Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Nervous: Sadie's Spay

brandynva
December 26th, 2007, 10:53 PM
So we decided on Sadie. Shadow just wasn't a fit. I really liked it too.

I drop her off at the vet tomorrow morning for her spay. She'll be staying overnight, which makes me feel better. But I'm always nervous when one of my animals has surgery. She is such a hyper puppyish little thing, so it'll be a chore to keep her "down" for a few days. She loves to jump and do this twirly thing in the air when she is excited. Anyway, keep her in your thoughts and I will certainly post an update and some postop pictures. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
December 26th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Four hands of :fingerscr (and my toes...hubby can't cross his toes as well), and 32 crossed :pawprint:s for Sadie's quick recovery!

I know how you feel about surgery...the 10 days till recovery is always the longest 10 days of the year! :o But she'll do good! :thumbs up

:grouphug:

luckypenny
December 27th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Big :grouphug:s and :fingerscr and :goodvibes: for the quickest recovery for Sadie!

rainbow
December 27th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Lots of good wishes from the Rainbow House for a speedy recovery. :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

MarySmith
December 27th, 2007, 01:36 AM
Sadie will just fine, don't worry. Yes, I know that is easier said than done.

TeriM
December 27th, 2007, 02:03 AM
Good luck to Sadie for a quick, easy surgery and even faster recovery :goodvibes::fingerscr:goodvibes:.

hazelrunpack
December 27th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Good luck today, Sadie! :goodvibes: Do your Mommy proud and be a good girl at the vet and she'll spoil you rotten with you get home! :thumbs up Roscoe...share your cookies with that girl! :D

Frenchy
December 27th, 2007, 12:53 PM
so it'll be a chore to keep her "down" for a few days. She loves to jump and do this twirly thing in the air when she is excited.

Put the cone on her , it will limit her "hyperness" :D

ancientgirl
December 27th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Good luck to Sadie. I'm sure she will be fine. I'm drop off my little Kiska tomorrow morning. I leave her overnight too, I've left all of mine overnight. I prefer it.

brandynva
December 27th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Hmm, a cone. I wonder if the vet will give me one. I don't want her licking her wound either. She is a big time licker. I guess they'll observe that tonight when they keep her.

I just called the vet and she did fine. She is just now waking up and can go home tomorrow after 10. :D I will have to take plenty 'o' pictures when she gets home. They crack me up when they are all drugged up.

hazelrunpack
December 27th, 2007, 09:33 PM
WoooooHooooo, Sadie! :highfive:

Good job, Sadie! :thumbs up Be a good girl now and don't lick!

Frenchy
December 27th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Hmm, a cone. I wonder if the vet will give me one. I don't want her licking her wound either. She is a big time licker.

You will need one , don't take any chances , some of them like to lick and some of them like to pull on their stitches :frustrated: (Daisy was a master) even if you have to buy one , it's under $10.00 for that size of dog.

Lukka'sma
December 27th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Good job Sadie

brandynva
December 27th, 2007, 10:40 PM
You will need one , don't take any chances , some of them like to lick and some of them like to pull on their stitches :frustrated: (Daisy was a master) even if you have to buy one , it's under $10.00 for that size of dog.

Thanks guys.

Frenchy, I will definetly ask about a cone tomorrow. With her being a licker anyway, I don't think it's worth the risk.

I am just glad I got her before she went into her first heat cycle, so she is all nice and fixed without the health problems that go along with every heat. woo hoo! Plus we know for sure she's never had a litter. Anyway, just rambling at this point. :sleepy: