Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hazel Run Shenanigans--We must not wrestle in the house!

hazelrunpack
December 31st, 2007, 02:43 PM
One day, the Hazel Run Mama came into the living room to see Esquire Brier and Amazing Grace giving each other "that look".

"You aren't allowed to wrestle in the house, you two," reminded the Hazel Run Mama.

Grace and Brier looked up.

"Of course, Mom," Amazing Grace whined. "We would never play hard in the house!"

The Hazel Run Mama snorted under her breath and went to sort some laundry.

Esquire Brier looked over at Amazing Grace. Amazing Grace looked back. Both of them looked down the hall to see if the Hazel Run Mama was in sight. She wasn't.

The tension mounted...

...until...

BusterBoo
December 31st, 2007, 02:51 PM
Too cute but............I am sure there is wrestling coming!

hazelrunpack
December 31st, 2007, 02:53 PM
...in an explosion of energy, Brier leaped up out of his dog nest and met Grace in mid-air! They whirled; they twirled; they danced in circles!

Finally, Brier maneuvered in for the pin...

("What's going on in there?" the Hazel Run Mama called from the other room.)

..."Arghhhhhh!" woofed Grace...

...as Brier rolled her on the floor.

("Are you two wrestling again?" asked the Hazel Run Mama as she came down the hall.)

"You're such a pest!" giggled Grace as she struggled to her feet.

"What are you two doing?" demanded the Hazel Run Mama standing over them with her hands on her hips.

"Oh, nothing," panted Brier with a mouth full of Grace.

"I want you two to settle!" said the Hazel Run Mama in the Voice That Must Not Be Ignored.

Ford Girl
December 31st, 2007, 03:02 PM
Great pics and story! I just love your dogs and their crazy ways!!! I want to come over for the afternoon....

hazelrunpack
December 31st, 2007, 03:02 PM
So Brier climbed back into his dog nest and Grace jumped up on the comfy chair.

"Brothers can be such pests," she sighed as she settled into the cushions.

"And they just don't seem to be able to remember that we must not wrestle in the house!"

The End :p

ancientgirl
December 31st, 2007, 03:03 PM
LOL, I love that caught in the act look.

Wonderful pictures, and great captions.

hazelrunpack
December 31st, 2007, 03:03 PM
I could use a break--anytime you wanna come over, just say the word! :laughing: I still don't have that laundry sorted! :o

hazelrunpack
December 31st, 2007, 03:06 PM
Enjoy!

I gotta run...hubby just got home and the Pack is going wild with joy! :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

Gotta go run interference!

(He found another percolator! Hazel can have coffee again!!!!!!!!!! Hurrah!)

wdawson
December 31st, 2007, 04:05 PM
great visual story hazel....now we need the other 6 added:laughing: , wrestlemania:laughing:.....:thumbs up

brandynva
December 31st, 2007, 04:21 PM
Those are great! I hadn't see pics of the new two yet, I don't think. They are adorable! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
December 31st, 2007, 04:34 PM
great visual story hazel....now we need the other 6 added:laughing: , wrestlemania:laughing:.....:thumbs up

:laughing: For sure that's not allowed in the house! :eek: They do that outside sometimes, though. Usually not when the camera is available. They have a tendency to get quiet and freeze into place when a camera comes out. :frustrated:

Those are great! I hadn't see pics of the new two yet, I don't think. They are adorable! :thumbs up

Yep, these are the newbies. :D They get along famously. :thumbs up

Smiley14
December 31st, 2007, 04:46 PM
OH, LOL, Hazel, I can't stop laughing! :laughing: LOVE the story! ;)

Frenchy
December 31st, 2007, 04:47 PM
:laughing: I love how you make them talk ! :laughing: Love the 2 first pictures , Gracie is sooo cute and tiny :cloud9: :lovestruck: I just want to hug her ! She has such expressions in her eyes , you can see right through her !

chico2
December 31st, 2007, 04:55 PM
Hazel,I love the goings in in the Hazel-house,great pics,great captions:thumbs up
To be continued I hope,it's not like you have anything else to do than take pics,right:laughing:

marko
December 31st, 2007, 04:58 PM
Wow that was FANTASTIC HRP! Great story and pics - well done! :highfive: :dog::dog::dog::dog::dog::dog::dog::dog::dog:

hazelrunpack
December 31st, 2007, 04:59 PM
OH, LOL, Hazel, I can't stop laughing! :laughing: LOVE the story! ;)

I have to admit, they are an entertaining bunch. But I may just be biassed. :D

:laughing: I love how you make them talk ! :laughing: Love the 2 first pictures , Gracie is sooo cute and tiny :cloud9: :lovestruck: I just want to hug her ! She has such expressions in her eyes , you can see right through her !

She gets away with a lot because she is so small. But I think the rest of the Pack is finally catching on to the fact that she's not a puppy, despite her size. She's beginning to learn caution and is pulling her punches a little more than she used to. :rolleyes: She still has loads of fun, though. :D

Frenchy
December 31st, 2007, 05:04 PM
I want to come over for the afternoon....

I would spend at least , a week , to have time to spend with each and every one of them (she does have 8 of them !!!) and then some time to actually chat with the owner :D , so yes , that would take about a week :D

hazelrunpack
December 31st, 2007, 05:06 PM
Hazel,I love the goings in in the Hazel-house,great pics,great captions:thumbs up
To be continued I hope,it's not like you have anything else to do than take pics,right:laughing:

It's more or less an ongoing thing. :laughing: I'm sure there will be more pictures in the future, but if you'll notice, it took me 10 minutes between posts--I kept losing my connection. :frustrated: If we ever got decent phone lines, the board would implode under the weight of all the Hazel Run pictures, so maybe it's better that my connection is bad. :o

Wow that was FANTASTIC HRP! Great story and pics - well done! :highfive:

Thanks, marko. Life is never dull at Hazel Run. :D

(And see how useful those extra smilies per post you gave us are? :laughing:)

hazelrunpack
December 31st, 2007, 05:09 PM
Oh, wow, Frenchy. hazel is so used to talking just to dogs that she probably won't be able to keep up her end of a conversation! :eek: :o

Frenchy
December 31st, 2007, 05:11 PM
Oh, wow, Frenchy. hazel is so used to talking just to dogs that she probably won't be able to keep up her end of a conversation! :eek: :o

Well, same here , I think we could actually understand eachother :laughing:

hazelrunpack
December 31st, 2007, 05:23 PM
:laughing: I can picture it now! Body posture, snorts, shnuffles, sighs, and yaps...message received without a word spoken! :laugh: :laughing: :crazy:

Frenchy
December 31st, 2007, 05:45 PM
:laughing: I promise , I won't try to hump you :laugh:

SARAH
December 31st, 2007, 05:51 PM
:laughing: I can picture it now! Body posture, snorts, shnuffles, sighs, and yaps...message received without a word spoken! :laugh: :laughing: :crazy:

Oh you two :laughing: :crazy: :laughing:

Great pics Hazel :thumbs up

Byrd
December 31st, 2007, 05:55 PM
:laughing: That is soooo cute!!!!

JanM
December 31st, 2007, 06:09 PM
A very entertaining story! Love the pics of your beauties too...

brandynva
December 31st, 2007, 07:22 PM

Or lick her in the mouth??? :eek: :crazy:

hazelrunpack
December 31st, 2007, 07:43 PM

:eek:

:laughing:

whew!

Thanks, Sarah, Byrd and Jan. :o

14+kitties
December 31st, 2007, 08:03 PM
Wonderful story line! Kept me riveted in my seat till the end!! :cloud9: And the graphics were amazing!! I rate it 5 out of 5.

hazelrunpack
December 31st, 2007, 11:49 PM
Wonderful story line! Kept me riveted in my seat till the end!! :cloud9: And the graphics were amazing!! I rate it 5 out of 5.

:laughing: Graphics! :laughing:

You don't know how amazing...it's hard to post pictures when I keep dropping the connection. :rolleyes:

But thanks for the rating, 14+kitties! :D

14+kitties
December 31st, 2007, 11:52 PM
You are quite welcome. Well deserved too. And yep, trying to post with dial up sucks! BTDT :rolleyes: We used to have that until wireless came along and that isn't a whole lot better.

breeze
December 31st, 2007, 11:53 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:no wrestling in the house :laughing::laughing:

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 12:06 AM
We used to have that until wireless came along and that isn't a whole lot better.

Oh, drat! I was considering it... :frustrated:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:no wrestling in the house :laughing::laughing:

They have a video, too, I think...I should go see and post the link maybe...

CyberKitten
January 1st, 2008, 12:06 AM
I love the brothers are such pests picture- it's priceless, lol :laughing:

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 12:13 AM
Thanks, CK! :D Brothers really are.... :D

I did find a video--but this is more what dubyaD was looking for--a mass wrestle fest...in the house...at least it is if I copied the link right when I uploaded it. Now that it's out there, I can't see it anymore! :laughing: Don't you just love dial-up, hazel! :highfive: Oh, ya, madame hazel, it's a riot! :frustrated:

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=530948

:D

14+kitties
January 1st, 2008, 12:19 AM
[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;522851]Oh, drat! I was considering it... :frustrated:

Oh darn, don't want to stop you from getting wireless. It is most definetely a step above dial up. A BIG step! I think ours is just not a great provider. If it goes down for some reason on the weekend it stays down until Monday. That's what happened yesterday. 4 PM - gone, no internet all night. I had to watch reruns on TV. The Horrors!!!
Word of caution though. If you decide to get it make sure you put a good password on it so wireless hackers can't "use" your signal. They can access it from a couple of miles away.

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 12:36 AM
:eek: reruns! http://foolstown.com/sm/obm.gif

That's really awful! :sad:

Thanks for the warning about the hackers. :thumbs up Actually, right now our biggest sticking point is that the wireless companies want Social Security Numbers so they can do a credit check and we won't supply them. :rolleyes: Hey, what can I say? :shrug: We're kinda paranoid. :p

growler~GateKeeper
January 1st, 2008, 12:44 AM
Great Story Again Hazel :thumbs up................:rolleyes: now where's that book publisher when we need them :frustrated: never where they're supposed to be :D

:eek: :laugh:

:eek: :laugh:

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 12:48 AM
Say, growler, didn't I have a video posted of Grace and Brier wrestling in the living room? I can't remember which one it is. :o I think I'm either misremembering or I forgot to copy the link for it when I uploaded it. :rolleyes:

hazel's memory isn't what it used to be....not that it was ever what it used to be! :eek: :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
January 1st, 2008, 12:51 AM
I go check that for you ;)

The one in this thread is all of them in the house :laughing: :D too funny - Duffy likes the growly sounds too - familiar / comfort Cally-like sounds :D

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 12:56 AM
I think I need Duffy here to keep the Pack in line! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
January 1st, 2008, 12:58 AM
Here's Grace & Brier wrestling in the house:

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?gid=656573&b=4&vid=1017412&p=

Here's Brier, Ridge & Cass having wrestling fun in the house:

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?gid=656573&b=1&vid=1017820&p=

And Macie & Ridge head wrestling:

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?ei=UTF-8&p=&gid=656573&vid=531087&b=37

growler~GateKeeper
January 1st, 2008, 01:01 AM
I think I need Duffy here to keep the Pack in line! :laughing:

:laughing: And she would too! Leg swatting everytime they pass by or come in the door :laughing: But lots of smoochie mushes too :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 01:06 AM
Thanks for posting the links, Growler! :thumbs up

It's sort of embarrassing not being able to see them once I upload them. :o Sort of like looking for a pair of black socks in the laundry bag at night with the lights out... :p

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 01:07 AM
:laughing: And she would too! Leg swatting everytime they pass by or come in the door :laughing: But lots of smoochie mushes too :cloud9:

One swat, and my wusses would be hiding under the table! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
January 1st, 2008, 01:08 AM
ahh but you've got live action 24/7 :cloud9: :lovestruck: & there's always watching them on tv right? :laughing: that must make the pack go nuts w/barking on tv, barking in the house, barking @ themselves, barking @ each other :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
January 1st, 2008, 01:13 AM

One swat, and my wusses would be hiding under the table! :laughing:

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/lachen/laughing-smiley-015.gif She would swat (claws in of course) him when Cally would come in the door then he'd turn around & snuffle her head, she'd head butt him - was all good ;) The really funny thing is if I copy the snuffling sound anywhere near her head she swats @ me :mwaha: :laughing: was a Cally only thang I guess :shrug:

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 01:15 AM
When I play them on the TV, they recognize everyone else's bark, but not their own. So they go ballistic when they hear that 'strange dog' bark! :laughing: And everyone else looks at the one that's barking with that "Why are you barking at yourself?" look! :dog: so it's pretty much as you described! :laugh:

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 01:17 AM
Sounds like Cally and Duffy had a special bond. :lovestruck: Was it very hard on Duffy when Cally died? :sad:

growler~GateKeeper
January 1st, 2008, 01:27 AM
Sounds like Cally and Duffy had a special bond. :lovestruck: Was it very hard on Duffy when Cally died? :sad:

:sad: yeah it was her best bud gone, plus Mischief passed two years before Cally not that M & D were close but still together since kittens. The Homeopath & I think those 2 passing plus the move 1 year later, contributed to her HyperThyroidism (many cats who get it also have had a loss in their lives) :sad:

growler~GateKeeper
January 1st, 2008, 01:28 AM
When I play them on the TV, they recognize everyone else's bark, but not their own. So they go ballistic when they hear that 'strange dog' bark! :laughing: And everyone else looks at the one that's barking with that "Why are you barking at yourself?" look! :dog: so it's pretty much as you described! :laugh:

:laughing: what about when they look in the mirror? Do they recognise themselves? Many cats & dogs don't :laughing:

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 01:34 AM
It's amazing the bonds that animals form, isn't it? Humans and animals, too. :grouphug:

All our dogs have gone through a stage where they liked to admire themselves in the mirror. All except our first setter, Gauge. He looked in the mirror, saw me, saw himself...and was appalled that he was a Canine, not a Human. :laughing: He got over it, though. :D

growler~GateKeeper
January 1st, 2008, 01:39 AM
Have they ever licked the mirror? to kiss themselves? :D:D

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 01:45 AM
Well, that would be telling...:o...but let me say that the full-length mirrors have been known to have some nose smudgies on them! :laughing:

14+kitties
January 1st, 2008, 10:40 AM
:eek: reruns! http://foolstown.com/sm/obm.gif

Thanks for the warning about the hackers. :thumbs up Actually, right now our biggest sticking point is that the wireless companies want Social Security Numbers so they can do a credit check and we won't supply them. :rolleyes: Hey, what can I say? :shrug: We're kinda paranoid. :p

Not to be snoopy but why do they need a credit check? I guess things work differently in the States than here. And I don't blame you for not giving out your SS#. We don't give our SIN's out either except for work and gov't.
The way we are doing ours is to do the 3 year lease on the equipment and at that point we own it. After that it is just the monthly cost of internet.
And the hacker warning comes from someone who didn't know anything about that until her SonIL (IT analyst) fixed it for me. :o He, btw, is a transplanted American.

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 11:04 AM
That's the $64 million question--why do they need a credit check. Especially since you purchase most systems through either the power company or the phone company and they should have a record of whether or not you pay your bills on time. :shrug: But they all still want to do the credit check. pftuiiiiiii

Ah, well.

SARAH
January 1st, 2008, 11:56 AM
And every time someone does a credit check, your rating goes down! What the h:censored:? It shouldn't move until you get a new debt/loan IMO, how else are you supposed to shop around for the best deal at banks etc?

wdawson
January 1st, 2008, 12:05 PM
now thats what i'm talkin about hazel......thats wrestlemania setter style.....its even better viewed full screen:thumbs up

Frenchy
January 1st, 2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks, CK! :D Brothers really are.... :D

I did find a video--but this is more what dubyaD was looking for--a mass wrestle fest...in the house...at least it is if I copied the link right when I uploaded it. Now that it's out there, I can't see it anymore! :laughing: Don't you just love dial-up, hazel! :highfive: Oh, ya, madame hazel, it's a riot! :frustrated:

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=530948

I don't see them playing , I thought they were inspecting eachothers for lumps :shrug: :laughing:

Lukka'sma
January 1st, 2008, 12:17 PM
Those are great pictures and captions Hazel. The in-house antics must keep you on your toes all the time.

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 01:49 PM
now thats what i'm talkin about hazel......thats wrestlemania setter style.....its even better viewed full screen:thumbs up

I'll have to take your word on the full screen, dubyaD! :D It's pretty impressive in real life, too. :thumbs up

I don't see them playing , I thought they were inspecting eachothers for lumps :shrug: :laughing:

Creating them more like! :laughing:

Those are great pictures and captions Hazel. The in-house antics must keep you on your toes all the time.

Right now, believe it or not (and shhhhhhhh....don't make any loud noises!) they're asleep! :eek: They went out this morning but it was too cold--the wusses wanted in before I'd even finished topping off the feeders! :dog:

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 01:52 PM
And every time someone does a credit check, your rating goes down! What the h:censored:? It shouldn't move until you get a new debt/loan IMO, how else are you supposed to shop around for the best deal at banks etc?

I'm thinking that if I get really desperate, I'll ask for my annual free credit check, black out the ssn and see if they'll accept that :shrug: It might work...

brandynva
January 1st, 2008, 01:52 PM

Ha! That's funny. I know when Roscoe barks, he jumps everytime and looks around. I think he scares himself. :laughing:

brandynva
January 1st, 2008, 01:53 PM
Oooo, Hazel is in hiding today. :cool: hehe

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I'm still in stealth mode. :o I'm still losing the connection frequently... :frustrated: :o

Lukka'sma
January 1st, 2008, 02:14 PM
How different in personality are they all from each other Hazel? Do you have the instigator, the suck-up, the "let sleeping dogs lie" ......etc?

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 02:20 PM
They're all so different it's sometimes hard to believe they're all dogs. :D Cole is definitely in charge. Ember is more aloof and would rather watch everyone else play than get his paws dirty participating. Cass is our athlete--she's got the body and moves of a gymnast. Macie is a little waif. Lil Belle is the epitome of the tomboy. Ridge is the insecure, slightly grumpy teenager who plays too rough. Brier is testing everyone right now--trying to muscle his way up the Pack pecking order. :rolleyes: And Grace...well, she's just amazing. :D

:offtopic: I've been meaning to ask you: How is Lukka doing...still improving? :fingerscr

Nothing like thread jacking my own thread, eh? :laughing:

Lukka'sma
January 1st, 2008, 02:29 PM
Thanks for asking Hazel. Yes still improving / in remission. Full yawns now with no evidence of pain. Three more weeks of Pred before it is dwindled right off:fingerscr

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 02:35 PM
Thanks for asking Hazel. Yes still improving / in remission. Full yawns now with no evidence of pain. Three more weeks of Pred before it is dwindled right off:fingerscr

WooooHooooooo!

