Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

'nuther newbie!

zztopp
December 29th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Hi everyone! My name is zztopp and I am an animal addict ;) LOL

My family owns a whole menagerie of animals and have done so for all of our lives! We live on a small hobby farm and spoil all of our animals as best we can.

The Crew:
Kassie, 5-year-old golden retriever. She is a rescue currently regaining her confidence and trust. She is very, very nervous but also very easy going.

Molson, 3-year-old jack russel terrier. He is ... well a work in progress. We've mostly worked with large breeds (huskies, goldens, great danes, etc etc) so this little monster has been a real eye opener! But, he's great for cuddling under a blanket on cold nights!!

Tao & Putty, 12-year old Siamese cats. They are loud and loved! And rule the roost ...

Dee-Dee & Annie, 2-year-old barn cats from a local cat rescue. They are expert mousers and love to cuddle!

Sounds normal, right? Here's where we get weird!

Austin, 10-year-old Thoroughbred.
Dusty, 12-year-old Quarterhorse.
Diesel, 6-year-old Miniature horse.
Tonka, 5-year-old Miniature horse.

Raini & Red, 2-year-old Scottish Highland cows. They are in calf for this April -- yaay! And they are the most gentle things in the world. They love a good scritch behind the ears any day.

And 'the ladies,' our flock of 6 laying hens.

Whew .. so ... Hi everyone! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
December 29th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Welcome to the board, zztop! :D

Now the bad news: We're going to demand pictures of all your furbabies! :D

So, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to post pictures of your menagerie, either singly or grouply (grouply?? :laughing:) before we drive you nuts with requests for said pictures. :o

Hey, what can I say? We love pictures here! :D

pbpatti
December 29th, 2007, 11:00 PM
I want to welcome you also, and need to see photos of your 6 ladies,flock a laying. I hope that you find this as rewarding a forum as I do. Welcome. patti

14+kitties
December 29th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Welcome zztopp! And you will fit right in. There are more of us out there than you know....(I need the soundtrack of Twilight Zone playing in background) ;)

I have my own menagerie, as do a bunch of others on this site. No ladies laying or cows a mooing or horses nieghing though. Just dogs and fish and birds and kitties.........lots of kitties..... :laughing::laughing:

I would like to add my request for pictures as well. The sooner the better, please.

zztopp
January 3rd, 2008, 09:35 AM
Others like me?! Muahahahaa ...

Will upload pictures of the 'herd' to the farm website!!

14+kitties
January 3rd, 2008, 10:01 AM
Mmmm, farm......not so bad. I love the open spaces, no neighbours close by... heaven!

geisthexe
January 3rd, 2008, 10:24 AM
WOW you have a clan that :D

I can't wait to see photos of the clan you have

Happy 2008

Deb

rainbow
January 3rd, 2008, 04:48 PM
Welcome to pets.ca :thumbs up and, looking forward to all those pics. :D