Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sleepy time - lotsa pics

CearaQC
December 30th, 2007, 10:06 PM
This was yesterday's afternoon nap after playing in the snow.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0023.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0021-1.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0013-6.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0016-2.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0010-5.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0008-8.jpg

And a couple of awake shots. This is the black female that I thought was blind. She has great eyesight now! Likes to attack pant legs, socks and feet.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0017-1.jpg

Look at that adorable face. She was wanting to sleep but I kept trying to get a face picture.:laughing: She has tiny bits of pink on her nose, and her paw pads are mixture of black and pink.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0026-2.jpg

Rottielover
December 30th, 2007, 10:07 PM
My god, if you need a foster home, I will take the long haired mixed color one :)... I come home at lunch :), and he or she would have playmates.
So adorable all of them

Frenchy
December 30th, 2007, 10:11 PM
OMG the cuteness is killing me :yell: I love the ones where they're sleeping all in a row :cloud9: and my fav is the dark one in the first pic :lovestruck: is this one a female ?

SARAH
December 30th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Yes, that one is my favourite too, love the coloring.

Pic nr 2, that sleeping face with a paw on each side ... soo cute :lovestruck: and the piles of puppies :cloud9:

more pics, please, PLEASE :pray: :pray: :pray: :D

Rottielover
December 30th, 2007, 10:12 PM
ha ha ha, that was the one I want to foster, LOL

CearaQC
December 30th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Dark one in the first pic is a brindle, and yes a female. The black one that's awake is a female, and the cutie pie at the bottom. The rest are rowdy boys!:laughing:

SARAH
December 30th, 2007, 10:14 PM
There's just something about a brindle coat (eh Nellie ;) ?)

Rottielover
December 30th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Great, she is a female, Harley will like her even more...Anytime...I have had puppies before :)

SARAH
December 30th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Hmm, Harley, Tigger, Mickey, the Brindle Miss ... full house with Kayla!! :thumbs up

Frenchy
December 30th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Yes, that one is my favourite too, love the coloring.

ha ha ha, that was the one I want to foster, LOL

Too late sisters :evil: I was first to say she is my fav :mwaha:

Just kidding , my house is full as it is. But she is adorable , they all are ! :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
December 30th, 2007, 10:18 PM
They're all so cute! :lovestruck: Absolutely adorable puppies! :lovestruck: You must be in cuteness overload... :lovestruck:

Belle getting tired of them yet? :dog: Or is she still the proud mom? :D

SARAH
December 30th, 2007, 10:20 PM
They're all so cute! :lovestruck: Absolutely adorable puppies! :lovestruck: You must be in cuteness overload... :lovestruck:

Belle getting tired of them yet? :dog: Or is she still the proud mom? :D

Cuteness overload ... and poop overload I'll bet :laughing: :sorry:

onster
December 30th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Wow! theyve grown so much! How old are they now?. I seriously don't know how you could possible do anything other than cuddle with them..and take pics of them...and then cuddle some more!

I really wonder who the daddy was ...hmmmm

Frenchy
December 30th, 2007, 10:25 PM
I really wonder who the daddy was ...hmmmm

I was thinking a lab but it wouldn't explain the brindle one ... so the father has to be a mix. But a mix of what ? :confused: because the pups really looks like golden/lab , shape wise I mean.

growler~GateKeeper
December 30th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Love the row of sleeping pups :cloud9:......they always sleep like that?

Pic nr 2, that sleeping face with a paw on each side ... soo cute :lovestruck: and the piles of puppies :cloud9:

http://bestsmileys.com/signs1/17.gif OMG way too adorable :lovestruck:

happycats
December 30th, 2007, 10:38 PM
OMG they are so freakin cute!!!! I LOVE the brown ones. (Bently and Barkly) that's what they look like anyway:o

they are all so beautiful, your doing an amazing job!

CearaQC
December 30th, 2007, 10:43 PM
They will turn 7 weeks on Wednesday.

Belle gets annoyed with them a lot actually, that's why she's on the couch. She mouths them on the head if they try to suckle. Sometimes she literally pulls them away from her body before they get a chance to latch on. She doesn't have any milk left, not sure why they even continue to try. :shrug: Hubby says it's like a pacifier for a baby, a comfort thing. Now she will growl at them if they get too close to her food and they retreat fast after a growl. No idea why she just won't growl for the nursing bit... seems more efficient than nipping at them. :shrug:

When she finally gets them to stop bothering her, she will go grab toys and taunt the puppies with the toy. If the pups take the toy, she goes to claim it back and starts over with the taunting.

I think she could care less if the pups left. :laughing:

Honestly I'm so tired and can understand Belle's frustration. I have purple under my eyes. :laughing: I try to house train, but it's just about impossible. Yes they are poop and pee machines. :laughing::crazy:

No one really knows who the daddy was. I wasn't the owner when she got pregnant. Some say it was a black lab that lived nearby her old home. But that doesn't answer for those two brown w/ black faces who have totally different fur than the others. They definitely have the lab/retriever face shape, but the fur makes them look like little lions and they seem to be a bit bigger than the rest.

One of the cream guys has the longest eyelashes I've ever seen on a puppy. He also bounds around bunny style. The black male is a total clown but sooo sweet. The runt will look just like his mom, but is Mr. Independent and plays alone, but is really keen on biting pant legs and attacking the mop. The rest of the cream guys are really laid back, easy going puppies. They will stay calmly in your arms for a long time, unless there's food around then they wiggle. Most of the pups are comfortable being on their back and are pretty submissive. They will all be very intelligent and loving adult dogs.

SARAH
December 30th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Miss Brindle looks like a Brandy to me ... or Caramelle!

Rottielover
December 30th, 2007, 10:47 PM
What about the brindle girly, how is her personality so far ?

growler~GateKeeper
December 30th, 2007, 10:49 PM
The rest of the cream guys are really laid back, easy going puppies. They will stay calmly in your arms for a long time, unless there's food around then they wiggle. Most of the pups are comfortable being on their back and are pretty submissive. They will all be very intelligent and loving adult dogs.

hmmmmm.........careers as seeing eye etc service dogs perhaps?? :goodvibes:

happycats
December 30th, 2007, 10:51 PM
I still think the brown ones (Bently and Barkly or Baily) :) look like they have GSD in them, maybe there were 2 fathers, or maybe the black lab dad had GSD in him :shrug: They are all beautiful! every colour from one mother, so cute!

CearaQC
December 30th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Ms Brindle is a medium level energy. Not too hyper and not sluggish either. She's a thinker, an observer or explorer. When the rest of the pups are busy biting each others ears, she is checking out everything. But when the mood hits her, she will bound into action in typical puppy fashion. She can be cuddly, but there's no guarantee of that! :laughing:

The first time they experienced turkey necks, she was the first one to haul it away from the others to eat in peace. She's pretty smart.

Rottielover
December 30th, 2007, 10:54 PM
I think that is amazing. She would excel in OB then....YEAH......
Sounds like a good match for a foster. I will have to talk to those in charge :)

Frenchy
December 30th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Sounds like a good match for a foster. I will have to talk to those in charge :)

You should call Anne asap then :D

Rottielover
December 30th, 2007, 10:57 PM
I am calling tomorrow morning :), tell her to call me ASAP.
Hoping she gets the message.
I used to have her cell number, but lost it, so hoping she will be quick in returning my call :)

Frenchy
December 30th, 2007, 11:01 PM
I am calling tomorrow morning :), tell her to call me ASAP.
Hoping she gets the message.
I used to have her cell number, but lost it, so hoping she will be quick in returning my call :)

:laughing: You still have time , we still have to get the pups here. :laughing:

Rottielover
December 30th, 2007, 11:04 PM
yes, but foster homes may come in quick. :), I want her to foster, she sounds like the perfect fit personality wise. :)

Frenchy
December 30th, 2007, 11:06 PM
You want to foster her for real ? :laughing: :thumbs up I'm sure it will be very welcome ! There's enough pups for everyone !

CearaQC
December 30th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Yeah Ms Brindle is a very special girl, both because of her colouring and her temperament. We almost decided to keep her, but the connection wasn't there for us. She just hasn't met her match yet. ;)

Frenchy
December 30th, 2007, 11:08 PM
CearaQC , I hope we're not making you sad talking about this. :sad:

Rottielover
December 30th, 2007, 11:09 PM
I miss fostering. And I am now in a place where I can do it again. Old enough kids and dogs. Plus I can come home, which makes everything easier. I just hope Ann would be cool with it.
I will let her know that I spoke to Kara, and take from there. By the way, what food are they on?

happycats
December 30th, 2007, 11:13 PM
I would LOVE to foster, but i think I would be a failure:sad:

Rottielover
December 30th, 2007, 11:16 PM
One good thing about if foster, there will be loads of pictures. LOL

CearaQC
December 30th, 2007, 11:19 PM
CearaQC , I hope we're not making you sad talking about this. :sad:

Hell no!

:laughing:

I'm going to look forward being able to sleep in my own bed again. I gotta be practical. As much as I love these fuzzbutts, it's just impossible to take care of everything for them, plus the house, laundry, cooking, cleaning.

Told hubby I may have an anxiety attack one of these days. Got some emergency adult beverages on hand just in case though. :laughing:

Rottie... they are not on the best food. I'm giving them the best I can, which is some raw meat mixed with yucky puppy chow which I'm utterly ashamed to admit. :sad: They don't get meat every day, just when we are able to go to the stores and see whether or not they ordered the stuff we asked. Orijen or any other grain-free food isn't sold around here, and I have to get verbal with the guys in charge at the grocery stores to get me more items like the poultry necks and liver.

TeriM
December 31st, 2007, 12:47 AM
I just love those pics of them all sleeping in a row :cloud9:.

Rottielover
December 31st, 2007, 08:00 AM
That is ok about the food. When I get the pup, or if, I will find out from Ann what I can put her on.
They are vouchered by Nutro. Not the best food, but the only one Harley is semi doing ok on. You do what you can, and with what you can...Not all dogs can handle holistic. Harley is proof, 7 different ones, and all horrible.

Winston
December 31st, 2007, 08:11 AM
Hey Rottielover how would Harley do with a pup? He is what 3 yrs?

Cindy

Rottielover
December 31st, 2007, 08:21 AM
Harley loves puppies, he still thinks he is one. The puppy would be crated and him out when I am not home. The cats will freak abit, but would adjust.

chico2
December 31st, 2007, 08:50 AM
OMG,OMG,what can I say :confused:just too darn cute for words:lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck:

rainbow
January 3rd, 2008, 02:44 AM
Absolutely adorable. :lovestruck: You will have lots of great memories from these pics. :cloud9: