Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lots of pictures, starting with Czarina

ancientgirl
December 30th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Okay, I managed to get some nice shots of her. She won't come out of her little pyramid bed, but that's okay, she needs to feel comfortable.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Czarina/032.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Czarina/033.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Czarina/034.jpg

ancientgirl
December 30th, 2007, 12:29 PM
This is Oksana watching Czarina.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Oksana/028.jpg

I took this one of Kiska the other day. She looks all the sweet little thing she is.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Kiska/008-1.jpg

ancientgirl
December 30th, 2007, 12:31 PM
It amuses me to no end to take pictures of Maks. I never know what the look on his face will be next, but it always brings a smile to my face.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Maks/002.jpg

And here is my big boy. He's all stately, because he knows just what a handsome stud he is.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Vlad/015.jpg

LOL, I couldn't resist this one. Maybe I should have named him fang.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Vlad/006.jpg

14+kitties
December 30th, 2007, 01:02 PM
She is a beauty fur sure, fur sure!!
I think she is going to get curious very soon and come out to see what's going on. Until then it's good she can see without being seen. ;)
And of course the rest of your kids are irresisssssstable as well. :thumbs up

Frenchy
December 30th, 2007, 01:03 PM
I'm in love with Czarina :lovestruck: I just love her colors :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
December 30th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks!

I'm going to keep her out in the open here while I'm home. I have to go to the grocery store later, so I'll put her behind the screen when I do.

I'll do the same whenever I'm home. At least she won't feel so enclosed and it gives them all an easier way to have a look at each other.

ancientgirl
December 30th, 2007, 01:06 PM
I'm in love with Czarina :lovestruck: I just love her colors :lovestruck:

She really does have lots of beautiful colors, especially the patterns on her face.

And she totally matches her new favorite bed.:laughing:

SARAH
December 30th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Nice coloring on Czarina! And Kiska is so cute :lovestruck: and Maks, I love an orange cat! The other two ... they're just so sweet, elegant, handsome ... lovely bunch of roses (oops, cats :rolleyes: :laughing: )

ancientgirl
December 30th, 2007, 02:33 PM
She does have a lovely pattern. The other's well, they're an endless source of joy and pride for me.:cloud9:

rainbow
December 30th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Czarina is a beauty :lovestruck: and definitely suits her name. :thumbs up

And, I just love that pic of Maks .....it needs to be framed. :cloud9:

ancientgirl
December 30th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Czarina is a beauty :lovestruck: and definitely suits her name. :thumbs up

And, I just love that pic of Maks .....it needs to be framed. :cloud9:

LOL, he looks like he's saying "Again with the camera?"

Hopefully she'll get used to it. I keep calling her that just so she knows that's her name.

SARAH
December 30th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Just a silly question, but how come your cats all have Slave-oriented names? I mean, Oksana is pretty Russian, Czarina for sure, Vlad has me thinking of a certain dark character, Maks ... well, that's more international apart from the spelling maybe, and Kiska I have no idea :D or is it indescreet to ask? :sorry:

ancientgirl
December 30th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Just a silly question, but how come your cats all have Slave-oriented names? I mean, Oksana is pretty Russian, Czarina for sure, Vlad has me thinking of a certain dark character, Maks ... well, that's more international apart from the spelling maybe, and Kiska I have no idea :D or is it indescreet to ask? :sorry:

Well, your guess about that dark character is correct. I have several interests, which some people might say borders on obsession. Vlad was named because 1. I love the name Vladimir, which is his full name, and I've always been fascinated by Vlad Dracul. (BTW, he almost was Osiris, to which of course Oksana would have been Bastet.) I've always loved the name Oksana, and it also happened to be a Russian name, so I went with that. When Kiska and Maks came along, I figured, since they weren't all directly related, naming them within the same cultural names would make at least me feel like they were all brother's and sisters.

Kiska is the name I almost gave Oksana, and Maks, is short for Maksimilian in Russian, which is a name I've also always loved.

Czarina, just came to me when I saw her. I thought she looked like a little queen, and a kitty who deserved to be given a pampered life.

So really, that's the story. They all have full names.

Vladimir Rasputin
Oksana Tatiana
Maksimilian Nicolai
Kiska Anastasia
Czarina Odessa

:D

Can you imagine if I had kids?

SARAH
December 30th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Vladimir Rasputin? Was that his firstname? I dont' think I ever heard anything other than Rasputin :D A dark enough character although it was the Count I had thought of first.

My dad had a cat he named Bastet, very fitting for a cat of course. The trouble was, that Bastet is very close phonetically to Pastis (in French) and Pastis is widely drunk in the summer in France, so noble Bastet ende up being Pastis :laughing:

I've used jewels/ gem stones such as Saphir, Topaz, Bijoux (that was a guinea-pig though, not a cat); stars like Sirius ... but I guess dad is the most original, between his black-and-white Whisky cats and Pastis :laughing: all alcohol.

ancientgirl
December 30th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Vladimir Rasputin? Was that his firstname? I dont' think I ever heard anything other than Rasputin :D A dark enough character although it was the Count I had thought of first.

No, Rasputin was just the "Mad Monk" that I guess indirectly became one of the causes for the death of the Romanov family. Anyway, I like the sound of the name.

Vlad is the first name of Vlad Dracul, also known as Vlad the Impaler.

LOL, my sweet Vlad sometimes lives up to his name, the impaler part that is. We should start a scratch thread.

breeze
December 30th, 2007, 04:54 PM
I love the one of Kiska upside down that one is pricless..

chico2
December 30th, 2007, 04:58 PM
See I would spell Maks with an X,Max, and Maximillian.
Those pics are great,they are All beautiful and very lucky kitties,Czarina will realize that soon too.

Sarah,hubby loves Pastis,but cannot get it here,instead he drinks Pernod,but even that we can buy only in one lliquor-store.:offtopic::sorry:

ancientgirl
December 30th, 2007, 04:58 PM
That's one of my favorites. That picture really captures her so well. Sweet little Tiny Miss.

ancientgirl
December 30th, 2007, 05:01 PM
See I would spell Maks with an X,Max, and Maximillian.
Those pics are great,they are All beautiful and very lucky kitties,Czarina will realize that soon too.

Sarah,hubby loves Pastis,but cannot get it here,instead he drinks Pernod,but even that we can buy only in one lliquor-store.:offtopic::sorry:

I almost spelled it with the X, but when I looked on a site for Russian baby names, I saw it spelled with the K, and I thought it was so nice and unique, just like him.:lovestruck:

Lukka'sma
December 30th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Those are all great pictures but my fav is the one of Kiska:lovestruck::lovestruck:

krdahmer
December 30th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Aw all of them are just so cute!!!

I have one exactly like the pyramid, I used it for one of the ferals I had, made her feel a bit safer too.

JanM
December 30th, 2007, 05:47 PM
It isn't hard to see why you fell in love with all of them! But the colours on Czarina - she is beautiful! Love Maks too - there's something about orange kitties that warms my heart - and his face would warm anyone's heart :D
You do have a beautiful fur family!

ancientgirl
December 30th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm so glad you enjoyed the pictures.

There was something about Czarina, that just captured me. I knew I wanted to have her in my kitty family.

She's been in that pyramid since I found her in it this morning. She hasn't even gone to the bathroom today. I just cleaned her box, since Kiska got in there and found very little.

These last few days have been just a lot for her. Hopefully as the days pass she will become used to it all and realize nobody here is going to hurt her. when I go to bed I'll put her in behind the screen. Hopefully during the night she'll eat and use the litter.

SARAH
December 30th, 2007, 07:05 PM

Pretty much the same taste :) you can use Berger Blanc as well if it's available here (not sure), it just goes from clear to white instead of gold to yellow :)

Re Vlad, the Impaler is pretty famous - or infamous if you prefer. I'm sure the mad Rasputin must have had a firstname :frustrated: I see googling in my future ... :cool: Funny thing, we were listening to Boney-M's Rasputin in the car the other day, and I thought that in fact, what I know about the guy is little more than what the song says.

