Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

more on chinese recalls

wdawson
December 28th, 2007, 08:08 PM
here is more on the pet food and other recalls.
http://healthandfitness.sympatico.msn.ca/US+study+ties+27+pet+illnesses+and+deaths+in+Canad a+to+pet+food+recall/News/ContentPosting.aspx?isfa=1&newsitemid=31087022&feedname=CP-HEALTH&show=True&number=3&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc&date=False

hazelrunpack
December 28th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Rats...can't open it...probably nothing wrong with it, just my connection again... Is this a new problem or a study of the recalls from earlier? I see the title said some deaths in Canada were found to be due to the tainted pet food, but I can't get the article... :frustrated:

wdawson
December 28th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Rats...can't open it...probably nothing wrong with it, just my connection again... Is this a new problem or a study of the recalls from earlier? I see the title said some deaths in Canada were found to be due to the tainted pet food, but I can't get the article... :frustrated:

its a recap of the lawsuits and it explain other recalls

SARAH
December 28th, 2007, 11:31 PM
I guess I'm not the only one to put a product back on the shelf if I read made in China on it, regardless of what it is?

hazelrunpack
December 28th, 2007, 11:34 PM
its a recap of the lawsuits and it explain other recalls

Thanks, wayne. Whew...I was afraid it might be something new. :eek:

I'll try it again tomorrow. Occasionally I'm still getting a decent connection :rolleyes:

TeriM
December 31st, 2007, 02:46 AM
Though Menu Foods was not the only company whose products were recalled, the company took the hardest hit in both revenue and reputation.

Menu Foods Income Fund is still feeling the effects of the March 16 recall in the third quarter, which ended Sept. 30. It reported a loss of $19.3 million in the quarter. The company has cut staff and executives' salaries and has lost about 37 per cent of last year's business by volume.

Aww, that is just to bad :sad: :D. Nothing compared to the sadness and pain that hundreds of pet owners endured :frustrated:.

Mamakicia
January 3rd, 2008, 12:08 AM
Apparently, the Chinese have been using melamine in animal feed (large animal feed is my understanding) for years. Because of the melamine, when the food is tested, it appears to be high in protein, indicating a good product. Until now, this has possibly been just an internal Chinese problem. Hopefully since the problem became a global one, things will improve for both Western and Chinese animals -- small and large. :shrug: