Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Could my Cat Have a Food Allergy?

mybubbles65
December 29th, 2007, 10:58 PM
I have a six month old kitten that has had diarrhea pretty much since I got him from the SPCA two months ago. I originally was feeding him Hills Science Diet Kitten formula and when I noticed the diarrhea I tried Iams Kitten. It went away for a day or two and came back. He's been to the vet a few times and they can find nothing wrong with him. He is very happy and otherwise healthy. Has anyone had a similar problem? Is there a particular food you've tried that resolved the problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

want4rain
December 29th, 2007, 11:07 PM
*shrugs* well both are pretty crummy foods. see if you cant get your hands on a grain free wet food like Wellness and see if that doesnt help.

got soem pictures?? :D

-ash

mika140
December 30th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Another option that works well for my cat and which she loves is California Natural Herring & Sweet Potato. Cal Natural (made by Innova) seems to be a good option for dogs/cats that have allergies/intolerances, and their products have fewer ingredients than others. Their ingredients are also very good quality.

Love4himies
December 31st, 2007, 09:01 AM
Definitely try a high quality grain free diet. Cats digestive systems are not set up to digest grains, but proteins. Wellness Core or Orijen are two that I recommend. Core did give one of my cats soft stools (Jasper), where as Orijen doesn't. He can't eat any low quality, grain filled food or he gets
runny stools.