I agree with you, indirectly he was a cause of the Romanov fall. If she hadn't spent so much time/ money on this charlatan in order to find a cure for her son's ill - incidentally, the entire royal family (ies) of Europe has that strain, it came from Queen Victoria, and since her children were married into virtually every royal family in Europe at the time ...

really :offtopic: :sorry:

SARAH
December 30th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin, (or Grigori Yefimovich Novy) (Григо́рий Ефи́мович Распу́тин / Григорий Ефимович Новый) (January 22 [O.S. January 10] 1869 December 29 [O.S. December 16] 1916) was a Russian mystic who is perceived as having influenced the later days of the Russian Tsar Nicholas II, his wife the Tsaritsa Alexandra, and their only son the Tsarevich Alexei. Rasputin had often been called the "Mad Monk"[1], while others considered him a "strannik" (or religious pilgrim) and even a starets (ста́рец, "elder", a title usually reserved for monk-confessors), believing him to be a psychic and faith healer.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grigori_Rasputin

ancientgirl
December 30th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Pretty much the same taste :) you can use Berger Blanc as well if it's available here (not sure), it just goes from clear to white instead of gold to yellow :)

Re Vlad, the Impaler is pretty famous - or infamous if you prefer. I'm sure the mad Rasputin must have had a firstname :frustrated: I see googling in my future ... :cool: Funny thing, we were listening to Boney-M's Rasputin in the car the other day, and I thought that in fact, what I know about the guy is little more than what the song says.

I agree with you, indirectly he was a cause of the Romanov fall. If she hadn't spent so much time/ money on this charlatan in order to find a cure for her son's ill - incidentally, the entire royal family (ies) of Europe has that strain, it came from Queen Victoria, and since her children were married into virtually every royal family in Europe at the time ...

really :offtopic: :sorry:

His first name was Grigori Rasputin. LOL, I find him to be quite an interesting historical character.

I remember that song too!

Ack, I see you've already looked him up.

SARAH
December 30th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Ah, don't forget Yefimovich, lol.

Yes, I like history, so a small gap in my knowledge like this ... not too long. Not with Google on hand ;)

ancientgirl
December 30th, 2007, 11:04 PM
I don't think Vlad would have appreciated THAT name.:laughing:

SARAH
December 30th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Yefimovitch? Sounds like an insult, or a sneeze :laughing: gesundtheit :sick:

ancientgirl
December 30th, 2007, 11:06 PM
It sounds like something you do after a night of partying.:yuck:

SARAH
December 30th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Do a lot of that do you?! :D

When was the last time I partied like yefimovitch :rolleyes: nah, can't remember ... or wait ... 1983, Christmas party, ice cold aquavit, little food (it was disgusting, the food that is, so I drank :rolleyes: ) passed out in the ladies room ... it was the year end bank party, and guess who was the manager ... dad :eek:

CearaQC
December 31st, 2007, 12:31 AM
Czarina is sooo beautiful! So are your other kitties of course... but Czarina has a unique look.

TeriM
December 31st, 2007, 01:33 AM
Beautiful shots. I love the one of Maks :cloud9:.

brandynva
December 31st, 2007, 01:21 PM
Great pictures! I love cats big jewel eyes. Maks' expression is priceless.

ancientgirl
December 31st, 2007, 03:06 PM
Maks is quite a little character. I love taking pictures of him.

rainbow
January 3rd, 2008, 03:31 AM
Vlad was named because 1. I love the name Vladimir, which is his full name, and I've always been fascinated by Vlad Dracul. (BTW, he almost was Osiris, to which of course Oksana would have been Bastet.)

Vladimir Rasputin
Oksana Tatiana
Maksimilian Nicolai
Kiska Anastasia
Czarina Odessa

:D

Can you imagine if I had kids?

I'm glad you went with Vlad and Oksana. :thumbs up

I just love all your names and the way you give them two each. :cloud9:

Kids???? I thought you had five already. :D