Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Our New Addition

brandynva
December 21st, 2007, 10:38 PM
Plus a few oldies:

Ok, so here's the scoop. We got this little sweetie from the local rescue organization. They were training her to be a hearing aid dog, but apparently she is too "soft" and just wants to cuddle. She is very loving, and doesn't like to listen. But she is only 7 months old and still very young and trainable. she only weighs 26lbs and is pretty much full grown. She is house trained and crate trained and knows a few basic commands. She also traveled around to nursing homes a lot so she is super exposed to people. But, the lady I got her from said she is sheltie mixed with Brittany Spaniel. Honestly, I see no spaniel in her. I can see sheltie for sure. I'm wondering if she's not mixed with minpin or rottie. I dunno. Anybody have any ideas? Here are a couple of pictures.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/brandynva/Picture482.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/brandynva/Picture485.jpg

Getting a belly rub and loving it...

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/brandynva/Picture486.jpg

brandynva
December 21st, 2007, 10:40 PM
And for the newer members, here is a couple of my boy Roscoe. He is my shadow literally and I have had him since he was 8 weeks old. He will be 2 in March and is truly "my boy." He is having some jealousy issues and is chewing stuff whereas he hasn't been doing that for months. :wall: hehe But he'll adjust.

Guarding his eggs....
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/brandynva/IMG_0590.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/brandynva/IMG_0458.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/brandynva/IMG_0131.jpg

onster
December 21st, 2007, 10:43 PM
oh.my.God. Cuteness overload!!!!! I cant suggest names for the new guy (lol, my 'fluffy' kitty is a boy named hazel...which apparently is a girls name in english..sooooo I suck!)

but what a cutie-patootie:cloud9:

I love roscoe too, especially the guarding eggs pic...He looks like he's gonna burst into tears if anyone takes any of his precious eggs, lol.

brandynva
December 21st, 2007, 10:51 PM
oh.my.God. Cuteness overload!!!!! I cant suggest names for the new guy (lol, my 'fluffy' kitty is a boy named hazel...which apparently is a girls name in english..sooooo I suck!)

but what a cutie-patootie:cloud9:

I love roscoe too, especially the guarding eggs pic...He looks like he's gonna burst into tears if anyone takes any of his precious eggs, lol.

Well it's either Shadow or Sadie. I keep calling her both. Poor thing is gonna be so confused! She has a spay appointment next Thursday too. She isn't gonna know what hit her. New house, new people, new dog and cat, and then the indiginity of surgery. ha! Thanks for the compliment! :D

And Roscoe is the king of the "puppy dog eyes." It gets him lots of cookies. He loves cookies.

14+kitties
December 21st, 2007, 10:54 PM
Guess I qualify as being one of those newer members. ;)
Roscoe is a doll. I love his eyes. So soulful. What a sweetie. I have a shadow too. They're fun to have.
The new one is a little doll. She looks like she is going to give you a run for your money behaviour wise though. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

onster
December 21st, 2007, 10:54 PM
oh ooopsie, she's a girl. Sorry, she even looks like a girl too!

I like Sadie, it seems to match her :)

brandynva
December 21st, 2007, 10:57 PM
Guess I qualify as being one of those newer members. ;)
Roscoe is a doll. I love his eyes. So soulful. What a sweetie. I have a shadow too. They're fun to have.
The new one is a little doll. She looks like she is going to give you a run for your money behaviour wise though. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Ha you got that right! She already likes to tow the line. Thing is I got her number, it's just a matter of time until she knows it. hehe She likes to pretend like she's stupid and doesn't hear you, so she doesn't have to listen. The rescue group also does obedience and agility training, as well as k-9 search and rescue and stuff. But anyway, since I got her through them I get a free puppy class. Her little butt will be in the first one as soon as it is warm! ha!

Thanks for the welcome though. I have seen some of your kitties. You sure have a handful! I love kitties. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
December 21st, 2007, 11:06 PM
I think she's part sheltie and part happy. :laughing: What a doll! She looks very sweet. :cloud9: You could call her Shadowy Sadie, thereby covering all bases! :p

And there's Roscoe! :lovestruck: Guarding his eggs! :D I hope he got a cookie for that! :laughing:

Welcome back, Brandy! It's been too long!

rainbow
December 22nd, 2007, 12:07 AM
HA HA, Roscoe.....he does have the soulful look mastered. :D I love the "guarding eggs" pic. :cloud9:

Your new addition is very cute. :lovestruck: Definitely sheltie cross but I can see spaniel in her face as well. :o And, I vote for the name Sadie. :thumbs up

TeriM
December 22nd, 2007, 01:43 AM
Aww, she is adorable :lovestruck:. I vote for Sadie :thumbs up.

Roscoe looks as handsome as ever, we missed him around here :).

allymack
December 22nd, 2007, 09:03 AM
oh my goodness, they are both so adorable!:cloud9:

14+kitties
December 22nd, 2007, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the welcome though. I have seen some of your kitties. You sure have a handful! I love kitties. :cloud9:

Yep, I do. :D Love every one of them to bits!! Wanna come help me pill them this afternoon? :D They are all getting their second half of their tapeworm pills. Oh fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brandynva
December 22nd, 2007, 09:19 AM
Yep, I do. :D Love every one of them to bits!! Wanna come help me pill them this afternoon? :D They are all getting their second half of their tapeworm pills. Oh fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh golly, pilling cats. I think I shall pass! Thanks anyway. :thumbs up

I like Shadowy Sadie. haha! But yeah, I think it's gonna be Sadie. She is supposedly housetrained, but she just went out and came in and peed in the floor. :wall: I am hoping it's because it's a new place and she's just not used to things. Oh well.

And yes, I'm sure Roscoe got cookies for that. hehe Thanks for the comments everyone! And it is good to see Teri and Rainbow and Hazel again. :crazy:

Frenchy
December 22nd, 2007, 01:12 PM
The newbie is too cute !!! The belly rub :cloud9: So Roscoe is a good big brother to her ? :lovestruck:

brandynva
December 24th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Yes he really wants to play with her but she is a drama queen. He will barely knock her over and she whimpers and runs to me like he just shoved her down some stairs or something. :rolleyes: hehe It's really too cute. She wants to play, but on her terms, not his. She'll learn. And she has taken over his doggie bed in the bedroom which he likes not one bit. She will run to it first before I can make her go in her crate. Now he won't sleep in his doggie bed, even when she's not on it. :sad: Poor Roscoe. But he is jealous too a little, so I am trying to give him LOTS of extra love. He is eating it up.

Sorry I wrote a book. :o

SARAH
December 24th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Personally, I vote for Shadow, mainly because I've never been too happy with human names for animals. I know, both our dogs have human names, but Dani I had no say in, and Sheba ... well, it's more as in The Queen of Sheba then anything.

I would think Sheltie for sure, and dominant genes too. The Brittany Spaniel can have different colorings, so I don't think it's an impossibility, it's a relatively tall spaniel too, some can be close to a small sheltie in size. In any case, she's deffinitely more Sheltie than anything!

And SOOO pretty!! :lovestruck:

brandynva
December 24th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Thank you Sarah! I think she's so pretty too. I love when she perks her ears up. And she definetly has dominate sheltie genes, especially the herding part. ha!

SARAH
December 24th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Ouch! Watch the nipping at the heels!! :laughing:

Stacer
December 24th, 2007, 10:38 AM
super cute!! Lucky for her she was too "soft". ;) Nothing beats a dog that loves belly rubs. congrats on your new addition.
I will have to concur, the guarding eggs pic is great!

brandynva
December 24th, 2007, 11:24 AM
ha! She is definetly a "heel nipper." Her thing is to jump on the back of my legs and nip. And she loves to stick her nose right up the back of my nightgown. :o hehe

Thanks Stacer! Yes, that is one of mine too. Roscoe always has that sad, give me a cookie expression on his face. He knows it works. :D

shredy
December 24th, 2007, 12:26 PM
She is soooo cute, she looks just like my neighbors dog Roca, unfortunately they found her abandoned in the desert, so they don't know what her mix is either, check out pics of her with Chloe in this thread...

http://pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=47575

Roscoe is a doll, such expression in those eyes!!:lovestruck: