Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Made In China

shirley1011
December 22nd, 2007, 09:49 AM
I was just on the International Humane Society site after trying to look at the Canadian Humane Society's (which has been hijacked)....most disturbed with the article on dog and cat pelts from CHINA...some raised for this and others stolen and inhumanely slaughtered.
China is taking over the world with trade and extinguishing all our manufacturing jobs....we need to boycott wherever we can but particularly these fur products that were once pets.
Sorry for the rant but it was bad enough loosing jobs to China but pets too!

CearaQC
December 22nd, 2007, 09:51 AM
They've been doing it for a few years unfortunately. Ticks me off.

14+kitties
December 22nd, 2007, 09:52 AM
I totally agree!! A few months back there was a news article about a truck being stopped that was loaded with 800 cats. Wonder where it was going! :loser:s the bunch of them. I boycott all I can coming out of China. :mad:

Winston
December 22nd, 2007, 10:31 AM
IT makes me sick too! I saw a video and article about their preparations for the upcoming Olympics! culling all the dogs around the area..Yeah real nice...they beat them to death...it was sickening! Only dogs they want around are the military dogs...cant even imagine how they treat them!

Sorry for the rant!

Cindy

ancientgirl
December 22nd, 2007, 01:08 PM
I agree, I think that there is plenty of jobs to be done here. Why are we trading so much with China? They are a self sufficient country anyway.

It's disgusting that they raise dogs and cats just to slaughter them.:mad:

MarySmith
December 26th, 2007, 07:48 PM
I agree, I think that there is plenty of jobs to be done here. Why are we trading so much with China?

China now owns the economy because we have borrowed way too much money from them to finance the war on terror.

argo2001
December 26th, 2007, 09:59 PM
I saw a thing on the news last week that showed puppy mills being started up in Asia and Europe with the goal being to sell these puppy mill dogs on the internet to people that think the dogs are from here. It was a very sad and scary report.

SARAH
December 26th, 2007, 11:29 PM
I won't buy anything that says made in China, and if it says manufactured in Elsewhere I leave it too - the unfinished product could be Chinese and they don't want to admit it! If a manufacturer/ producer is honest, he'll clearly state where the goods come from!

Kristin7
December 27th, 2007, 12:02 PM
How do you find anything to buy? I decided to read the tags on the gifts this year - seems like 90-95% of everything is 'made in china'. I did find a toy that said 'designed in Italy - made in China'. ugh!

clm
December 27th, 2007, 07:04 PM
They've been using dog fur for the pretty fur around hoods and collars for years too :mad:
I make a concious effort to not buy things made in China. It's not easy and it's going to get harder. China and India are the cheap labour countries of choice and will be for some time to come I'm afraid.

Cindy

ancientgirl
December 27th, 2007, 07:25 PM
That's incredibly disturbing. I don't buy anything with fur on it, fake or otherwise of course. But I'll tell you this, from now on I'm going to look at the label of everything I buy, just in case.

wdawson
December 27th, 2007, 07:37 PM
That's incredibly disturbing. I don't buy anything with fur on it, fake or otherwise of course. But I'll tell you this, from now on I'm going to look at the label of everything I buy, just in case.

good luck....your gonna be very busy......just because it says made in the USA or CANADA.....the parts where made in china.....made in only means assembled:rolleyes:

ancientgirl
December 27th, 2007, 07:41 PM
If I was thinner, I'd consider walking around nekkid.:D

wdawson
December 27th, 2007, 07:47 PM
If I was thinner, I'd consider walking around nekkid.:D

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

kiara
December 29th, 2007, 05:37 PM
IT IS ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGEOUS HOW SOME OF THE CHINESE TREAT ANIMALS AND YOU WOULD THINK THAT PEOPLE WHO HAVE 3 THOUSAND YEAR OLD TRADITIONS WOULD ACT LIKE THIS, IS VERY SURPRISING!!!! Many products are made in China and other countries for very low wages. Probably working in horrible conditions, to produce as much as posible in a day, probably working six days a week. We are creating jobs for these people and giving them a living. They are paying a price for all this, since their air and water is getting heavily polluted. Their lives are at risk. And since we don't know of the contents of these products, our lives could be at risk too. Our world has changed in the last 25-30 years. We should therefore be prepared to pay more for products, manufacture them in our own countries, give our own people jobs and then we can have control over what goes into them. And also have control over the pollution that is created from manufacturing.

budboybudboy77
January 2nd, 2008, 09:28 PM
I agree with post, China is taking over the world , and killing our animals and people off slowly in the west to their awful cancer filled products.
I try to stay away from anything China made ,which is hard because it seems everything is made in China because of the cheap labour , and low prices on their goods to make these things.We need jobs over here but it seems like the business (economy )would rather see us with crappy low paying jobs because the same jobs the chinese do ,over here we would get paid 1-20 times more.

The way they treat their animals is awful also, I saw this news report on how they have cages of cats in the back of their restaurants and the client can come over and pick which cat they want for their main course.It really is sickening , and to think the Olympics are over there, this is one Olympic games in Beijing I will be boycotting from my tv.

Mamakicia
January 2nd, 2008, 10:11 PM
... preparations for the upcoming Olympics!

Interestingly, I've heard that because the air is so polluted in Beijing, that the American athletes will be staying in Korea and will be flown in to Beijing daily. Probably a good idea for athletes who are not used to such crappy air. :yuck: I wonder if the Canadians will follow suit.

I've also read that China wants to be the number one exporter/provider of produce and agricultural goods on a global scale. So use your savvy shopping caution at the vegetable market too. For example, most garlic comes from China. I recently found some at Costco that was grown in California, so I stocked up and have been giving some to all my friends and family! :grouphug: At the supermarket a few weeks ago, I was looking at pomelos. The label actually said, "from non-polluted Chinese agriculture". Sounds like Animal Farm propaganda to me... :mad:

wdawson
January 2nd, 2008, 10:30 PM
as long as people keep shopping at walmart and the dollar stores......their will be a market for made in china crap.....people need to realize that quality comes at a price....not saying north american is quality,they have a way too go,maybe follow in the japanese foot steps:rolleyes: