Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Shes Here Shes Here!!!

erykah1310
December 28th, 2007, 08:27 PM
A day early too!!!
As promised here are some more pics.
Shes doing great, resting in her crate now... well sorta
She and Kita really hit it off ( which is great) Bailey wants nothing to do with her since she's already bigger than him, even Meik likes her ( he didnt mind her in the house at all)
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Dogs/pusha4.jpg
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Dogs/pusha3.jpg
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Dogs/pusha2.jpg
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Dogs/pusha1.jpg

JanM
December 28th, 2007, 08:30 PM
She is gorgeous! Do you have a name picked out yet? Sounds like all is going well with your new addition!

Lots more pics are needed.

erykah1310
December 28th, 2007, 08:32 PM
She is fitting in good (so far anyways)
Im sure things wont be "calm" for long.

breeze
December 28th, 2007, 08:37 PM
She's beautiful and fluffy.... what's her name?????

and we need more pictures of her to make sure she is getting along with everyone :D

hazelrunpack
December 28th, 2007, 08:42 PM
She is fitting in good (so far anyways)
Im sure things wont be "calm" for long.

She's gorgeous! :lovestruck: And fitting in so well!

The honeymoon will be over next week and she'll start trying out All the Ways of Mischief (which is a book that's issued to each puppy as it starts out on its journey to its forever home :laughing:)

She's going to be so much fun! :cloud9: I'm envious!

erykah1310
December 28th, 2007, 08:50 PM
I still dont have a name for her, I just dont know what suits her???

And Hazel... I think she got a really good head start on her "book" on her ride here, so far ( in 2 hours) the couch tasted especially yummy to nibble on, the Christmas tree was especially fun to bite and pull on, Socks are apparently alien invaders that must be destroyed before they consume our entire bodies ( its so nice to see she's already watching out for my well being:rolleyes:)
And thankfully thats all for now.

Good news though, only 1 out of 3 piddles were in the house:thumbs up, Im sure there will be more piddles and perhaps a nice little pile or two over the next few weeks/months:eek: but so far all is good
She walked right in here like she already owned the place!

breeze
December 28th, 2007, 08:54 PM
the name will come to you.... just give it time but for now what are you calling her??

erykah1310
December 28th, 2007, 08:58 PM
For now im sticking with the breeders name, Shaula
But I have to think something up quickly

LavenderRott
December 28th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Sad day - how long was I missing!?! :eek:

I could swear that is a Newfie pup in that first picture!!

She certainly is gorgeous!! And I am quite sure you are going to have your hands full for a while!

wdawson
December 28th, 2007, 09:02 PM
she is very cute:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
December 28th, 2007, 09:05 PM
What a munchkin! :D But it's a relief that she can already recognize and remedy an alien invasion! :laughing:

erykah1310
December 28th, 2007, 09:12 PM
What a munchkin! :D But it's a relief that she can already recognize and remedy an alien invasion! :laughing:

Its a great releif, seeing as though there are so many invasions that take place....
Take some of our MIA members for example... makes you wonder!

erykah1310
December 28th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Sad day - how long was I missing!?! :eek:

Im lost here??? ITs a happy day... not a sad one

StumpsMom
December 28th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Awwww, so cute and fluffy! And in her native land's language...

Bslab bya brgyab
She is beautiful in Tibetan

What's her name?? That gorgeous girl needs a name!:D

LavenderRott
December 28th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Im lost here??? ITs a happy day... not a sad one

Sad as in how in the world did this happen and I didn't have a clue. Not sad as in you got an adorable new puppy.

Frenchy
December 28th, 2007, 09:21 PM
and we need more pictures of her to make sure she is getting along with everyone :D

Yes yes , the breeder actually e-mailed me and Breeze , we are to make sure it's all good or else we get to take her. :shrug: really ! :D

She's adorable :lovestruck:

erykah1310
December 28th, 2007, 09:22 PM
I looked over some of the name links, and now that she's here and everything and I see her in reality
I think Tara suits her.
I may try that out tomorrow, see how it goes (my comfort level with it)
I cant find what it means though???

erykah1310
December 28th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Sad as in how in the world did this happen and I didn't have a clue. Not sad as in you got an adorable new puppy.

I stayed pretty hush hush about it, I wanted to be sure before announcing too much.

StumpsMom
December 28th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Meaning of Tara:

The girl's name Tara \t(a)-ra\ is pronounced TAH-rah. It is of Gaelic and Sanskrit origin, and its meaning is "hill; star". Ancient Tara was the site of the "stone of destiny" on which Irish kings resided, and Margaret Mitchell probably had this in mind when she named the fictional home of Scarlett O'Hara in her 1936 novel "Gone With the Wind". Hindu mythology: Tara is one of the names of the wife of Shiva.
(Thinkbabynames.com)

erykah1310
December 28th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Hindu vs Tibetan....???
Hrmmm?
I'm still going to try it out

erykah1310
December 28th, 2007, 09:30 PM
She's sleeping right now, ( she did really good about crying in the crate, only for a few mintues then out like a light)
Its so darn hard to not go wake her up and play with her some more....:wall:

joeysmama
December 28th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Oh I wouldn't be able to let her sleep. I would want her to wake up and play with me. What a cutie pie !!!!:lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
December 28th, 2007, 10:24 PM
She's sleeping right now, ( she did really good about crying in the crate, only for a few mintues then out like a light)
Its so darn hard to not go wake her up and play with her some more....:wall:

So remember that in a week or so when she's really running you ragged! :D

I'm thinking Brgyab would be a good name for her. :o Don't know what it means (see Stumpsmoms post) but it looks cool. :laughing: Not sure how you'd pronounce it, though. :p

Stacer
December 28th, 2007, 10:27 PM
How is it possible for a dog to be THAT fluffy? She's exceptionally adorable!!
You really get a sense of how big she is in the second pic, when she's beside Kita.

SARAH
December 28th, 2007, 11:06 PM
She won't stay that fluffy, although the adult Tibetan is very hairy - fluffballs in the near future :evil:

But ... Fluffy sounds cute... nah, to much of a cat name. Flicka! Which is "girl" in Swedish ... a far cry from Tibetan ... :confused:

Remedy for "piles" and "piddles" that I've found works wonders: take the puppy outside every 30 minutes and praise it when it "goes". I even gave the order to pee/poo as they did it, that way I had a way of hurrying them when they got older and the weather was lousy or I was short on time :thumbs up it really works!

t.pettet
December 28th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Congrats to you on your new cutie addition, what a little doll.:lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
December 29th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Adorable little (:laughing:) fluff ball you've got there :lovestruck:

Glad she's making friends already :highfive:

rainbow
December 29th, 2007, 01:39 AM
OMG.....what a cutie. :cloud9: And, glad to hear that Kita and Meik approve too. :thumbs up I'm sure Bailey will come around soon. What about the kitties....has she seen them yet? :D

I think she looks like a Tara too. I liked it best between that and Lasya that I posted for you in your other thread. I thought Tara was listed under Tibetan names :shrug: .....I'll go check it out. :o

rainbow
December 29th, 2007, 01:45 AM
Okay here's the other thread where we talked about names but you never came back to reply. :D

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=47717&page=2

rainbow
December 29th, 2007, 01:48 AM
And, here's the list of Tibetan names ( http://lowchensaustralia.com/names/tibetan.htm) that says:

Tara = Mother Goddess
Lasya = Goddess of Beauty

marko
December 29th, 2007, 03:37 AM
beautiful pupparooni erykah1310!
Congrats!!:highfive:

hey what about pupparooni? :D

CearaQC
December 29th, 2007, 03:49 AM
That is one beautiful fluff ball. Wow she's going to be gigantic, comparing her puppy size right next to the brindle. It's great the dogs are getting along. More pictures! She sure does seem to not mind posing for the camera.

How old is she now? How does she act with her new human family? Does she want to play?

Best of luck with the puppy-ness. I know it all too well with 10 of the buggers running around trying to chew EVERYTHING. Door jams, floor thresholds, the base of the marble coffee table, plant stands, TV cabinet, kitchen table/chairs, feet/toes/fingers, and on and on.

Wait until you go without socks and she discovers people toes! :laughing:

Meaning of Tara:

Margaret Mitchell probably had this in mind when she named the fictional home of Scarlett O'Hara in her 1936 novel "Gone With the Wind".

:sorry::offtopic:I think Mitchell did a play on words, replacing Tara with terra. Lots of people take words literally instead of considering hidden meanings/symbolism, which of course most authors would never admit to writing on purpose. :laughing: Terra/land was a source of strength for Scarlet, because when everything else crumbled all around her, there was still a chance for the land to provide sustenance...not everything was destroyed.

But Tara still is a very pretty name. Don't like the breeder name either, don't blame you for wanting to change it. A "goddess" or similar meaning name would fit well for her, either Tibetan or Hindu.

Must provide updates and pictures minimally every week! :laughing:

mastifflover
December 29th, 2007, 04:10 AM
She is too cute I am so jealous. You will need to take tons of pictures because this size does not last long. I can almost smell that puppy scent. Here is a great link for some very common Mastiff health problems there is also a very good article about anesthesia and the Mastiff which is very important for you and your vet to read especially is they do not have a lot of experience with the breed they can die from certain types. Just thought I would mention it because a lot of people do not know it my vet didn't. But he had not dealt with many before Buddy.
http://members.aol.com/RocknRob56/

Kristin7
December 29th, 2007, 08:02 AM
She's adorable, congrats!! :cloud9: Can't wait to hear more about her in the coming months, and of course see all the pics!

erykah1310
December 29th, 2007, 09:58 AM
How old is she now?
She was born Oct.14th (the day after my birthday) so 11 weeks-ish
How does she act with her new human family?
Out of the norm for a TM puppy, everything I have read sais they are very reserved from a young age, not her, shes in your face wiggling her bum and snorting.

Does she want to play?
She discovered squeeky toys are fun last night... she wont put it down.

A "goddess" or similar meaning name would fit well for her, either Tibetan or Hindu.
I looked through her parents pedigree's and apparently Tara is a very popular TM name....

[QUOTE]Must provide updates and pictures minimally every week! QUOTE]

Its been ages since I have had a puppy, something tells me its going to be a very laborous year or so for me, but I look forward to all the "hurdles"
For now I thinK the pictures are going to be a daily thing:D dont you worry, I just took 20 more of them all playing this morning to prove to the 2 who are on call from the breeder that she is indeed enjoying the other dogs and they are enjoying her too.
I want to keep a week by week growth chart of pics of her.

Yesterday prior to her trip the breeder weighed her for her weekly weigh in, she was already 23 lbs.

Best part is, the breeder has already weaned the litter onto raw (with Canidae in the evenings) Whoo hoo!!!

erykah1310
December 29th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Here is a great link for some very common Mastiff health problems there is also a very good article about anesthesia and the Mastiff which is very important for you and your vet to read especially is they do not have a lot of experience with the breed they can die from certain types.

Wow, thank you so much....

Just thought I would mention it because a lot of people do not know it my vet didn't. But he had not dealt with many before Buddy.

The breeder has already called my vet and gave her the vet information from her vet as a contact, since her vet has experience treating TMs for the past 20 some years:thumbs up
Also, she gave me a HUGE puppy care package for me and my vet and trainer regarding the TM breed.
Its so strange for me to see someone who yes, is responsible for bringing these pups into the world, care SO much about them
Very different from rescue let me tell you, and thats all I really know.
Crappy byb and rescue ( not that they are the same category but as we know its impossible for rescues to follow up through out the dogs lives that they have rehomed, the demand and strain on them is just too much.

We're setting up a wonderful Kennel type area this spring, I convinced Guy to make one extra "run" for if there is ever a rescue in dire need of a foster home. HE AGREE'd:D
He even said
"I know you wont be able to pass on a dog that really needs it... just as long as we dont keep them this time " lol

Rottielover
December 29th, 2007, 10:22 AM
I can not wait to meet her..I can not wait to meet her....
Harley will be so confused, a girly dog bigger than him, LOL

erykah1310
December 29th, 2007, 08:45 PM
More pics....

Enjoy ( cause I certainly am)
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Dogs/6.jpg
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Dogs/5.jpg
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Dogs/3.jpg
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Dogs/2.jpg
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Dogs/1.jpg

hazelrunpack
December 29th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Was Bailey running away from Tara or did he actually play with the little dickens today? :D

erykah1310
December 29th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Running away...
And "Tara" isnt working out...

Off to start a poll...

StumpsMom
December 29th, 2007, 09:32 PM
How adorable is she??? Running in the snow like that....awwww:lovestruck:

joeysmama
December 29th, 2007, 09:36 PM
A friend of ours, who is a musician, named his dog Puccini. Get it? "pooch"ini. LOL ! I thought it was the most clever name but it really works better for male dogs since Puccini was a guy.

Whatever you call your little darling she is gorgeous. And that fur looks as though she's in zero gravity. TOO CUTE !!!

TeriM
December 31st, 2007, 03:48 AM
She is gorgeous :cloud9:.

chico2
January 1st, 2008, 05:39 PM
OMG,thank you Breeze,what an adorable little thing,bigger than Bailey though,poor Bailey:laughing:
What an adorable,scrumtious little bear she is:lovestruck:you are so lucky Erykah,how exciting:thumbs up

luckypenny
January 1st, 2008, 09:34 PM
Congratulations on the new addition erykah1310. She's indeed a scrumptious ball of puff :cloud9: .