Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Name Poll

erykah1310
December 29th, 2007, 09:07 PM
The name Tara just isnt working for us...
No particular reasons, but its just not going to fly.
So heres a poll with todays picks after careful consideration.
Please vote.:thumbs up

Rottielover
December 29th, 2007, 09:16 PM
I love, I mean love the name Karma :)

Byrd
December 29th, 2007, 09:24 PM
I picked Karma too.

I'm not one for obvious human names for animals, but in her pics she kind of looks like a Lily.

StumpsMom
December 29th, 2007, 09:26 PM
I'm all for Karma too....love it!:thumbs up

joeysmama
December 29th, 2007, 09:38 PM
I like Lasya !! I've never heard it before and I think it's very pretty just like she is.

happycats
December 29th, 2007, 10:29 PM
I picked Karma too, but I do like Tatiana:o

growler~GateKeeper
December 29th, 2007, 11:47 PM
I voted for Karma - I think it's a great dog/cat name. :thumbs up

I also like Lakshmi but the pronouncation may be abit much for urgent situations/needing to call her in a hurry etc. :shrug: Would be great name for a horse though. Just my :2cents:

happycats
December 30th, 2007, 12:23 AM
http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/names/tibetan.htm

I Also like "Kona" meaning "exclusive"

rainbow
December 30th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Before I vote, may I ask why Tara is not working for you? I really thought it suited her. :o

Dracko
December 30th, 2007, 01:45 AM
Love, Karma. Would have considered using it for one of my kittens if I'd thought of it then. :thumbs up

pbpatti
December 30th, 2007, 02:10 AM
I chose Indira because it reminds me of an endearing love and she looks like th puppy who would have all of this. she is beautiful.

Kristin7
December 30th, 2007, 07:45 AM
I picked Lasya as it seems to flow off the tongue fairly easily, is unusual and has a nice feel to it. Karma can be good or bad. I am glad you didn't pick Tara - my ex's :censored: sister's name, ugh! It is pretty and I love the meaning but the name is ruined for me. I do like Lakshmi but also know someone by that name so will always associate it with her, not really in a bad way though.

SARAH
December 30th, 2007, 08:45 AM
I voted for Karma - I think it's a great dog/cat name. :thumbs up

I also like Lakshmi but the pronouncation may be abit much for urgent situations/needing to call her in a hurry etc. :shrug: Would be great name for a horse though. Just my :2cents:

Agreed, it would be perfrect for a horse!

http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/names/tibetan.htm

I Also like "Kona" meaning "exclusive"

Kona = "the old lady" (wife) in Norwegian, not very nice when said like that, so ... nah.

I agree with the human name on animals ... never was much for that. If you know a human with the name of a dog say (or cat) and that human is a jerk, yoiu won't look at your nice animal the same way again. (example, never show me an animal named Neil, I wouldn't adopt it no matter how sweet it might be! Not after the landlord we had and another Neil who was also a jerk). Or you have named your animal something human, and then meet someone with that name who is offended that his/her name is used for an animal ... like Bella :rolleyes: poor Sheba, we had to change her name real quick, since Bella was Lewis' late grnadmother's name!

Karma ... which I voted for ... sounds nice. :fingerscr it's good karma :highfive:

chico2
December 30th, 2007, 09:17 AM
I voted Karma,but Indira is nice too,only she would be called "Indy",not so nice..

SARAH
December 30th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Indy, as in Indiana Jones :D I liked the one with Sean Connery :offtopic:

CearaQC
December 30th, 2007, 09:47 AM
I like Lakshmi.

Used to work with a guy who's family were immigrants from India. They still arranged marriages.

The guy was Ashish and the woman he married was named Lakshmi. She was VERY beautiful.

Stacer
December 30th, 2007, 10:28 AM
It was a toss up between Lasya and Karma for me. I went with Karma. You've probably got lots of it from helping out animals.

Kristin7
December 30th, 2007, 10:30 AM
I looked at that one Tibetan name site from the other thread related to this and like the names Sashi or Tashi. Easy to say, short and sweet. Also would be good cat names, come to think of it. I forget the meanings of either, though.

SARAH
December 30th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Sounds more like cat names, not quite powerful enough for a TM, even lady! But I'll make a note of them for a future kitty (or smaller dog maybe? Tibetan Spaniel Shih Tzu, Lhassa Apso ...)

ancientgirl
December 30th, 2007, 01:01 PM
I like Karma, I chose that one. I think Tibby is cute too though.

Kristin7
December 30th, 2007, 02:16 PM
I think someone in another thread also mentioned Ursala. I love that name and your dog will certainly resemble a bear someday. A friend of mine had a chocolate lab named Ursala after a friend he greatly admired - a very cool dog, Urs for short.

breeze
December 30th, 2007, 04:39 PM
I like Karma or Tibby the best ( cause I really can't pronouse the other ones lol lol

But what ever you call her it will be a perfect name..
all I know is that it has to roll of the tounge easly and 1 or 2 sylibles are your best bet..:thumbs up:thumbs up

CyberKitten
December 30th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Since Tibet- home of the Dali Llama is an important Buddhist country, I would think of some significant Goddess from that religion or something of that nature- and given my knowledge of all their Goddesses, you may have one up there. I think you should call her what she feels and looks like to you. Pets always grow into their names it seems to me- and you just sort of know when you figure it out.

I'd definitely NOT call her Indra since that is more of a Hindu name, not at all Tibetan. And Lakshmi is a Sanskrit name for is the Hindu goddess of wealth. Lasya is also Indian and not Tibetan. And Karma as you know, is a well known concept in Hinduism. So, I would have to say now that I think of it none of the above. I would look up the many Goddesses of Buddhism and there are some lovely names and find one. A Hindu name on a Tibetan animal would never do - it would be condsidered unwise and not good karma and you do not want that! I have a friend who is a Buddhist and she is always telling me about er religion, tho I have an interest in different religions anyway.

Good luck!!!! As I said her name will come to yuo but I would research Tibetan names.

onster
December 30th, 2007, 10:25 PM
I like Karma :)