Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New kitty for Christmas!!!!!!!

I_love_mischa
December 31st, 2007, 02:23 PM
I just got a new cat for christmas! Her name is Trixie and she's 7 months old! I already had Mischa, he's 11 months old. When I first brought her home Mischa didn't even notice...but when he finally saw her he hissed right away. She ran around my house smelling everything and he just followed her every where she went. She was in a shelter so she was very used to other cats...but Mischa is not at ALL! He was very interested in her and it was sooo cute because she could care less! They kind of kept there distance for the first couple of days. The second day Mischa would not have anything to do with me or my boyfriend. He threw up twice and he meowed when we pet him, telling us to stop. I was sooooooo worried! But the very next day he was very much himself again and they love eachother to death now!!! It took about 3-4 days for them to really play together! It's only been about 8 days now since I've had her and I cannot explain the amount of happiness it brings me when I see them play! They are so so so cute together..I'm just so happy because I thought Mischa was so bored and lonely with only playing with me. But now he has a little sister to play with and I couldn't be any happier!

What's really odd tho is the difference between the way they were raised! Mischa is so used to my attention that he gets tired of it...but Trixie will run circles around my entire body meowing and purring just craving attention. But then if you just go and try to pet her or kiss her...she pulls away. It's amazing the difference it makes when you raise your own cat compared to getting a different one. Mischa loves kisses and he's not shy at all to do anything. But she is still kind of iffy about them. We picked the perfect cat though..they have very identical personalities and thats exactly what we looked for!

I_love_mischa
December 31st, 2007, 02:28 PM
This is her:

ancientgirl
December 31st, 2007, 02:50 PM
Congratulations on the new kitty!

Introductions can be hard, believe me I know! But it sounds like they are getting along wonderfully.

It's great that you have found such a lovely friend for Mischa.

Kristin7
December 31st, 2007, 02:53 PM
Congrats on your new addition, both your cats are beautiful by the way!

Love4himies
December 31st, 2007, 03:29 PM
Your kitties are beautiful! Glad the hear they are getting along so well.

I_love_mischa
December 31st, 2007, 03:49 PM
:lovestruck:Thanks! When we were looking for a new cat we specifically searched for one who was very hyper and playful! We knew we couldn't get a kitten because Mischa would most likely hurt it! When we saw Trixie she was running from wall to wall chasing things around and playin with all her toys and we just knew she'd be perfect! I'm still waiting for them to cuddle and sleep together, but they play really well together! I don't think I could have picked a better personality than Trixie's though! Mischa loves having a friend to play with and I'm really glad we decided to get another one!:lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
December 31st, 2007, 03:54 PM
She's gorgeous, ILM! :lovestruck: And how nice that Mischa already loves his little sister. :cat: :cat:

I_love_mischa
December 31st, 2007, 04:51 PM
Here's some more of her! In one of them Mischa and Trixie were trying to help me wrap presents! lol :laughing:

ancientgirl
December 31st, 2007, 05:03 PM
Mischa looks so much like my Vlad. LOL, even the little barely hair above his eyes.:laughing:

I_love_mischa
December 31st, 2007, 05:10 PM
Awww really? Do you have any pics up of Vlad? He's walking around right now crying cuz Trixie won't wake up and play with him! :laughing::laughing:

ancientgirl
December 31st, 2007, 05:39 PM
This is my big boy.:lovestruck:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Vlad/012.jpg

SARAH
December 31st, 2007, 05:44 PM
Vlad is so ... regal is the only fitting word I can find.

Trixie is a cutie! Looks like a mix of my Misti and Spoutnik :D and of course, Mischa is really handsome too ;)

I_love_mischa
December 31st, 2007, 05:47 PM
Awwww he's adorable!!!:lovestruck: They do look just alike! Here is one of Mischa in his Jacket! He hated wearing it!! :laughing:

SARAH
December 31st, 2007, 05:54 PM
WOW, you could actually mistake the two!

ancientgirl
December 31st, 2007, 08:21 PM
Yeah, they've got the same face.

LOL, Mischa didn't like that jacket huh? Vlad didn't much like the Dracula cape I made for him. The best picture I got of him wearing it, is one of him waking up with it on, since I'd put it on him while he was asleep! :laughing:

You know, we all either have shelter cats, or in my case at least, cats we've gotten from our vets that were from stray moms.

I see so many people concerned with "pure breed" animals, yet our pets be they dogs or cats are all so beautiful!

If only more people realized what beautiful and loving pets they could find at their nearest shelter or even vets office.

14+kitties
December 31st, 2007, 08:32 PM
:lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck:
Beautiful!