movie! Very enjoyable I must say, I was worried after the flop of part 2, although you do have to see 2 to understand 3. Everyone complains about the whole Will situation; I keep hearing "I'm so mad at what they did to Will!" LOL It wasn't so bad... can't all be fairytale endings now can they?

Ah, see Hazel now you really have to see it to decipher that. And last I put Willow out it was just barely starting to snow.

Well, night all, sweet dreams. Hope 2008 is great! :thumbs up :laughing: Poet and I didn't even know it.

:sleepy:

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 01:24 AM
Nite, Byrd! Happy new year to you, hubby, and Willow! :thumbs up

rainbow
January 1st, 2008, 01:31 AM
Just found this thread now. :o You guys are way too fast for me but then Shaw Cable isn't helping any either. :rolleyes:

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone that left :crazy: and I hope 2008 is the best one yet. :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

growler~GateKeeper
January 1st, 2008, 01:32 AM
Nite :sleepy: Byrd good new year wishes to you & yours - hope hubby's immigration papers are sped through super fast for you :goodvibes:

Byrd
January 1st, 2008, 01:34 AM
Oh, and I hope everyone does realize that with every POTC movie you have to wait until the very end of the credits! The snippet for part 2 isn't so important, but with 1 and 3 they are.

The "crazy credit" for the last one, I wonder if they took from this Christophe Vacher painting. (don't look unless you've seen the movie or want to be spoiled)

http://imago.joueb.com/images/Vacher_Expectations.jpg

BIG SPOILER! Do not click here if you have not seen the movie!!!! You have been officially warned!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkwPwl-EUwI&feature=related

Does anyone think there's going to be a part 4? There's something on You Tube about "POTC: The Fountain of Youth".

clm
January 1st, 2008, 01:38 AM
Happy new year everyone. I'm so happy I've found this site, you're all wonderful. Let's hope 2008 is a great year for all.

Cindy

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 01:38 AM
Thanks for the warning, Byrd! I'll wait till I can pick up #3, then check out the link! :thumbs up

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone that left :crazy: and I hope 2008 is the best one yet. :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Same to the Rainbow household! 2008 is going to be soooooo much better than 2007! :thumbs up Trust madame hazel... :o

rainbow
January 1st, 2008, 01:44 AM
Byrd, if you have left (your light is still on) then have a good sleep :sleepy: .....and hope the new year brings a speedy process for your hubby to join you. :lovestruck:

Byrd
January 1st, 2008, 01:48 AM
aaaawwwww thanks.

LOL Got me searching for info on POTC 4, to see if there will be one or not.

pbpatti
January 1st, 2008, 01:48 AM
it appears that I have missed the wishing of happy new year to our easterner friends, wel better late i say, i wish for you to wake up to a brand new year with hope, happiness and dreams come true. Gbless all. patti

pbpatti
January 1st, 2008, 01:52 AM
those of us who are waiting to cheer in the new year in our time zones Gbless to you. WOW I cannot believe that another year has gone by:evil: the year seems to have passed by so quickly, I have to say thanks to whomever/whatever brought me to this forum for it truly has been a blessing to me.

OK lets partyyyy

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 01:57 AM
Oy, ol' hazel is too pooped to party. :D

But I did want to say Happy New Year, patti! :thumbs up I hope 2008 is full of good health for all of you! :grouphug:

pbpatti
January 1st, 2008, 02:08 AM
thanks hrpk. for you well wishes, take care or your pack and I will try to keep mine in good health.

I just had to do this one last post of 2007, it will give me 50!!!starting the new year off with some wonderful new folks in my circle of friends. patti

growler~GateKeeper
January 1st, 2008, 03:00 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!westcoast time of course ;)

pbpatti
January 1st, 2008, 03:38 AM
hey growler, happy new year. we had a female sibe she was the most beautiful looking dog. she had the black mask. oh so pretty. passed away about 11 years ago now maybe 12, she acted like she was 1yr old even when she was 13. she succumbed very quickly to cancer in the abdomen, did not have any pain or anything until one day...boom, she could not get up and it hurt her for us to even try and lift her. I still miss the girl.

we bred her once and what a treat:lovestruck:she had 9 pups and 8 survived the first nite. we are not breeders of any kind, the people we bought her from said that we had to breed her once so they could get the pick of the litter. it seems that this is maybe where the backyard breeders come from.

we had no knowledge about the care of and breeding of puppies. i recall though how much joy they brought.

they were born on jan 11th (my parents anniv) we had them boarded off at the bottom of the stairs in the bsmt. they grew so fast it was remarkable. that was the time that i understood why they say dogs lives are 7 years eqaul to our 1 yr.

the best valentine present that my DH gave me up to that time was building a pen in the garage and taking them out of the house. the little devils figured out how to push the boards away and did the poop/pee thing all over the bsmt in the middle of the night! 8 puppies going sqeeek, poop,sqeek pee, it was just too much. i was getting up in the night about 3 to 4 times just to clean up and try to lock them up again.

wow getting a litttle long winded. i'll keep more of this story for later

patti

:rip: katana 13 yr old sibe
:rip: cognac 13 yr old amer. cocker

growler~GateKeeper
January 1st, 2008, 03:50 AM
I love sibes :lovestruck: you can see mine here http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=42416 :cloud9::lovestruck::cloud9::lovestruck: miss the girls :sad: & missy & cally & bandit & smokey :sad:

BusterBoo
January 1st, 2008, 09:51 AM
OK, so I know I am a bit late for this thread, but.......

Last night hubby and I went out for a nice dinner (well, we got to the restaurant at 7:15 and it closed at 8:00:frustrated: ) so we had a nice FAST dinner. Then our plan was to go to the Casino, as we always do on New Years Eve. We got there at 8:30 and by 9:15 I was out of money! Absolutely no luck at all, with thousands of people pushing to get a slot machine. So, I watched hubby (yes, he offered to let me play instead but since I was on a losing streak, I declined his offer).

By 11:15, hubby was out of money and you couldn't move in the Casino. So......we came home! In the house by 11:35, poured ourselves a glass of Bailey's and put the TV on. Buster snuggled on the couch with us and we watched the New Year come in on various stations. Made all the obligatory phone calls. Called my Dad (age 83), who was at a party and having a great time!! Called my son and his wife, woke them up! :sleepy: Then it was bed time!

:lightbulb: NOTE TO SELF: Next year....stay home and rent a movie, have popcorn and enjoy the evening!!!

Happy New Years to all!!!

SARAH
January 1st, 2008, 10:03 AM
Called my parents at 6:30 PM to wish them a Happy New Year ... they live near Bordeaux (France) :laughing: so I was in fact a little late!

Called Lewis' parents at 11:30 PM, they were out dancing and dining and having a great time, no time to talk to us even! :frustrated: :laughing:

Ended up not having the Asti after all, made an Irish coffee after the BBQ.

Lousy TV, all re-runs :sad:

Frenchy
January 1st, 2008, 10:07 AM
Lousy TV, all re-runs :sad:

There a "Family Guy" marathon today on one of the Express Vu channels :crazy:

SARAH
January 1st, 2008, 10:15 AM
Looks more like "snow removal people" today :laughing: it's really coming down out there, and big, fluffy, CHristmas-looking flakes too.

There sure is a lot of snow this winter. Looks like the winter of 1958 (from pics of my grandparents' house) and the one of 2005 (both in Norway), lots and lots of snow!

Pretty, and brightening up everything. If it were a little less slippery ... oh well, we know how to handle the slipping and sliding Mustang :D as long as other drivers know what they are doing ...

BusterBoo
January 1st, 2008, 11:23 AM
Looks more like "snow removal people" today :laughing: it's really coming down out there, and big, fluffy, CHristmas-looking flakes too.

There sure is a lot of snow this winter. Looks like the winter of 1958 (from pics of my grandparents' house) and the one of 2005 (both in Norway), lots and lots of snow!

Pretty, and brightening up everything. If it were a little less slippery ... oh well, we know how to handle the slipping and sliding Mustang :D as long as other drivers know what they are doing ...

Sarah, how much snow are you expecting in Montreal?????? The reason I am asking is.....when we booked our trip to Mexico, there was a deal that if it snowed more than 5 inches at our departure airport, on January 1, 2008, we would be reimbursed for the cost of our trip!!!!!! I normally hate snow, but I am :pray: for lots and lots of snow in Montreal today :laughing:

brandynva
January 1st, 2008, 11:37 AM

I am so jealous. :sad: I LOVE snow. Last year we got 2 inches ALL WINTER! This year isn't shaping up to be much better. Of course tonight they are calling for 7 inches only 2 hours away from us and none here. :rolleyes: So enjoy your big fluffy snow for me. I am longing for the day where it is deep enough that it comes up to Roscoe's belly. He's never seen snow like that. Isn't that sad?

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 11:52 AM
I am so jealous. :sad: I LOVE snow. Last year we got 2 inches ALL WINTER! This year isn't shaping up to be much better. Of course tonight they are calling for 7 inches only 2 hours away from us and none here. :rolleyes: So enjoy your big fluffy snow for me. I am longing for the day where it is deep enough that it comes up to Roscoe's belly. He's never seen snow like that. Isn't that sad?

