Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A Fantastic Four Christmas!

ancientgirl
December 25th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Well, we all got up early, had some breakfast, and had some fun with our stockings!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Christmas%202007/Christmas2007013.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Christmas%202007/Christmas2007019.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Christmas%202007/Christmas2007020.jpg

I put some treats in the stockings. LOL, as you will note below, Vlad ate everyone's treats!

ancientgirl
December 25th, 2007, 05:25 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Christmas%202007/Christmas2007022.jpg

That's Vlad's butt, as he digs into someone else's stocking.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Christmas%202007/Christmas2007026.jpg

Oksana loved that little round toy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Christmas%202007/Christmas2007027.jpg

ancientgirl
December 25th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Here he is, caught on film!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Christmas%202007/Christmas2007028.jpg

Maks and Kiska looking for what to play with next.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Christmas%202007/Christmas2007030.jpg

And of course, the big boy guarding his own stash.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Christmas%202007/Christmas2007032.jpg

It was a great morning. I'm looking forward to next year and hopefully having one more little stocking. I will probably wind up buying them all bigger stockings LOL. To put more stuff in of course.

SARAH
December 25th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Such happy cats! If I were to do this with my two, the dogs would tear the toys to pieces and eat their treats, so I served them a gourmet breakfast each, all 4 of them, instead :D

ancientgirl
December 25th, 2007, 05:41 PM
That's nice too! Anything to include them in the holiday is wonderful!

SARAH
December 25th, 2007, 06:02 PM
For SURE, they smell all the nice things cooking and it's Christmas for them too after all. A spoonful og drippings diluted in warm water poured over the kibble is a treat like no one would believe! Or the jelly that form overnight, yummy (I don't salt, so they're ok). Or a little turkey skin cut up in that same kibble ... a dream meal for any dog :D

ancientgirl
December 25th, 2007, 06:52 PM
That's great, because they see us celebrating and doing stuff we don't normally do and they want to join in.

Dracko
December 25th, 2007, 07:49 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: Caught Vlad in that picture in the PINK stocking. Even if you hadn't said anything we'd have known he was "stealing" from one of the girls.

I can't believe how tall Max is getting! Kiska is certainly much smaller than he is. I just love her coloring. :lovestruck: It is so cool she has the little bits of orange to compliment her brother's coloring.

Dracko's favorite thing about Xmas was one of my nephew's stockings, I think. He looooooooooooooooves mint flavored things. If you have something mint in a bag you know when's he's found it as he'll come running up to you and it's like he's been chewing gum or eating a cough candy. Santa Claws brough my nephew some Mento's and he shared them with Dracko.

ancientgirl
December 25th, 2007, 07:59 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: Caught Vlad in that picture in the PINK stocking. Even if you hadn't said anything we'd have known he was "stealing" from one of the girls.

I can't believe how tall Max is getting! Kiska is certainly much smaller than he is. I just love her coloring. :lovestruck: It is so cool she has the little bits of orange to compliment her brother's coloring.

Dracko's favorite thing about Xmas was one of my nephew's stockings, I think. He looooooooooooooooves mint flavored things. If you have something mint in a bag you know when's he's found it as he'll come running up to you and it's like he's been chewing gum or eating a cough candy. Santa Claws brough my nephew some Mento's and he shared them with Dracko.

Oh yeah, he was in everyone's treats.

Maks is actually almost as tall as Oksana. He's certainly going to be as big as Vlad, that's for sure. Kiska I think is going to be a petite kitty, like Oksana. i like her coloring too. She's got these little spots, like Maks. But I'll tell you what, she may be small, but she doesn't let her brother push her around.:laughing:

My two girls are full of fire!:evil:

Dracko
December 25th, 2007, 08:05 PM
I know what you mean. Of my cats, Teiya, one of the kittens is the smallest. Even smaller than her sister. She has the LOUDEST cry. If you pick her up and she doesn't want to be...watch out! She'll let you know. She has no idea she is smaller than that others. :goodvibes:

ancientgirl
December 25th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Funny you should say that, because Kiska is not only the smallest, but she is by far the most vocal of all of my little ones.

want4rain
December 25th, 2007, 09:01 PM
:cloud9: how cute!! Nuria, you have some of the cutest kitties ever!!! i have a single stocking made for the 'CATS' of the family but i made Misters just for him ( ie it doesnt say DOGS!! lol!). everyone here got dinner left overs and raw turkey parts before we cooked. they were *quite* happy with their Christmas. :) love love loved their toys. :) the Meowkins got their fave mice and Mister got an Evil Cuz.

-ash

oh and i got the rhinovirus. yay.

ancientgirl
December 25th, 2007, 09:20 PM
:cloud9: how cute!! Nuria, you have some of the cutest kitties ever!!! i have a single stocking made for the 'CATS' of the family but i made Misters just for him ( ie it doesnt say DOGS!! lol!). everyone here got dinner left overs and raw turkey parts before we cooked. they were *quite* happy with their Christmas. :) love love loved their toys. :) the Meowkins got their fave mice and Mister got an Evil Cuz.

-ash

oh and i got the rhinovirus. yay.

Thank you! I feel like a proud parent. When I was at my brother's house, his sister in law who lives with him and his wife, was just gushing over the card! And she said she's not even a cat person. But she said they were all just so cute.

Next year I'm going to get them bigger stockings. These worked out really well, since they fit the little shelf I put up. But next year, I'll have more time to figure our where I can put stockings and maybe a tree.

I'm just so happy I had them to share my Christmas with. I remember last year I was alone in my apartment, but to wake up and see them with their little stockings was such a thrill for me. It made me very happy.

I imagine its cold as heck where you are. Take care of yourself so as not to get any sicker.

allymack
December 25th, 2007, 09:21 PM
aww cute! i must say your cas are pretty sleek and slim looking, compared to my pudgy little kitty, he used to be slim ad sleek like that but then he ogt the big snip:rolleyes: but anyways great pics :)

ancientgirl
December 25th, 2007, 09:29 PM
aww cute! i must say your cas are pretty sleek and slim looking, compared to my pudgy little kitty, he used to be slim ad sleek like that but then he ogt the big snip:rolleyes: but anyways great pics :)

Thank you. Vlad is actually the biggest one of the bunch so far. He's about 12 pounds, but I don't think he'll get beyond that. Oksana only just reached 8 pounds. I have stairs where I live so I'm happy they like to go up and down a lot, they get a little exercise at least. LOL.

Maks just got snipped, and Kiska will get fixed this Friday. I expect Maks to be a big boy, like Vlad, but I don't think Kiska will grow a whole lot. I would like her to gain a little since she's all of 3 pounds.

brandynva
December 25th, 2007, 09:57 PM
You have beautiful cats. There is something special about a sleek black kitty. I've always wanted one. :cloud9: Merry Christmas!

ancientgirl
December 26th, 2007, 06:42 AM
Thank you. Black cats have always been my obsession. I am lucky to have two very beautiful kitties.

chico2
December 26th, 2007, 09:12 AM
WOW,great Christmassy pics,the kittens have grown so fast,look great:thumbs up
Mine were all excited with all the people here and all that yummy turkey,luckily our guests were also catowners:cat:
I was too darn busy to take pics:shrug:

SARAH
December 26th, 2007, 10:08 AM
MIL freaks when she sees a cat, yet she managed to sit still with the kitten running around being ... a kitten :laughing: and she watched the cats and dogs interact with great awe and a few "they'll kill the kitten" which would not have happened. She even touched the kitten with the end of one finger!! I'll convert her yet :D or at least have her relax around the cats.

Our dogs she's fine with though. So surprised that they don't "bother" with each other but just co-exist and play a little and eat from the same bowl (actually, they eat from their own, then switch to see if the other left a tid-bit, lol), so we're welcome to bring them both to the country house :)

Dani just gave us both a heart-attck, letting out a very sudden and loud bark at ... a black squirrel next to the car! Poor squirrel, and poor us! :laughing:

ancientgirl
December 26th, 2007, 02:27 PM
WOW,great Christmassy pics,the kittens have grown so fast,look great:thumbs up
Mine were all excited with all the people here and all that yummy turkey,luckily our guests were also catowners:cat:
I was too darn busy to take pics:shrug:

Maks has grown a lot. Kiska is still so small. I see her as such a tiny thing. I'm hoping she gains some good weight soon.

Frenchy
December 26th, 2007, 04:24 PM
LOL, as you will note below, Vlad ate everyone's treats!

Smart kitty :D they look just like kids unwrapping their gifts :D

ancientgirl
December 26th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Oh yes, they were just like kids. They didn't know what they wanted to play with first.

Next year, I'm getting them bigger stockings!

JanM
December 26th, 2007, 05:09 PM
You have some pretty happy kitties there! I had to smile at the reference to "sleek black kitties"... Shadow is black but he misses the sleek part... He is a bit on the heavy side - he's at 14 lbs.

Love your sneak thief!

ancientgirl
December 26th, 2007, 05:47 PM
LOL, well Vlad is tipping the scales at about 12 pound right now. But I don't think he's going to get much beyond that. He's been steady at 12 for a while.

I'd like to think the are all very happy. And next year will be better because I'm going to make them a nice special breakfast. They love ham and eggs, so I think that would be a nice Christmas breakfast for us all.

