Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A sneak peek

erykah1310
December 22nd, 2007, 08:43 AM
Well thanks to Rottielover (much much appreiciated by the way) for helping me be sure to get answers I wanted and helping me to find questions to ask to ensure this is no fly by night byb by helping me find people to contact and reminding me to call kennel clubs to check the breeders "standing" with them all and so on.
I have made a decision.
We are heading up to pick her up in the new year ( the holidays are too much of an obstacle for both the breeder and us)
Here are some recent pics of the "little" gurl for a tease.

"Hello everyone, why are you looking at me like that?"
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Dogs/IMG_8543.jpg

"So temporary mum tells me you live that way huh?"
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Dogs/IMG_8552.jpg

"best sit very pretty to show you all how per-dy I am"
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Dogs/IMG_8559.jpg

I dont like her "name" now, so fire off some name suggestions, all will be considered.

chico2
December 22nd, 2007, 08:53 AM
OMG Erykah,she's sooo cute:lovestruck:
I am so lame when it comes to names..I look at her and Tiny comes to mind,but I am sure someone will come up with a pretty feminine name,although she look like a bear:laughing:

erykah1310
December 22nd, 2007, 08:59 AM
Guy so far has come up with "friend" and "Tippy"
Im not listening to him, he wanted to call Mr.Floyd, a pretty nasty name since Guy had saved him from the yellow line on highway 17 during rush hour... I wasnt having it.

Winston
December 22nd, 2007, 09:10 AM
Shes is beautiful! Is she the TM you were discussing before? I like the name Niska or Nika or even a Maggie....whatever you choose she is gorgeous!

Cindy

erykah1310
December 22nd, 2007, 09:18 AM
Yeah shes the same one from earlier:cloud9:

chico2
December 22nd, 2007, 09:21 AM
I like Kita(my sons JRT)from Nakita..

Rottielover
December 22nd, 2007, 09:22 AM
You are very welcome. As I said before I got burned, and learned the hard way. So I am very anal now, LOL
Harley is drooling looking at her. Bet he won't be drooling as much when he realizes she will be bigger than him, come august.
I can not wait to meet the gang. Harley will be really enjoying himself :)

erykah1310
December 22nd, 2007, 09:23 AM
I already have a Nikita (Kita) so two with the same name may confuse them, but I too really like that name.
Perhaps something that goes nicely with Kita but also shows strength and "gurl power":D

erykah1310
December 22nd, 2007, 09:25 AM
Rottielover, I just cant stress how helpful it was having non "in love" eyes looking at things as well.
It really helps getting some outside opinions on breeders, and reminding someone who is love struck to check things out more throughly.
Many many thank you's!!!!:highfive:

Rottielover
December 22nd, 2007, 09:26 AM
you are welcome.
I still love Zulu, or Zula, LOL

CearaQC
December 22nd, 2007, 09:44 AM
Not sure why I feel this way...:goodvibes: but that girl is just crying out for a Hindu name! Yes I know she's Tibetan...but still. :laughing:

http://hinduism.about.com/library/babynames/bl-fbabynames-s.htm

14+kitties
December 22nd, 2007, 09:46 AM
Shes is beautiful! Is she the TM you were discussing before? I like the name Niska or Nika or even a Maggie....whatever you choose she is gorgeous!

Cindy

Cindy....... what is it with you and Nika? :laughing::laughing::laughing:
I already graced my newest arrrival with that name thanks to you and here you are "giving" it away again. :laughing::laughing: :D

I like this site for names..............
http://petrix.com/dognames/

And erykah...... she looks like a Bliss to me. :cloud9:

brandynva
December 22nd, 2007, 10:29 AM
She is a doll! And this may be a stupid question, but what kind is she? I love the fluffy look. :cloud9:

I like Misha. hehe

erykah1310
December 22nd, 2007, 10:31 AM
She's a Tibetan Mastiff.

krdahmer
December 22nd, 2007, 10:43 AM
Ursula means little she-bear, she kinda looks like an Ursula to me. Or Ursus, from the proper name for the Tibetan Black Bear... Ursus thibetanus.

Whatever you name her she is adorable and she looks so squishable!!!:lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
December 22nd, 2007, 11:04 AM
I gotta agree with krdahmer--Ursula fits her :D Very dignified. Just like the little lady...and it'll still suit her when she's big and strong! :dog:

She's beautiful, erykah! You must be chompin' at the bit to bring her home! :grouphug:

erykah1310
December 22nd, 2007, 12:18 PM
She's beautiful, erykah! You must be chompin' at the bit to bring her home! :grouphug:

Oh you have no idea, I think I have chomped through the bit by now.

I too like Ursula... but not sure yet. Once she gets here it will be easier.

ancientgirl
December 22nd, 2007, 01:05 PM
What a lovely girl. I like Ursula, but she looks like a Tibby to me too.

JanM
December 22nd, 2007, 01:12 PM
She is absolutely gorgeous! I can't come up with any names but I'm sure drooling over her :D You are one very fortunate lady!

Stacer
December 22nd, 2007, 01:45 PM
She's gorgeous, You're lucky. I'm very jealous. I've been trying to convince the man to get a dog (he wants to wait until we're in a bigger place), so when someone else gets one, I turn green.:frustrated:

I can't wait to see more pics when you get her home.

Frenchy
December 22nd, 2007, 02:04 PM
What a cute fluffy little girl :cloud9: I'm good at housebreaking dogs Erykah , you could send her here and I'll ship her back to you in a few months , promise ! :whistle:

badger
December 22nd, 2007, 02:12 PM
OMG so kissable. Dorje (DOR-gee) means thunderbolt in Tibetan. Or you could call her after the Dalai-Lama - Tenzin (TEN-zin) - very auspicious - she's a girl, but nobody needs to know :).

Frenchy
December 22nd, 2007, 02:22 PM
How about a french name ? Like Janique or Charlotte (I like Charlotte better in french :o)

hazelrunpack
December 22nd, 2007, 02:26 PM
:sorry:...:offtopic: Charlotte is different in french? :confused:

Stacer
December 22nd, 2007, 03:58 PM
It's all in where you put the emphasis, Hazel

TeriM
December 22nd, 2007, 04:07 PM
She's beautiful :cloud9:. It may sound wierd to you but I saw her and thought Panda would be a great name.

rainbow
December 22nd, 2007, 05:38 PM
What a little fluffball.....she is gorgeous. :cloud9: Brain can't think of a name right now to add to your list. :o

SARAH
December 22nd, 2007, 06:15 PM
OMG so kissable. Dorje (DOR-gee) means thunderbolt in Tibetan. Or you could call her after the Dalai-Lama - Tenzin (TEN-zin) - very auspicious - she's a girl, but nobody needs to know :).

I agree, it should be some Tibetan word. Tenzin is ok, not many people know it's the Dalai Lama as he's more often referred to by his title anyway. Dorje may be more fitting :) when you think ahead to her adult voice :D

How about Lotus? The lotus flower is supposedly symbolizing zen feelings, no? I will google a bit, brb!

SARAH
December 22nd, 2007, 06:18 PM
http://www.tibbies.net/reference/tibnames.html

OK, it's for the spaniel, but the Tibetan names are the same regardless!

angel.................... po-nya
appetite................. so-tang or tang-ka Tang-ka, close to Katanka, part of Sitting Bul's name :)
beautiful................ tseepo, dzaybo, or bzanba

OK, my guests are here, ttyl :D

erykah1310
December 22nd, 2007, 06:24 PM
I love the name Lotus, but my friends dogs names are Lotus and Latchme... both those names would fit her wonderfully though...

rainbow
December 22nd, 2007, 06:34 PM
Here's a list of some pretty good names :thumbs up ....

http://lowchensaustralia.com/names/tibetan.htm

rainbow
December 22nd, 2007, 06:42 PM
Lasya is Tibetan for Goddess of Beauty.

And Tara is Tibetan for Mother Goddess.

erykah1310
December 22nd, 2007, 06:56 PM
Oooh I like Lasya

rainbow
December 22nd, 2007, 07:06 PM
I do too. :thumbs up It's different and "goddess of beauty" seems so fitting. :lovestruck:

erykah1310
December 22nd, 2007, 07:16 PM
I like Indira as well... Its another name for Lakshmi ( apparently I spelt that wrong) which is a goddess, beauty and splendor.

rainbow
December 22nd, 2007, 07:21 PM
I like Indira too but I prefer two syllable names. But you could call her Indy for short. :o

Byrd
December 23rd, 2007, 01:58 PM
She's beautiful :cloud9:. It may sound wierd to you but I saw her and thought Panda would be a great name.

:laughing: Ling-Ling

The Lotus flower is also a symbol of peace in ancient Egypt.

SARAH
December 23rd, 2007, 02:00 PM
Latchme ... isn't that Princess in Hindi or Urdu or something Indian? It's a really nice name though.

Find anything in that link?

badger
December 23rd, 2007, 02:47 PM
Lakshmi is the Hindu goddess of abundance, namely money.
There's a very high female deity in Tibetan Buddhism called Tara. Short and sweet.

SARAH
December 23rd, 2007, 03:42 PM
Tara ... makes me think of Gone With The Wind ... not a bad name at all!!!

chico2
December 23rd, 2007, 04:27 PM
I too like Tara:thumbs up

rainbow
December 23rd, 2007, 07:54 PM
Lasya is Tibetan for Goddess of Beauty.

And Tara is Tibetan for Mother Goddess.

Oooh I like Lasya

I think Erykah liked Lasya better than Tara. :shrug: But, that could very well change once she gets the cutie pie home. :cloud9:

I've always liked the name Tara but never knew it was Tibetan until I did the search. To me, it sounds like a strong, confident name. :o

want4rain
December 23rd, 2007, 09:55 PM
Helga. Chub-alina??!

-ash

StumpsMom
December 23rd, 2007, 10:25 PM
OMG, how cute is she??? I'm not one for names, but I'm liking the Tibetan themes going on in this tread....I know that jasmine tea is quite popular there...maybe call her Jasmine??

nikki