Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A puppy got adopted today

CearaQC
December 31st, 2007, 02:16 PM
Well, 1 down and 7 more to go.

One of the pups got adopted today. A really nice couple from just across the river came to pick one out. They used to have a male Golden that died in October from heart problems. And after lots of questions, these people are responsible pet owners and have even taken in stray kitties that were dumped near their home. I feel confident they will treat him well. Turns out they also knew hubby's dad.

They chose one of the cream colored pups, the first born. His name will be Max.

They agreed to have visits and doggie play dates, so I look forward to that and will continue to check up on him as time passes. They promised pictures too and have a digital camera.

Didn't think I would be sad but I was. But I'll be ok. It's one less poop/pee machine to pick up after. :laughing:

Stacer
December 31st, 2007, 02:20 PM
Congratulations!! They won't be hard to find homes for!
Did they take him right away, or they just claimed one to pick up later?

I wish I could take one, they're so sweet.

Ford Girl
December 31st, 2007, 02:32 PM
Oh, so happy for you and the poochies!!! I remember when we took Dazy home, the lady cried when we were leaving, we had beent o visit a few times, so when the day came we walked in and picked her up from the pen and walked out, it was tough on all of us....and the female german sheppard they owned, who wasn't Dazy's mom was pretty upset with us, she had been helping Dazy's mom the entire time. She slept and cried all the way home, on my sholders and neck, for 2 hours, she was so tiny! (and well behaved! :rolleyes: )

Keep us posted and updated!! :cloud9:

JanM
December 31st, 2007, 02:36 PM
That's wonderful that the puppy went to a good home! I can imagine how sad you must feel - because my first thought was - oh no - not the one I wanted! :D even though I know it's impossible for me to get one :wall:

hazelrunpack
December 31st, 2007, 05:20 PM
Congratulations, Ceara! :thumbs up It's bitter sweet--but what a great thing for Max to have a forever home! :grouphug:

jiorji
December 31st, 2007, 05:27 PM
*holds breath* was it the chubs one??:yell:

yay for adopted puppy :cloud9: I'm sure he/she's already getting spoiled:lovestruck:

SARAH
December 31st, 2007, 05:33 PM
Good for Max :highfive: a new home! Did they keep the kitties they rescued? In that case he'll have a playmate too, won't be so lonely.

Happy New Year Ceara, and may all the puppies find great homes!

CearaQC
December 31st, 2007, 05:34 PM
They sent me an email a few minutes ago.

Said they made it home safely (it was snowing today) and that Max had some food/water, went outside for a successful poop/pee and was taking a nap.

Frenchy
December 31st, 2007, 05:35 PM
woohoo congratulations ! Hope he gets spoil at his forever home ! :thumbs up

Byrd
December 31st, 2007, 05:52 PM
Is it that time already? Wow, time sure does fly!!!

Congrats Max!!! :thumbs up

Rottielover
December 31st, 2007, 06:40 PM
That is amazing news. I am so happy to hear it :)

SARAH
December 31st, 2007, 07:46 PM
You did tell them to sing in here and post pics :eek::D!!??

14+kitties
December 31st, 2007, 08:18 PM
WTG Max!!!:highfive:
And good going for you CearaQC for doing such a wonderful job with them. :angel:

onster
December 31st, 2007, 08:22 PM
Yay Max!!!

I second that good going ceara:thumbs up

why is there only 7 to go..i know you said you were probably going to keep one..are u keeping two now? Or I am really losing it and there were 9 puppies?

CearaQC
December 31st, 2007, 08:30 PM
10 pups total. Hubby wants to keep 2.

Oh crap I totally forgot to tell them about this forum! arrrgh...

