Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Boo is sick:(

Janie123
December 29th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Haven't been able to post much because of my injuries but I am very worried. Boo has become very lethargic. He does not want to leave his bed and refuses to go outside. We have to carry him. He's usually all over the place.:( If he's not better by Monday it will mean an expensive vet visit but we don't care. We are all he has and we feel the love and responsibility.
We don't know if it's psychological. He was very upset when I took my fall and I haven't been able to spend a lot of time with him while I am in pain and recuperating. But, I put him on the bed and he snuggles right up to me. Maybe this will help. I sure hope so. :sick::confused::pray:

ancientgirl
December 29th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Maybe the stress of seeing you ill is affecting him.

Could he feel responsible? What if you put his food dish where you are? Maybe he just wants to be near you.

Janie123
December 29th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Well, he wanted to go for his walk today but we walked slowly because of my knees and him not feeling good. My H said he seemed a little perkier but he is sleeping a lot. He is attached to me and Bonnie is attached to Al. He ate a tiny bit also. :)

ancientgirl
December 29th, 2007, 03:07 PM
That sounds like he's coming around right?

How much does he usually sleep? I have to say, mine sleep A LOT!

SARAH
December 29th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Janie123, it sounds to me like your little guy is concerned and worried about you! How sweet is that? First he helps you when you fall - in his limited way, but still, he did help! - and now he's "perishing" worrying about you being hurting still. I think, quite possibly, you may have found your new little doggie-soul-mate :pray:

But for sure, if he's not better by Monday, do take him to the vet, you never know after all. Maybe the stress of seeing you take that fall was a little hard on his system or something? Psycholigically I mean, and also stress can affect the heart. I really hope and :pray: that it's the first impression I had that is the right one, for BOTH of you :grouphug:

Hey, I'm not a great fan of small dogs, but Boo is rapidly growing on me :thumbs up I would even adopt one myself at this point! A dog can be small and still have a huge heart! Thanks Boo, for showing me that! (give him a hug for me!)

Janie123
December 29th, 2007, 04:52 PM
He is sleeping more then usual and won't go out back. He ate a little bit. bonnie keeps trying to get him to play but he just rolls over and goes back to sleep. I took Bonnie outside and he wanted to go. We went slowly which was great for my knees.
We can't have big dogs because we have no room for them. My little dogs are so cute and smart. If he is still like this by Monday,I will take him to the vet. It will mean cutting something out this month but I won't let him suffer.

14+kitties
December 29th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Did he eat anything different over Christmas? Maybe too much turkey or something?
He could be pining because of you. Dogs are amazing with that ability. Small ones especially seem to be attuned to how their masters/mistress' feel. My toy sure is. Our labx couldn't care less how you feel. She is 'feed me, play with me, find some energy, person' cause I have lots!!!
I agree with the vet decision. It's best to make sure everything is ok. :goodvibes: coming your way.

chico2
December 29th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Aww Janie,I hope both you and Boo get better:pray:
What a way to start the New Year:sad:
It is possible it's an emotional thing with Boo,at least I hope so and he'll get better.
My Rocky(cat)is my soulmate,I cannot even cough without him getting worried and is all over me..

ancientgirl
December 29th, 2007, 05:44 PM
I'm sure Boo is fine. All the emotion and pain you have been going through has probably hit him hard.

But I do agree with you, to take him to the vet, just to easy your mind and make sure he's okay, which I'm sure he is.

Janie123
December 29th, 2007, 06:10 PM
The only thing different is someone gave him some ham before I could stop them. I don't give them table scraps. He finally ate his dinner and went to the door to greet my son when he came over. So,I'm watching him closely. I'm trying not to groan or grimace when i get up and when i walk. Maybe he will be better when I am better. I'm doing better everyday. Maybe he will too.

ancientgirl
December 29th, 2007, 06:16 PM
It sounds like he's little by little getting himself back to normal.

I think you have the right idea. He probably sees you in pain and feels it too.

Poor little loving guy.

Janie123
December 29th, 2007, 08:16 PM
He's the most sensitive dog I have ever owned. Sooooooo sweet and very protective of me. i just let Bonnie out. He usually runs out with her. Today,he wouldn't go unless he was carried. But,just a bit ago,he trotted out,not running,but he went out.:)

ancientgirl
December 29th, 2007, 08:17 PM
I think once he is sure you are okay, he'll be back to his normal self.