Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

pee and pee again

staceyy
December 29th, 2007, 10:46 PM
hi i have a 12 year old female beagle. she has had a problem with incontinence since she was 10 weeks old. usually it happens when she is sleeping or relaxed but sometimes she will dribble as she walks. The first time I brought her to the vet at 10 weeks a urinalysis determined she had crystals so she was put on a prescription diet and antibiotics for a couple weeks. Problem seemed to clear up for a couple years but would return from time to time. She has seen about 10 different doctors from NL to BC and she has had more blood work and urinalysis then I can count. More often then not they would come back fine. Sometimes she would show signs of infection, ie. blood in the urine. A couple of times she was diagnosed with a urine infection and was treated with antibiotics.

The problem worsened with the birth of our daughter and moving into our new home. She started drinking excessively. We also had to find a new home at the time for a two year old poodle mix because she was very possesive an