Sister-in-law knows these people too and she was over in our part of the house and practically taking control over all the conversations, talking in loud volume, interrupting me when I was trying to talk about important stuff about how often the puppy eats and what he likes and his schedule. I was thinking "shut the f:censored: up woman I'm trying to talk here." :laughing: She makes me so mad pretending to know more than she does, when in fact she's the most dense silly person I ever met. She also comes over when the pups are sleeping and I just got them to lay down and wakes them up. Then I have to spend 2 hours getting them to calm down after she hyped them up. Like she has a 6th sense on the best times to royally tick me off. :laughing:

The couple saw the video I made of the Puppy Circus and took note of the toys they saw in the video and went out and bought the exact same toys. :laughing:

They are into feeding natural and all that stuff too. They knew more than I expected and I was impressed.

Frenchy
December 31st, 2007, 08:37 PM
They knew more than I expected and I was impressed.

That's a relief !!! Maybe they have friends who could adopt some of the pups ? :fingerscr

14+kitties
December 31st, 2007, 08:37 PM
You said they emailed you to let you know how Max was doing when they got home. Just reply to their email and tell them all about all of us :crazy:ies on here. :)

onster
December 31st, 2007, 08:43 PM
:highfive:They sound great

Do u know which two puppies you are going to keep? Hardest decision ever!

I wish I could have one but Ive learnt from the forums that I'm not qutie ready for the commitment of a dog...maybe someday :goodvibes:

CearaQC
December 31st, 2007, 08:44 PM
I know someone going to a big party tonite and she will mill around and see if anyone is interested. Said she would advertise for me. lol We had a nice long pleasant chat on the phone a little while ago. A great lady.

If no luck, she knows some people that have vans to pick up/deliver stuff between here and Montreal a few times a month and will ask them to see if they will transport the pups straight to Rosie's. That sounds like the best deal so I'm :fingerscr. Will know more day after tomorrow.

Winston
December 31st, 2007, 08:54 PM
Oh! I wish I didnt live so far away! I would love to help transport the pups or a pup! It would be something small I could do to help!

Cindy

Frenchy
December 31st, 2007, 08:56 PM
Oh! I wish I didnt live so far away! I would love to help transport the pups or a pup! It would be something small I could do to help!

Cindy

Cindy ? You know you would actually have to give the pup back once you get to Quebec :laughing:

Rottielover
December 31st, 2007, 09:02 PM
I have done transport before, I drove 6 hours there 6 hours back, all in one day for a foster with frenchy. Tiring but can be done.....I have only 1 vari kennel that would hold one pup. LOL, do not have other vari kennels, or it can fit in my station wagon. Talk to Pat when you get a chance, Have her get Ann to Call me. Something I am sure can be arranged.
Oh ya, did I say I have an Ex with a soft spot for pups thanks to me. I can possibly talk to him about sharing the drive, he loves road trips, drives to NS all the time.
Just would have to figure gas and kennels. LOL

CearaQC
December 31st, 2007, 09:06 PM
Yes Onster... after lots of thinking and discussing, we decided on two of the sweetest pups and picked them for their personality and temperament and not looks. One is "mine" and one is "his." :laughing:

I'm not the most experienced dog person either and was always just a cat person before. But I wanted a pet that could do more besides purr. It was getting no fun to go on long walks alone. I love my kitty very much but it's just not the same as a dog.

We want to train all 3 dogs to have field hunting skills.

Winston
December 31st, 2007, 09:07 PM
Oh Frenchy I could! Just helping would be enough for me right now! BUT once I move to a bigger house I plan on fostering so hopefully I can help further one day! My home is just far too small to add another...after all having Winston in here is like having a third person! and the 2 cats..

Cindy

CearaQC
December 31st, 2007, 09:15 PM
Personally I wouldn't hesitate driving 5 hours each way if I had the right kind of vehicle and another human to keep me company. Hubby doesn't want to go. He's being Mr Stubborn. He's a Gemini... one day he said he would go with me if we got a van and the next day he said no.

But the guys with the vans might work. Otherwise Pat's idea for Wed/Thurs this week seems too fast to make decent plans. :shrug: I should call her again before it gets too late.

Rottielover
December 31st, 2007, 09:24 PM
well keep me posted :)