Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kind of confused with dog foods

Pupetta-Yoko
December 22nd, 2007, 03:31 PM
Ok I have two female dogs one is a chihuahua/pomeranian mix (12lb) and the other one a puppy havanese/chihuahua mix (7lb) they are currently on innova evo which I just read about one person who found that they used dog meat not sure if its true. Now what do you guys recommend wellness they liked the chicken one but not loved it like they love evo or what about wellness core which is similar to evo...
thanks

rainbow
December 22nd, 2007, 03:53 PM
I don't know where you heard that Innova EVO uses dog food but I highly doubt that it is true.

Personally, I prefer Orijen (www.championpetfoods.com) if you can get it. :pawprint:

wdawson
December 22nd, 2007, 04:11 PM
there are alot of good foods out there....canadea all life stages is one you can try....i personally feed all life stages to my pup.......the other two eat timberwolf organics.

mika140
December 22nd, 2007, 04:20 PM
I'd also doubt the rumor. I've heard of a few kibble companies that also own rendering plants and there might be speculation because the company is shady to begin with.....but I've never heard any confirmation that any kibble company uses dog meat to make kibble. And Innova (the makers of EVO) has such a good reputation that I doubt they'd compromise it. I'm also curious where the rumor came from. Personally, unless there's some major official announcement about the kibble, I'd stick with EVO if your dogs like it and are doing well.