Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Send good Vibes please for Czarina

ancientgirl
December 26th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Tomorrow is my appointment for Czarina. She'll be seen at 3:15. I'm so scared. I am trying very hard to think positive.

I've been watching her whenever I go down to pet her and I've been telling myself she's a healthy kitty. She eats well, and she looks quite robust. I'm telling myself no kitty with anything bad can look that good.

If all is well with her health, then I pray she'll accept being given a home. I hope she doesn't miss being outside and likes the fact she's in a place that she's safe, gets plenty of food and doesn't have to worry about being too cold or too hot or getting rained on. I also hope she learns how to use the litter box with no issues, as I think that will be one of my challenges.

Winston
December 26th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Tomorrow is my appointment for Czarina. She'll be seen at 3:15. I'm so scared. I am trying very hard to think positive.

I've been watching her whenever I go down to pet her and I've been telling myself she's a healthy kitty. She eats well, and she looks quite robust. I'm telling myself no kitty with anything bad can look that good.

If all is well with her health, then I pray she'll accept being given a home. I hope she doesn't miss being outside and likes the fact she's in a place that she's safe, gets plenty of food and doesn't have to worry about being too cold or too hot or getting rained on. I also hope she learns how to use the litter box with no issues, as I think that will be one of my challenges.

I will be the first to wish you luck again! GOOD LUCK!

I think she will fit right in once she realises she is safe! and I dont really beleive that they miss it if they have 4 other kitties to play with!

What time is your appointment?

Cindy

Lukka'sma
December 26th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Sending good Vibes for Czarina:goodvibes::goodvibes::fingerscr

rainbow
December 26th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Lots of good wishes from the Rainbow House too. :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

ancientgirl
December 26th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Thanks guys!

Her appointment is 3:15 pm. I've already talked to the vet about her and she wanted to make sure she was the one to see her, she's the regular vet that sees all my babies. I've made her aware she's a stray, that has been outside for a while.

She even told me that she's seen lots of instances when an outside cat has done very well as an indoor kitty.

I'm hoping that since there are 4 kitties here she will like the company. I believe Maks and Kiska will probably be the first to be open to her. It's Vlad and Oksana I see taking more time.

Frenchy
December 26th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Don't worry , everything will be just fine !

My 2 kitties were homeless cats that Badger took care of , then I adopted them. They got used to being indoor cats , are now best friends and both of them even play with my dogs. They are the best cats. So don't you worry , Czarina will know it's for her own good. :cat:

CyberKitten
December 26th, 2007, 08:10 PM
I am sure everything will be fine- don't worry tho I know that's easy for me to sit here and say. I worry when I take my babies who are well cared for and never want for anything to the vet.

Good luck!! :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

ancientgirl
December 26th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Don't worry , everything will be just fine !

My 2 kitties were homeless cats that Badger took care of , then I adopted them. They got used to being indoor cats , are now best friends and both of them even play with my dogs. They are the best cats. So don't you worry , Czarina will know it's for her own good. :cat:

That's good to know. I'm thinking, she'll see how nice it is in here. She won't have to be afraid anymore about anything.

ancientgirl
December 26th, 2007, 08:19 PM
I am sure everything will be fine- don't worry tho I know that's easy for me to sit here and say. I worry when I take my babies who are well cared for and never want for anything to the vet.

Good luck!! :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

Thank you.

As soon as I get home from the vet I'll post. I have to go out early in the morning and get another litter box to put in the half bath for her and i want to get her a nice set of off the floor bowls like I have for the others.

StumpsMom
December 26th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Good Luck! But I'll betcha she'll be just fine :)

ancientgirl
December 26th, 2007, 09:14 PM
That's what I :pray: for. Thank you.

hazelrunpack
December 26th, 2007, 09:15 PM
We've got 4 hands of :fingerscr and 32 crossed :pawprint:s here that Czarina checks out okay at the vet! :goodvibes:

I've known a number of people who have picked up feral cats and converted them into house cats. So here's some :goodvibes: that Czarina converts easily! :D

JanM
December 26th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Best wishes for you and Czarina - I sure hope all goes well for you at the vet tomorrow!

growler~GateKeeper
December 27th, 2007, 12:00 AM
:goodvibes::fingerscr for tomorrow

My :cat: Duffy was an indoor/outdoor grrl for 14 years before her & I moved into the apt.....she refused to use a litterbox after starting to do her business outside.......that was one worry I had - when we moved here all I had to do was show her where the litterbox was & she went & did her thing w/out coaxing the first night we were here.....- no problem!

TeriM
December 27th, 2007, 02:35 AM
Good luck :goodvibes:.

ancientgirl
December 27th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm going to take the carrier down in a little bit.

Then, a little later go to the pet store and get another litter box for her. The first thing I'll do when I get her inside is put her in the box. I'm going to take the advice of someone else, and put a little "present" in there. That way she'll know what its fore.

chico2
December 27th, 2007, 08:57 AM
OH WOW! This is getting exciting:pray:that everything will work out ok for her:pray:
I am sure you already know the drill of introduction and that it could be a long process,but not always so..
I also know you will not give up,no matter how difficult it might become,you are wonderful for caring.
Czarina does not know it yet,but she is one lucky kitty:cat:

marko
December 27th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Wishing you plenty of good vibes as well :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes: but with the love she's already getting from you, it doesn't sound like she really needs it.

hazelrunpack
December 27th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Good luck today, ancientgirl! :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Kristin7
December 27th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Good luck and good vibes!! :fingerscr:goodvibes:

ancientgirl
December 27th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Thank you all! With all these good vibes, things can't work out any way but good!

I've already got a nice big litter box ready for her. I got her a very soft little bed and I got her the same kind of off the floor dishes I have for the others. I did forget a placemat, but no biggie, I can find something around here.

Once I bring her home I don't plan on going anywhere until I have to drop Kiska off tomorrow for her spay. I do have to be gone Friday most of the after noon though, but then Saturday, Sunday and probably Monday I'll just be home, so I think I should be able to make some good headway.

I think having the screen between them will be good. As i did with Kiska and then Maks, they will be able to see, smell and touch each other.

She allowed me this morning to fully pick her up and hold her for a few seconds, and she touched her little nose to mine. I thought that was a very good sign.

krdahmer
December 27th, 2007, 03:16 PM
oh I am so excited for you and Czarina!!! Best of luck, can't wait to get back home today and look back for news!! :goodvibes: :grouphug:

ancientgirl
December 27th, 2007, 04:51 PM
I'm going to post right now, I've got great news.

Love4himies
December 27th, 2007, 07:43 PM
We are waiting for the results!!

As for changing to an indoor only kitty, my newest was a stray for many months before she was taken to the humane society. I have had her since July, live in a beautiful wooded area with lots of birds and chipmunks and squirrels in my yard. Sweet Pea has not once asked to go outside, even after watching all the critters.

ancientgirl
December 27th, 2007, 07:49 PM
She's negative for all nasties. And she's been spayed!

It looks like she was someone's pet at some point in her life. The vet thinks she's around 3 or 4.

I made a new post with all the info.:D