Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Czarina Is Negative!

ancientgirl
December 27th, 2007, 04:58 PM
I almost cried when they told me she was negative for FIV. Even my vet got choked up. She also had no parasites or worms! I'd put some Revolution on her Sunday so that may have helped, but here's the kicker, she's been spayed.

It seems that at one point she was someone's pet. She was incredibly good and patient. No hissing or fussing at all. The vet was able to do everything she needed to do. Czarina also got two vaccinations. I left her there overnight so they could give her a bath and trim her nails. She was a bit matted and had dirt on her.

The vet said if she hadn't been spayed she would have done it through the cat network. She said that she would have done what she could to make sure I wouldn't have had to pay for it. But as it is, she's all taken care of.

Someone else's stupidity is my gain. I've gained a very lovely and healthy kitty. Oh, and the vet said she is probably about 3 or 4 years old.

I'm very excited and incredibly happy. She's a robust little thing to have lived outside for all this time and to be so healthy. Heck, she weighed in at a little over 10 pounds!

chico2
December 27th, 2007, 05:08 PM
That's great,she did not have to go through spaying:thumbs up
You must have a great vet,which is very fortunate..
So,now you can just go ahead and make her your kitty,hopefully it won't take too long for your cats to get used to her:fingerscr
I don'd think that Maks and Kiska will object,but Vlad and Oksana probably will.
They'll think:Oh no,not another one!! Will it ever end:yell:
and you know we will need pics as soon as possible.

phoozles
December 27th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Congrats - that's great news! Hopefully it won't be long before they are all pals! :thumbs up

Lukka'sma
December 27th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Fantastic news.

ancientgirl
December 27th, 2007, 05:42 PM
That's great,she did not have to go through spaying:thumbs up
You must have a great vet,which is very fortunate..
So,now you can just go ahead and make her your kitty,hopefully it won't take too long for your cats to get used to her:fingerscr
I don'd think that Maks and Kiska will object,but Vlad and Oksana probably will.
They'll think:Oh no,not another one!! Will it ever end:yell:
and you know we will need pics as soon as possible.

Yes, I think Maks and Kiska will be curious and fine with her. Vlad and Oksana are the ones that need time.

LOL, I think though eventually they will get along very well. I'm hoping Oksana likes her because she's such a solitary kitty. She is always sitting on the side lines watching things. And Vlad tends to play too rough.

We'll see though. I think things are going to work out well. And tomorrow I have my doctor's appointment so I can hopefully get some extra relief for my allergies, which will be good with 5 kitties around!

JanM
December 27th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Great news! and now the fun begins.... be sure to keep us informed of progress :D

ancientgirl
December 27th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Yes, things are going to get interesting. Now my main concern is that she knows how to use the litter box.

I've had Feliway plugged in for about 2 weeks. I have a diffuser downstairs and upstairs, so I'm hoping that and the fact they will all be spayed and neutered, it will mean a calm introduction and a nice happy home for all of us.

Stacer
December 27th, 2007, 06:32 PM
That's happy news! 5 cats, you're gonna be busy!

ancientgirl
December 27th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Oy, tell me about it! I'm glad I'm getting her while I'm on vacation. At least it gives me a few days with all of them to make sure things go as smoothly as possible.

Goodness, I started off the year with ZERO cats. Now I'm ending the year with 5!!!!:eek:

clm
December 27th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Can't wait to hear about how the kitty introduction goes.
I'm sure she'll be fine with the litterbox. My little stray Gabby took to it with no trouble at all.
Looking forward to seeing pics of your pride of 5.

Cindy

ancientgirl
December 27th, 2007, 06:48 PM
That's good to hear. I figure, the only thing that will change for her is she will just have a different feeling under her paws and she'll have a designated spot to do her business in.

Winston
December 27th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Ancientgirl! Great news! I told you all was going to go well! I had a feeling! Hope she really enjoys life indoors! Isnt that wonderfull what the vet was going to do for you! I wish my vet had that compassion. Just think she doesnt have to wonder outside anymore! Someone was really stupid in dumping her! She looks to be a beauty...and I am sure the intro's will all work out but it might just take some time thats all!! Yeah for you!!!

Cindy

ancientgirl
December 27th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Ancientgirl! Great news! I told you all was going to go well! I had a feeling! Hope she really enjoys life indoors! Isnt that wonderfull what the vet was going to do for you! I wish my vet had that compassion. Just think she doesnt have to wonder outside anymore! Someone was really stupid in dumping her! She looks to be a beauty...and I am sure the intro's will all work out but it might just take some time thats all!! Yeah for you!!!

Cindy

Thank you! I'm very happy. And I really am going to try to make it very enjoyable for her indoors. She's got lots of playmates, and she has the run of the place just like the others. Plus, its nice and cool in here, dry, and she will always have plenty of food.

I really can't understand why anyone would have dumped her. Who knows, maybe she got away from someone, I don't know. Regardless, I do believe she was someone's pet at some point. Otherwise, who could have spayed her?

I find myself very fortunate to have such a wonderful vet. I always ask for her when I make any appointments, and if she's not available, I try to work around it so that I get an appointment with her. She's a wonderful person and she truly loves animals. That's one of the reasons I don't mind paying a little more to go there, because it's not easy finding a vet that you feel so comfortable with and trust your babies with.

krdahmer
December 27th, 2007, 09:32 PM
:thumbs up:grouphug::laughing::cry::D:grouphug::cloud9:

I am ecstatic for you both!!!! What great news! I can't wait to see the pics of her settling in!!:grouphug:

Frenchy
December 27th, 2007, 09:41 PM
I'm glad everything went fine :thumbs up I'm pretty sure she'll figure out the litter. :fingerscr

hazelrunpack
December 27th, 2007, 10:22 PM
That's fantastic news, ancientgirl! :highfive: Now then, you have to get Oksana and Kiska to have a little girl-to-girl talk with her about the litter box! :o

Maybe she'll remember about the litter box--if she used to be someone's pet, she well might! :thumbs up

rainbow
December 28th, 2007, 01:20 AM
WOO HOO....I'm so happy for you and Czarina. :highfive: What a huge relief that is for you. :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
December 28th, 2007, 01:46 AM
:thumbs up:highfive: great news :grouphug:

and great news about the spay too :highfive:

Yes, things are going to get interesting. Now my main concern is that she knows how to use the litter box.

And she's got the overnight stay @ the vet to test out the litterbox ;):thumbs up

ancientgirl
December 28th, 2007, 03:01 AM
Thanks everyone. I appreciate so very much all of the support you have all given me through this. It's such a relief to finally have it all done and out of the way. I know she's fine and healthy and that's what my main concern was, that she would be able to be integrated into my kitty family with no health issues.

And Growler, I was thinking about that earlier. I figured, they'd give her a litterbox and she'd realize what to do with it there.

Melinda
December 28th, 2007, 06:34 AM
thanks so much for the update, I'm glad all turned out well and now she'll lived a comfortable life! You're a great person

ancientgirl
December 28th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Thank you. She is certainly going to leave a comfortable life. They all deserve to.:cloud9:

Winston
December 28th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Well!!!! Is she home yet? I think you said your little one goes in for her spay today? Hope all is going well! How are the introductions going?

Cindy

ancientgirl
December 28th, 2007, 03:47 PM
She's not home yet. I just got home from going in to the office for a couple of hours to get my paycheck.

I'm going to wait until around 5:00 to get her, because that's when I can also visit Kiska. She's staying overnight from her spay operation. So I will have Czarina with me after my visit with Kiska.

I've got her litter box ready in the half bath, and I've got a new little bed for her and a new bowl set that's off the ground like the other's have.

I'll post later this evening and let you all know how things are going.:D

14+kitties
December 28th, 2007, 06:33 PM
ancientgirl..just wanted to add my congratulations on Czarina. You must be esctatic! I haven't been on for a few days so just saw the post. What great news! :cloud9:
Good luck with the settling in. She will do fine; both with the other kitties and the litter.

SARAH
December 28th, 2007, 07:03 PM
How did I miss this thread? At least I got in on the new one ;)

Are there pics I've managed to miss as well, or will yoiu post those later (as in tomorrow, last chance)?

ancientgirl
December 28th, 2007, 07:41 PM
This is the only picture I have of her so far. I'll have to wait a bit to get something better. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday, if she's moving around her area a little more.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Czarina/008.jpg

StumpsMom
December 28th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Oh, such good news!!:highfive:

So, a healthy and happy Czarina gets a forever home with a wonderful, and loving mama:thumbs up

ancientgirl
December 28th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Yeah, but oh my goodness this is not going to be easy.

CyberKitten
December 28th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Hey that's great news!!!! :thumbs up

chico2
December 29th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Ancientgirl,I forgot she was a little Tortie,for some reason I thought Calico:shrug:
You will have a few frustrating days I am sure,lots of hissing etc..but don't despair,eventually they'll be ok together:pray:
My man always says,we made a mistake taking in Vinnie,although he loves Vinnie,but it did upset the relationship between Chico and Rocky.
Chico is now the odd cat out,but is compensated with lots of love and cuddles from us.
Also,you know every catowner here is ready with advice should you need it:goodvibes:

ancientgirl
December 29th, 2007, 12:39 PM
I thought about the odd number at first. But then I also thought about the personalities of the Fantastic Four.

Vlad is the most outgoing and Alpha kitty. He plays with everyone, rather bosses everyone around.

Oksana is the quiet observer. She only now and then plays with the others.

Maks is so far the most skittish. When people come over he disappears.

Kiska is very curious and she wants to do everything Vlad does.

I think the dynamic will work itself out in time. They'll all get their special time with me so everybody will feel like they are number one.:D