Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Happy Anniversary, Willow

Byrd
December 24th, 2007, 08:50 AM
At around 3:00 pm today we have been together for three years (time flies).

My ex and I were living together at the time and on around November 15 he stated that he had found my Christmas gift, but wouldn't tell me what it was, six days later we went for a 'country drive' and ended up at someone's house. We went inside this stranger's house and there was a litter of nine day old puppies "this is her" they said handing me one. I was stunned because he didn't want a dog. There were only two females and the other was spoken for (ended up being kept by the breeder and then my ex actually ended up with her 11 months later and she is now known as Phoenix). We went up several times during the next six weeks to see our baby.

We went to pick her up on Christmas eve, she wailed the whole way home, and finally after about half an hour shoved her head into the crook of my arm and fell asleep. When we got into the house I took her straight into the yard, we had our bonding moment out there, she was running around and I called her and she came running over, tail wagging, and jumped up on my leg, it was an amazing feeling.... she loves me! It has been an amazing three years since, lots of challenges, lots of good times, and I hope for many, many more years to come.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5299/imgp4580zw2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Disclaimer: Yes, I know that we broke many "rules" with obtaining her, and I am not condoning Christmas pups, taking a pup at six weeks, or BYB's. It's just the way it happened. :shrug:

SARAH
December 24th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Not all Christmas puppies are bad aquisitions, if the motivations are good, go for it :thumbs up

Happy dogaversary :D

ancientgirl
December 24th, 2007, 11:01 AM
She's just beautiful. And what a smile. Many happy Christmas' for you and her!

Byrd
December 24th, 2007, 11:12 AM
She is definitely a happy girl! That's my alltime favourite picture of her, don't know why, maybe because it's what I see everyday.

I know not all Christmas puppies are bad, it's not like we bought her for a kid, I was 30 when we got her, and it's not like it was sprung on me or I didn't want a dog and ended up with one. She was really, really wanted.

brandynva
December 24th, 2007, 11:21 AM
She is adorable and it is obvious you are a good mom. :thumbs up Happy Dogaversary!

rainbow
December 24th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Happy Anniversary Willow !!!

joeysmama
December 24th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Happy Anniversary Willow !!!

(And I think the Christmas pup rule applies to impulse buys by people who just want to make their kids happy for a day but don't want to take responsibility for the dog's entire life. Not all Christmas puppies are a bad idea. And I really really hope my husband is reading this--LOL !:laughing:)

Byrd
December 24th, 2007, 03:21 PM
I can anonymously send this to your hubby if you want. :p

luckypenny
December 24th, 2007, 04:30 PM
WHAT :eek: ? You brought a puppy home for Christmas?!?!?!?

Cool :D . Willow and Penny share the same anniversary date :thumbs up . Bet you it was probably one of your best Christmases ever :cloud9:. Happy anniversary Byrd and Willow!

Byrd
December 24th, 2007, 04:38 PM
It sure was great.... busy, but great!!!

Lukka'sma
December 24th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Hope you had a wonderful anniversary Willow

Frenchy
December 24th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Happy anniversary Willow , tell your mom : double the treats :D

Byrd
December 24th, 2007, 05:51 PM
She did, she had a bath and feels so nice and fresh! :thumbs up

So, I noticed watching the video of her first days home that some habits are totally ingrained right from the beginning. She did things then that she still does now, things that are totally personal to her.

Also she recognized my ex's voice and she hasn't heard it in over a year, the memory!

argo2001
December 24th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Happy Anniversary Willow! She sure is a beautiful dog and Willow is such a pretty name!

Byrd
December 24th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Thank you Argo, I tried to be as original as I could with the name.

hazelrunpack
December 24th, 2007, 10:08 PM
happy happy anniversary, Willow! :dog:

Wow, the whole spa thing--a grooming, a bath and someone to wait on her hand and foot... :cloud9:

Way to go, Willow! You've got your Mom well-trained! :highfive: :D

Byrd
December 24th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Yes, and she even had her nails done.

growler~GateKeeper
December 24th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Happy anniversary Willow & Byrd - I love that pic too :lovestruck: she's adorable