:highfive:

SARAH
January 1st, 2008, 03:05 PM
I second that, WooooHoooo ! :D

growler~GateKeeper
January 1st, 2008, 03:14 PM

Woohoo :goodvibes: :thumbs up

allymack
January 1st, 2008, 03:20 PM
i love all the captions and stories you put, they always match the pictures perfectly:thumbs up great pictures

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks, allymack. The dogs write up the script ahead of time, then we set up the poses, and they edit afterward... Very talented.... :dog:

:laughing: :rolleyes: Okay...so maybe it doesn't happen quite that way!

I just take a lot of pictures, so I have a fair amount that might actually turn out. I'm going broke though, with processing fees. Next step: a digital. Then the only thing saving you from Pack Inundation will be my slow connection! :laughing:

Frenchy
January 1st, 2008, 03:36 PM
Next step: a digital. Then the only thing saving you from Pack Inundation will be my slow connection! :laughing:

woohoo ! http://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/4.gif

luckypenny
January 1st, 2008, 03:42 PM
Love it, love it, love it! :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

I can't wait to show the Sandman when he gets in from playing in the snow :goodvibes: . He loves your stories, HRP as do we all.

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 03:46 PM
Actually, LP...I'm thinking about putting a Story Corner on the Pack's Home Page instead of the quiz. Then I'll just swap out short pictures stories like this one. It was something you and Sandman sort of suggested a while back... :o

I'm testin' some of the picture stories out on pets.ca first to see if they pass muster! :laughing:

luckypenny
January 1st, 2008, 03:51 PM
It was something you and Sandman sort of suggested a while back... :o

Actually, we want kids storybooks...hundreds of pages long to keep us entertained for hours at a time :D .

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 03:58 PM
Actually, we want kids storybooks...hundreds of pages long to keep us entertained for hours at a time :D .

I guess we're starting out small! :laughing: I'm renting only a finite space on the server. :D

luckypenny
January 1st, 2008, 04:03 PM
You could have it printed all out, bounded, and shipped to us :o . We like to read all cozied up in bed. Or we could rent you and the pack for storytelling hours :lightbulb: ! Live!

hazelrunpack
January 1st, 2008, 04:37 PM
You could have it printed all out, bounded, and shipped to us :o . We like to read all cozied up in bed. Or we could rent you and the pack for storytelling hours :lightbulb: ! Live!

You wouldn't be able to hear the story over the general barking and chaos! But then, the story would be going on all around, so you wouldn't necessarily have to hear over the din... :D

TeriM
January 2nd, 2008, 01:55 AM
Yeah! I get to start 2008 with new picks of the kids :lovestruck:. I love Grace's "innocent" act. Reminds me of when I used to frame my younger brother .... ahhhh, good times ;).

The video with all of them playing is also wonderful :cloud9:, I'm guessing you don't keep a lot of breakables around in your house :D.

bendyfoot
January 2nd, 2008, 10:42 AM
what absolutely WONDERFUL fun!!! We tried to have a "no wrestling in the house rule"....

it gets broken a lot:rolleyes:

rainbow
January 3rd, 2008, 02:36 AM
Another great picture story from HRP. :thumbs up And, the videos were a blast. :highfive:

Are you sending these to Zippy? :o

rainbow
January 3rd, 2008, 02:37 AM
And, since Hazel jacked her own thread.....WOOOO HOOO for Lukka :highfive:

hazelrunpack
January 3rd, 2008, 09:29 AM
hazel is a past master at jacking threads, so I only felt it was proper to do the same to her own! :D And it was for good cause! :thumbs up

Teri, :o we have no breakables left. :laughing: So it's no longer a problem!

Our 'no wrestling in the house' rule also takes it's share of beatings, bendyfoot. :D Generally, it's wrestled to the ground and trounced soundly :laughing: But sometimes they listen to me...after an hour or so of wrestling... :p

rainbow, that's a great idea but it's too big to send by email, so I'm trying to get a good enough connection to post it on the web and send her the link...not much luck so far... :sad: I may have to split it up into a couple of messages and email it that way!