Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I am Legend, great movie!!

shredy
December 24th, 2007, 02:50 PM
We went and saw this last night and I have to say Will Smith did an amazing job acting in this movie. His co-star was a beautiful German Shepard named Sam and although the premise of the movie is not about the dog, I have to say that I was moved by the way they portrayed his relationship and bond with his dog. Their relationship was along the lines of the way all of us feel about our fuzzbuts! It's nice to see Hollywood showing animals in this light.

I recommend this movie highly!

SARAH
December 24th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Mental note made! Thanks for that tip, there are so few good movies with animals in them!

Stacer
December 24th, 2007, 03:17 PM
I saw this movie a couple weeks ago and I loved it too!

I didn't know it was based on a book written in the 50s, nor did I know that there has already been two movies made based on the book, The Last Man on Earth and The Omega Man (starring Charlton Heston). I read some reviews of the movie after I saw it and it seems that those that have read the book say this adaptation is horrible and wasn't very true to the story, although they all seem to agree that Will Smith is a great actor and played his part well. I still thought it was a good movie.

The dog was fantastic and I loved the relationship between her and Robert Neville. Very touching.

I asked for the book for xmas. It's called I am Legend by Richard Matheson, if anyone's interested. He also wrote a book that was made into a movie starring Robin Williams, What Dreams May Come.

Byrd
December 24th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Been wanting to see this! Unfortunately, I have to wait until most movies come out on The Movie Network before seeing them due to the theatre cost, and most of my friends don't have the same tastes in movies as I do. :rolleyes:

SARAH
December 24th, 2007, 03:25 PM
And there is also the problem of others talking, snickering, crunching snacks, blocking the view forward or kicking you in the back, the non-pausing option if you have to go pee ...

I prefer seeing them at home :D

Byrd
December 24th, 2007, 03:32 PM
True, true.

badger
December 24th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Oh Sarah, I so agree. I never feel more like a crochety old lady than when I am at the movies. Although during Babel last Christmas you could have heard a pin drop and the silence afterward was impressive. Great film, btw, Brad Pitt rises above his many weaknesses - well, pretty much; his looks are against him - and everyone else is at least as good and often better (Blanchett).