If you hurry up here you can have some of ours! :thumbs up Gotta hurry though--we'll be 38 - 40 over the weekend and we'll lose a lot of it! :sad:

Frenchy
January 1st, 2008, 12:04 PM
if it snowed more than 5 inches at our departure airport, on January 1, 2008, we would be reimbursed for the cost of our trip!!!!!! I normally hate snow, but I am :pray: for lots and lots of snow in Montreal today :laughing:

We have about 2-3 cms now , by looking at my patio. But it doesn't seem like it will stop anytime soon , maybe we'll get 10 cms ? I don't know about inches though. It's really nice and fluffy right now , and I love that I don't have to drive anywhere :D

BusterBoo
January 1st, 2008, 12:47 PM
We have about 2-3 cms now , by looking at my patio. But it doesn't seem like it will stop anytime soon , maybe we'll get 10 cms ? I don't know about inches though. It's really nice and fluffy right now , and I love that I don't have to drive anywhere :D

Oh no!!! You HAVE to get more than 10 cm....I think 5 inches = 12.7 cm, so I sure hope Mtl gets dumped on!!! :sorry:

Frenchy
January 1st, 2008, 01:00 PM
:laughing: I don't mind the snow right now , as long as the roads are ok to go back to work on Thursday morning. So let's hope for 15 cms and you and me could split the money you'll get from the refund. :rolleyes: :D

BusterBoo
January 1st, 2008, 01:04 PM
hhhmmm..... let me think about that one! :laughing:

Byrd
January 1st, 2008, 01:20 PM
:lightbulb: NOTE TO SELF: Next year....stay home and rent a movie, have popcorn and enjoy the evening!!!

Happy New Years to all!!!

Ah, see, I do have the right idea. LOL

Actually, next year (if hubby's here :fingerscr) I would like to go to Niagara Falls. Never been for the new year's bash there, and I totally want to go somewhere where I can stay over instead of having to worry about driving.

Byrd
January 1st, 2008, 01:54 PM
:laughing: The morning after:

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/565/imgp5123uu5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Yeeessss, her head is on a pillow.... spoiled brat.

growler~GateKeeper
January 1st, 2008, 02:09 PM
:laughing: The morning after:

Yeeessss, her head is on a pillow.... spoiled brat.

but sooo cute :lovestruck:

did she let you sleep in?

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 02:09 PM
Looks like Willow knows how to par-tay! :dog:

:laughing:

Byrd
January 1st, 2008, 02:23 PM
Oh yeah, she always lets me sleep in. She likes to lay in bed and cuddle.

I'm a little worried now about the new duvet and cover (I just got the cover yesterday and put it on today) because she sleeps in bed with me. I did get a brown cover though.... I'm doing the whole place with brown accents (blue/brown livingroom, purple/brown bedroom) I figure the bedroom will have to be a little more masculine soon, but most of my stuff is purple so I'm sticking with the purple as the secondary colour rather than the primary (k, enough rambling). Anyway, Willow likes to play 'mouse under the blanket/pillow' and gets pretty violent with it. I may have to toss an old sheet on the bed at nights or something. :shrug:

BusterBoo
January 2nd, 2008, 08:12 AM
Well, it appears that you guys in Montreal got more than 5 inches of snow yesterday so........I will be getting a refund cheque for my trip to Mexico from the company I booked with! (of course, I don't get back the taxes, fees and surcharges)

:thumbs up

Frenchy
January 2nd, 2008, 09:45 AM
Congratulation ! But now you have to come here and help me shoveling it all :yell: (my back hurts just to think about it :frustrated:)

BusterBoo
January 2nd, 2008, 10:15 AM
Sorry Frenchy......but if you can wait until Sunday, we are expecting +5 and sunny, so all that white stuff should melt! :D

Frenchy
January 2nd, 2008, 10:30 AM
Sorry Frenchy......but if you can wait until Sunday, we are expecting +5 and sunny, so all that white stuff should melt! :D

I'm all for waiting , but the dogs need to get to the patio (I do let them out from another door but I have to stand in the unheated solarium for them to come back in , and they go out a gazillion times a day)

Byrd
January 2nd, 2008, 06:11 PM
Holy crap! We got about 5cm.

Frenchy
January 2nd, 2008, 06:16 PM
Holy crap! We got about 5cm.

:offtopic: :sorry: final results : (I didn't bother with the other side of the patio)

Byrd
January 2nd, 2008, 06:27 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

BusterBoo
January 2nd, 2008, 07:39 PM
Frenchy, I feel your pain! Buster has to wait until hubby shovels a path so he can do off the deck to do his business. Only 78 more days until spring!!!!! :D