Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from 2 survivors

2survivors
December 31st, 2007, 07:38 AM
Good morning---this is not my first post but since I am brand new I wanted to introduce myself. I am from the US-in the small state of RI. I recently wrote in my profile that I have two 2 year old goldens, Harry (currently fighting and winning a sarcoma grade III) and his littermate sister Lucy. I also wrote of Smudge, my 14 yr old calico who after 9 months has survived her poisoning and acute renal failure from eating her food. My older cat Jessica was also sickened with acute renal failure and I am sad to say lost her battle on Dec 26th. She was not as sick as Smudge was, her creatine was not as high, but recent health changes required her to be on a medicine that unfortunately sent her kidneys back into failure. It is very hard to say goodbye after spending this past year trying my best to keep three out of four of my furkids alive! I do not want to change my screen name for I do still have 2 survivors---Jessica fought long and hard to enjoy her summer so I will always consider her a survivor!

Lukka'sma
December 31st, 2007, 09:06 AM
Welcome to the forum 2survivors.
So sorry for your loss of poor Jessica:rip:.
Smudge and Jessica must have had a terrible year trying to battle back from their ailment. I hope Harry will continue to fight and stay in remission from the sarcoma. Also my best wishes for Smudge to have many more years with you:)
Some pictures of the three, Lucy, Harry and Smudge would be a welcome sight:D

JanM
December 31st, 2007, 09:22 AM
Welcome to the Board - I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties with your fur family and I do hope all goes well for all of you!

I also have two Goldens - wonderful companions! Pictures of yours would be a good thing :D

Ford Girl
December 31st, 2007, 10:48 AM
Hi there, and welcome to the board! Pictures please!!! Pretty pretty please! :cloud9:

I too have a golden!!! Great dogs! :lovestruck:

want4rain
December 31st, 2007, 01:56 PM
:candle: rest in peace little Jessica.

welcome to Pets.ca!! i suppose you are interested in food huh?? :) we have loads of homemade feeders and probably as many raw feeders.

-ashley

hazelrunpack
December 31st, 2007, 03:53 PM
Welcome to the board, 2survivors.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Jessica :grouphug: Your signon name commemorates her battle and her spirit! There is a forum here for memorializing pets that have passed on, if you feel like posting a tribute to her.

:fingerscr and :pray:s that Harry continues winning his battle!

I'm glad you found us. We will, of course, continue to demand pictures of your furbabies until you post some. It's just what we do. :o We'd love to see pictures of the lovely Jessica, too, when you feel ready. :grouphug:

:candle: Jessica

14+kitties
December 31st, 2007, 07:59 PM
:grouphug: :cry: :candle:

SARAH
December 31st, 2007, 08:03 PM
:rip: Jessica, brave little :cat:

:thumbs up to Smudge for making it!

:fingerscr for Harry!

And Lucy? :angel2: :dog: :D

And yes, PICTURES are a MUST and a half! At least!

StumpsMom
December 31st, 2007, 08:16 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss :cry: Welcome to the boards :)

2survivors
January 1st, 2008, 08:15 AM
I will post pix---but need some help from my kids (the one with hands)! My pix so far is Harry and Lucy at 9 weeks. I will post the whole gang in the next couple days! :thumbs up

SARAH
January 1st, 2008, 08:18 AM
Nice, looking forward to that! I've only recently figured out the whole pictures thing myself, with no kids at home it's not easy! Lucky hubby knows what to do with computers :D

argo2001
January 1st, 2008, 08:22 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose something that we all value so much
I hope the new year finds you peace

I have a golden and my sister's golden lives with me too.