Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Foster mom

kriista72
December 29th, 2007, 07:20 PM
What is involved in becoming fosted mom? :shrug:

Frenchy
December 29th, 2007, 08:43 PM
It always depends on the rescue you will foster for. Some rescues provide everything , food , dewormer , flea treatments ... some don't and you have to pay for it yourself. All the rescues are suppose to cover the vet's bills. Sometimes you have to get the dogs/cats vaccinated / neutered or spayed if they're not already. You have to care for them as you would your own pets , after a while , you're able to know what kind of family the pet will need for his/her forever home . Some rescues will find the families for you , some others will let you deal with that yourself.

Are you looking to foster cats or dogs ?

kriista72
December 29th, 2007, 11:49 PM
I was thinking about small to medium dogs because I live in a apt
Is there any kind of screening or steps in becoming a foster mom

Frenchy
December 30th, 2007, 08:33 AM
kriista72 , some rescues will screen the foster family like they screen for people who wants to adopt. But other rescues are in so much need of foster families that they might not. If you do go ahead with this , let me tell you that you will me doing a wonderful thing ! Dogs get turned down so often because there's no foster families available , and some dogs die in shelter because of it. :sad:

We need more foster families. I can't say this enough. :sad:

kriista72
December 30th, 2007, 11:11 AM
I was think about fostering at Adopt A Dog / Save A Life Does anyone know anything about them?

Frenchy
December 30th, 2007, 12:06 PM
It rings a bell , in which area ?

kriista72
December 30th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Sorry lol Toronto

Frenchy
December 30th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Oh then yes , I see their dogs when snooping on petfinder :p (something I really shouldn't do :sad:)