SARAH
December 26th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Strange how so many people shy away from black cats, and here you are looking them up, seeking them out and "collecting" them :)

Good for you, they are as adorable as any other color pussycat!

ancientgirl
December 26th, 2007, 06:09 PM
I've always absolutely loved black cats and I've always wanted one. When I decided I was again ready to bring a pet into my life, I never even thought about any other cat but a black one. Vlad came into my life and I thank the heavens for that, because I love him so dearly. Oksana came into my life a month later and was the only all black kitty in her litter. She never took her eyes off of my the two times I went to see her, so I knew she's come home with me.

They were the only two I actually planned. LOL, I'm like a pregnant woman. Maks and Kiska just happened, and it turns out, I also have always wanted an orange kitty and a little calico or Tortie. Now hopefully tomorrow, if all checks out with stray kitty Czarina, I'm going to have all the kitties I've ever wanted.

I consider myself truly blessed to share my home with these wonderful little creatures.:cloud9:

JanM
December 26th, 2007, 06:17 PM
[QUOTE=ancientgirl;520109
I'd like to think the are all very happy. And next year will be better because I'm going to make them a nice special breakfast. They love ham and eggs, so I think that would be a nice Christmas breakfast for us all.[/QUOTE]

I think you should practice the breakfast a few times - just to make sure you have it right for next Christmas. I'm sure the kitties would love to help you - they could let you know how much they like it - each time you try it :laughing::laughing::laughing:

ancientgirl
December 26th, 2007, 06:34 PM
LOL, after I wrote that I realized, heck, why wait!

I've made myself ham and cheese omelette's before and they go nuts. They really love eggs, which is great because I know its a good source of protein for them.

Since I'm home all day for a few more days, I'm going to get some eggs and ham and cheese tomorrow at the grocery store. We can all have a nice breakfast on Sunday morning.

I've got to take Kiska in Friday morning to get spayed, so she'll be staying overnight and won't be home until Saturday afternoon. So Sunday the gang will all be here, and of course a nice New Years breakfast is in order too.

Winston
December 26th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Hi Ancientgirl! Love the x-mas pics! looks like you had a very special day! They are are so wonderful together! Is tomorrow the big day for Czarina? or is that next week?

Cindy

ancientgirl
December 26th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Hey there! They had a great time, and so did I watching them.

I hope you had an equally great time with your furry butts.

Tomorrow is the day for Czarina. I'm very afraid. I don't want to think negatively, but I just don't want anything to be wrong with her. Worms I can deal with, but FIV or something like that I think I'll just break down right there.

I want to make her a part of the gang so badly.

Winston
December 26th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Hey Listen...no matter what happens you will make sure she is safe...even if she has something...the important thing to rmember is that she will be off the street regardless of which home she ends up in. Yours or another...there are many that will adopt cats with FIV....You said the vet will help out...I am sure everything will work out in the long run...I look forward to hearing about her capture and exam! You should try to entice her to eat in the cage you are transporter her in! kind of entice her in there so it is less tramatic...I think everything is going to be just fine with her! Something just tells me that~! after all she has been patiently waiting for you to come and get her I am sure!

Good Luck

Cindy

Yeah! Czarina its your last night outside!! yippee!

ancientgirl
December 26th, 2007, 07:54 PM
One of the care takers is going to put her in the carrier for me. I'm taking it downstairs. She is friendly with him and the other guy that works here, and they have been feeding her the food I gave them for her. She hangs out in their office and he's told me she sometimes jumps on their laps and lets them pet her. So she trusts them. I'll tell him to put a little bit of food in the carrier though. I'm also going to have a little cushion in there which smells like my kitties, so she can at least get used to their smell.

growler~GateKeeper
December 26th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Love the pic of Vlad with his head in the stocking = Priceless! :D

rainbow
December 26th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Love the pic of Vlad with his head in the stocking = Priceless! :D

Hee hee....I agree. :D Kitties are so much fun to watch "open" their presents. :cloud9:

Smiley14
December 27th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Oh, I LOVE these pics!!!! The kitties look so happy! :lovestruck:

TeriM
December 27th, 2007, 02:34 AM
Those are all great pics, they certainly enjoyed their Christmas :cloud9:.

ancientgirl
December 27th, 2007, 07:32 AM
They did have a wonderful time.

LOL, that pink stocking picture is one of my favorites, along with Vlad sitting on his stocking to keep everyone away from it.:D

roccoisus
December 29th, 2007, 02:21 PM
so very cute kind of looked like our house except we only have 2 Asia is our Christmas cat she loves Christmas I took pictures and will post later don't have them on the computer yet. Thanks for sharing your meowy Christmas :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
December 29th, 2007, 02:49 PM
They had a wonderful time.

I'm looking forward to seeing your Christmas pictures.