Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ziglet and the squirrel

marko
December 28th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Here's a pic of Ziglet trying to stare down a squirrel....and squirrel couldn't care less cuz he's busy eating....and knows full well about the protective quality of glass. :D

chico2
December 28th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Marko,that's a really clean window,I did not think there was one:laughing:Great pic!
My kitties have actually been that close to Squirrels without the window and done nothing.
I think they are getting used to seeing me feed them and they are not interesting anymore:cat:
Vinnie will chase one,but once he gets close,he does not know what to do,just walks away...not that I would let them hurt a Squirrel.

hazelrunpack
December 28th, 2007, 03:59 PM
There is nothing more frustrating than trying to have a stare down with a Varmint that won't cooperate, eh, Ziglet!? :frustrated:

:laughing:

Cute picture, marko! How long did he stay there?

breeze
December 28th, 2007, 04:17 PM
I second that about the clean widows!! even though I clean mine every day I still get sloobery nose prints on them....

I would not be able to get pictures of a squrrel they run to fast after they pester Bree....
They are bold, I give you that the ones here even run across Brees back when she is curled up enjoying the cold wether!!!!

Boubou
December 28th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Last Christmas I caught my cat Moo sitting about 5 feet from a squirrel that was eating the sunflower seeds from my bird feeder and I thought "oh look how cute that is!" Next thing I see is Moo with the squirrel in his mouth running under the deck with it!! I ddi get the squirrel out from under the patio, but he was badly injured and eventually died in a pet carrier in my shed....poor thing!!
I'll never under-estimate the hunting instincts of a cat again!! I try to keep him in as much as I can but he does escape when we open the patio door for the dogs....

JanM
December 28th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Marko, I think you had a typo when you said there was a window there!

Poor Ziglet - doing his kitty-cat best to stare down the varmit and squirrel doesn't play along...

Great pic!

SARAH
December 28th, 2007, 05:32 PM
I didn't see a window either :frustrated: can they really be that clean :confused:

Misti, all tied up in her harness and leash, one day almost caught a squirrel that was running away from Dani and hadn't noticed there was a cat on that deck as well!! :eek: But it got away (phew) :highfive:

rainbow
December 29th, 2007, 02:35 AM
I second that about the clean widows!! even though I clean mine every day I still get sloobery nose prints on them....

Me too. :frustrated: :o

Cute pic, Marko. :thumbs up

marko
December 29th, 2007, 02:51 AM
Thanks for the compliments - the window is clean but not THAT clean. The reason it looks like there is no glass is because the focus of the lens is well beyond the glass.

The squirrel stayed there until he/she had comfortably finished all the peanuts!

wdawson
December 29th, 2007, 09:05 AM
thats a nice clear shot.....mine would have nose and paw prints .

SARAH
December 29th, 2007, 09:58 AM
thats a nice clear shot.....mine would have nose and paw prints .

As well as specks from dried snowflakes/dust on the outside!

TeriM
December 31st, 2007, 02:22 AM
Very cool pic :thumbs up.

Smiley14
December 31st, 2007, 02:24 AM
Oh, that is AWESOME! Love it! Especially the squirrel's nonchalance. :laughing: