Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Proctor and Gamble Protest

Luba
June 6th, 2004, 08:46 PM
For those of you unaware, P and G still tests their products on animals

Here is a link and some information for you to review. The only way to hurt them is by not purchasing their products. If you don't wanna suppor them, don't buy from them and let them know why!!

This link may lead to graphic images:

http://www.pandgkills.com/main.html

Each year, thousands of animals die in Procter & Gamble laboratories -- the victims of painful, archaic and entirely unnecessary product tests. Caustic chemicals are forced into the eyes of rabbits and applied to animals' shaved and raw skin.

Laboratory workers place the animals in restraining devices so they cannot struggle while the workers apply the chemicals, which burn into the animals' eyes and skin. P&G "scientists" do not sedate the animals or give them pain killers.

Animals sometimes break their necks or backs attempting to escape the pain. Those that survive are used in yet additional painful tests ... until they are finally killed. The victims include rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, ferrets and other animals.

P&G refuses to stop testing its products on animals, despite the fact that these tests are not required by any law, and despite the fact that more reliable and humane alternatives do exist.

Here are links to all P n G Products for you to check to see if you have any:

http://www.pg.com/products/pg_products.jhtml

http://www.pandgkills.com/boycott/index.html

Many of you may have these products such as:
Oil of Olay, Tide, Iams, Pampers, Head and Shoulders, Clairol, Bounce, Cascade, Swiffer, Pepto Bismol, Vicks, Metamucil, Pringles, Sunny Delight, Old Spice, Hugo Boss, Pantene, Crest, Scope, Puffs, Bounty, Max Factor, Cover Girl, Ivory, Zest etc...........

Iggette
June 7th, 2004, 07:40 AM
wow I didn't realise they had so many products I have several in my house now................I feel ashamed!!!!!!!! :o

Luba
June 7th, 2004, 09:53 AM
There are several things I wasn't aware that they make either so don't feel bad. It's so sad to know this sort of thing still goes on unnecessarily.

Instead of using so many chemical ingredients, they could replace many with natural based (plant based) ones! Shame isn't it! Poor suffering animals...for the sake of cosmetics, shampoo, soaps, cologne...awful!

chico2
June 7th, 2004, 03:49 PM
I too have many of those products,but hair-care,makeup etc,I buy from a company not using animals for testing and they use plantmaterials and other natural ingrediendts.
It's a shame,that we are sooo far behind many other countries,when it comes to treatment of animals,this is 2004 after all,anything can be done by computer.

daisy18216
June 7th, 2004, 03:57 PM
I have some of those products in my home too.

I was thinking about selling all natural based detergents, dog food, cleaning supplies, etc, but I don't know how I would do on selling them. That was going to be my at home business.

What do you guys think??

I rather help to stop the testing on animals, and help sell natural supplies.

Luba
June 7th, 2004, 04:44 PM
You should so some research on the businesses in your area that actually supply and sell those types of products before you get into it.

I was going to do the same thing actually as a side line to my yoga and relaxation therapy and haven't done it as yet.

That sort of business actually does better retail.

daisy18216
June 7th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Really!!!??? I haven't seen to much natural products around here. That's why I didn't think it would work. I can get in touch w/the woman who was going to sign me up.

And I will look into it more, and hopefully be able to get some extra money in here. If I do good maybe eventually I would be able to open up a store to sell it (wishful thinking). I'm really trying to get an at home job and fast. I want to help my hubby bring money in but I need to be here for my small children.

I will do more research and see what I can come up with.

Thanks Luba!!!!!!!!!! :D

Luba
June 7th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Ohhhh someone was gonna set you up DON'T do it that way!!!

Honestly do it on your own, contact the distributors directly. You are only responsible to them and yourself, no middle person to make your life hell! Trust me on this one! If you're gonna do it, try doing it solo.

daisy18216
June 7th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Ok, I'll take your word for it Luba I trust you!!!

I'll see if I can find the website that she gave to me and see if I can contact that company myself and start my own website w/their supplies, dog foods, etc.

I hope I can do it and this works out. I want to make the best for my family especially my children. I want to be here for them. They are going through alot right now and when 2 of them come back home, I want to be here for them every second. (i'm in a very bitter custody battle).

I'm hoping to be able to have my own business. I want to show my children that you can do anything you put your mind too, and I'm determined to have my own business.

Luba
June 7th, 2004, 05:18 PM
If you market yourself and advertise you can do well :D

Do a search on google for wholesale/distributors of natural products.

Contact them and ask them to send you catalogues. Some even send you samples. BUT if you're gonna be serious about it, just register your business name so you have a permit # to give them if they ask you. Or they sometimes won't send u catalogues.

:D

daisy18216
June 8th, 2004, 07:42 AM
Thanks Luba, your the best!!!!

I will do that search on google, and where and how do I get a permit???

Right now I'll do it out of my house, but hope to have a store or a bigger place so people can come and look. (don't want people coming to my house to look at products. I do have 3 large dogs that everyone is afraid of, I don't know why they're teddy bears).

I will do that search now and see what I get.

Thanks again Luba!!!!! :D

Luba
June 8th, 2004, 10:35 AM
You're welcome

I'm not sure how to go about doing it but take a read here, your laws and requirements are much different then ours :D

http://www.dos.state.pa.us/DOS/site/default.asp

p.s
I'm glad u got all three dogs :D

Princesss04
June 8th, 2004, 11:44 AM
That is awful I have alot of those products in my house also. I hate what they do to poor animals. I do not see how they can go home at night and lay in bed and get any rest. I just wonder if they have pets at home, I sure hope not! :mad: It makes me so mad when I hear about things like that. Makes me want to go in at night and let all the animals out of their cage and save them. I do not see how this is even legal? :mad: