Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Happy Gotcha Day Penny!

luckypenny
December 23rd, 2007, 11:17 PM
Today marks our first year anniversary of the day you literally charged into my life. I'll never forget the evening you jumped out of the rescue van and came straight for me, jumping and kissing. I'll never forget our first walk and the first time you sat on my feet, leaned against me, and looked into my eyes. I'll never forget the promise I then made to you in finding you a home before Christmas. I'll never forget how bittersweet the feeling was when I learned you had been adopted, and how disappointed we were to hear, a week later, that the people had changed their minds. And I'll never forget the moment I jumped into the car happily crying because I knew you were coming home, for good. Our very best Christmas present ever!

Penny, thank you for helping give Lucky comfort when he was anxious. Thank you for making Daddy fall in love with you (when he thought you were only going to stay a couple of days :rolleyes:...well, we had to trick him somehow, but that's our little secret ;)). Thank you for being such a wonderful friend to Ava and making her feel right at home. Thank you for teaching Big Brother some bigger lessons in responsibility. And thank you for claiming the Sandman as your own, comforting him when he's sad and bringing many smiles to his face. But most of all, thank you for all the joy and laughter and new challenges you've added to our family...your forever family. We love you Pennygirl :lovestruck: !

TeriM
December 24th, 2007, 12:48 AM
That was a beautiful tribute :lovestruck:. You are very blessed to have found each other :grouphug:.

I love those pictures :cloud9:.

rainbow
December 24th, 2007, 12:58 AM
LP, your tribute brought tears to my eyes and now I can't even think of what to say. :o

The first thing that comes to mind is....WOW, you have done wonders for her.......just look at her beautiful shiny coat. :cloud9: :thumbs up And, I just love the last pic. :lovestruck:

luckypenny
December 24th, 2007, 01:03 AM
You are very blessed to have found each other :grouphug:.

We are :) . I believe it was fate :o .

WOW, you have done wonders for her...

As she's done for us, individually, and as a family. She's our little goof-girl :lovestruck: . Not perfect, but perfect for us.

rainbow
December 24th, 2007, 01:22 AM
As she's done for us, individually, and as a family. She's our little goof-girl :lovestruck: . Not perfect, but perfect for us.

:thumbs up :lovestruck: :cloud9: :thumbs up

luckypenny
December 24th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I wasn't able to spend the day with her (had to work :frustrated:) but made it up by serving her a gourmet dinner :D ....Fresh duck served with sweet potatoes and green beans accompanied by a green salad and some wine...ok, it was apple cider vinegar but she can't tell the difference :laughing: . Of course Lucky and Ava were invited to the feast although my skin family didn't want to partake in the meal :confused: ...unless I cooked it :rolleyes: :laughing: .

Byrd
December 24th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Aaaawwww lucky Penny... no pun intended.

luckypenny
December 24th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Aaaawwww lucky Penny... no pun intended.

:laughing:

argo2001
December 24th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Happy Gotya day to You and Penny!!!!!!!!

SARAH
December 24th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Next year, someone will say that about Ben abd the new lonely Golden boy :fingerscr

Happy, happy day to you and Penny !!!

Winston
December 24th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Penny!

Woof!

Cindy

the sandman
December 24th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Happy Gotcha Day pal :dog: . I'm so happy we did.

JanM
December 24th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Seems to me you and Penny were sure meant for each other! Happy day to everyone :D

hazelrunpack
December 24th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Happy gotcha day, Penny! :dog: The Pack sends felicitations and congratulations! (Okay, so actually they send lots of excited barks, but I think that's what they mean :o)

I'll bet she's pretty happy you did, too, Sandman! :thumbs up (Merry Christmas!)

growler~GateKeeper
December 24th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Penny & family - sure was the perfect match :highfive: :lovestruck: I think she knew right from the first leap outta the van ;)

luckypenny
December 25th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Next year, someone will say that about Ben abd the new lonely Golden boy :fingerscr

I certainly hope so too :fingerscr . If people only knew that if they stick it out through all the thick and thin of it, their lives would be so enriched beyond belief.

Happy Gotcha Day pal :dog: . I'm so happy we did.

Does that mean we can delay your repeated/never-ending requests for a Shih Tzu for a while, honey :p ?

I think she knew right from the first leap outta the van ;)

At the risk of sounding a little nutty :o , I honestly think she did. From the instant we met, there was this immediate bonding. There would always be so many people and dogs available to distract her but she just 'stuck' to me. Every time I went to the shelter, I'd make sure she was the last dog I'd walk and play with because I didn't want to become too attached to her :o . Needless to say, it didn't work :D .