Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Is there anything this kitty wont eat????

onster
December 21st, 2007, 07:59 PM
Yesterday it was bananas and okra...today cantalope and pinenuts. Bundu' was bugging me while I was cutting up the cantalopes for dessert and I fig'd once he sniffed them he'd think they were gross...nope, he LOVED it :eek:. I was lucky to have a camera in the kitchen because Im making a sort of look and cook book from my mom's recipes (best cook. ever.)

Next, instead of helping in the kitchen like he was supposed to (and taking the bag away from the kitty (who, in true sponge-bandit form managed to carry it off the table, but dropped it on the chair), snapped pictures!

Nonetheless there was some damn good food to be had at the end of the day. I actually don't think Ill be on long tonight...someone overindulged :rolleyes:. my pooor pooor tummy.

onster
December 21st, 2007, 08:02 PM
Notice his claw/teeth marks in the the pinenuts bag above. One more pic...

Btw I still havent figured out how to caption each pic...help??? I know someone said b4 to type then put the pic then type put the pic etc..but it still all comes out as text then pics for me????

CearaQC
December 21st, 2007, 09:02 PM
Cute!!

For captions, I use an off-site photo storage place that allows hotlinking into forums and such. Before each photo, I type something.

With plain 'ol attachments, the caption thing may not be possible. Maybe marko can explain that one. :shrug:

Linx likes Ms Vickie's chips - plain. Cheerios too.

Used to have a cat when I was a kid that would slap her paw down on top of and growl (mine, all mine!) steamed broccoli and egg rolls from the Chinese buffet stuff we'd have left over after going out. Booties was a funny kitty. :rip: She was a dark calico with white paws.

Once I bought a chocolate/chocolate chip cookie from the mall and brought it home. The next morning, no more cookie. The wrapper was ripped open, crumbs everywhere. I freaked and looked around. 3 kitties...1 was laying down lethargic. Bad kitty! Called the vet and he said not to worry. Cat was up and around normal the next day.

brandynva
December 21st, 2007, 09:39 PM
What a beeeautiful kitty! I just want to sink my fingers into his fur. He looks sooo soft!

Frenchy
December 21st, 2007, 09:40 PM
What a beeeautiful kitty! I just want to sink my fingers into his fur. He looks sooo soft!

:offtopic: :sorry: brandynva ! I'm so happy to "see" you !!!!! come and update on the TJT ! :goodvibes:

brandynva
December 21st, 2007, 09:56 PM
:offtopic: :sorry: brandynva ! I'm so happy to "see" you !!!!! come and update on the TJT ! :goodvibes:

Yes ma'am! :thumbs up

onster
December 21st, 2007, 10:10 PM
that's ok frenchy, I threadjack all the time :D

brandyneva, yup he's super soft. Just like a ball of cotton.

Thanks for the info cearaQ, I will give it a try with my next batch of pics :).

14+kitties
December 21st, 2007, 10:27 PM
Silly kitty. But at least he's eating healthy stuff and not rooting through garbage. :cloud9:

onster
December 21st, 2007, 10:31 PM
oh, he does that too :D (root thru garbage).

I honestly wonder if maybe he starved as a little kitten? He was found in the street at 8weeks old, adopted and then returned a week later (plus ear mites and fleas) and then I adopted him at 3.5 months. I always thought he wasnt reallly a stray, but probably just dumped onto the street...afteralll, how could an 8 week old kitten on its own have survived? Now I'm staring to think he did forge as a stray though.

14+kitties
December 21st, 2007, 11:03 PM
Eight week old kitties can do quite well on their own. I have one here who was on her own at that age and is impossible to catch. She is around 10 months now. She will come within almost an arms length and then take off like a shot. Doesn't go too far away from our garage where she "lives". I have an old basket in there with a blanket that she sleeps in. I started feeding her when I realized mom wasn't coming back to get her and noticed she was getting pretty thin but I did see her quite often with mice in her mouth. I am not even totally sure she is a she.
I think it's a good possibility Hazel was dumpster diving when he was tiny. That's probably why he likes so much variety in food now. Beggars can't be choosers.

onster
December 21st, 2007, 11:10 PM
but then where was his mommy and his brothers/sisters when he was picked up? :sad:

Does ure kitten have any siblings? I really feel so bad for hazel as I almost had to return him too (horrible asthma and allergies)..he was also in quite rough shape when I got him, very skinny, very dirty ears, very messed up digestive system.

rainbow
December 22nd, 2007, 12:43 AM
I just love Hazel. :lovestruck: Not only is he very handsome but he has so much personality too. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
December 22nd, 2007, 12:45 AM
hazel (this hazel, not your hazel :D) loves cantalope, too! :cloud9: What a cutie that Bundu' is! Good taste, too! :D

Onster, you can upload your attachments and then insert them where you want in the body of the post using the arrow next to the paperclip in the menu bar. If you click on the arrow after uploading your pix, it will list the attachments in the order you uploaded them. Type your caption, then click on the correct attachment and it will insert it for you. :thumbs up If you need to remove an attachment or upload another, you can do that if you click on the dark blue Manage Attachments in the drawdown menu. (Does that help? :fingerscr)

TeriM
December 22nd, 2007, 01:13 AM
:laughing::cloud9: Gotta love a cat with such a personality.

14+kitties
December 22nd, 2007, 07:01 AM
but then where was his mommy and his brothers/sisters when he was picked up? :sad:

Does ure kitten have any siblings? I really feel so bad for hazel as I almost had to return him too (horrible asthma and allergies)..he was also in quite rough shape when I got him, very skinny, very dirty ears, very messed up digestive system.

Sorry onster I didn't see this last night before I went to bed. :o
Occasionally cats will, for their own reasons, put one of their kittens "out". Don't know why they do it, but they do. Maybe that is what happened to Hazel. Or, it's more likely someone put him out to do his thing thinking he would come back and he took off. No one knows except for Hazel and being as smart as he is....maybe some day he will tell you. :laughing::laughing::laughing:
My wild one has no siblings that we saw. Our thoughts on that were that mom had them..
1. when she was too young and only the one survived or
2. too early in the year and they froze (we figure it was Feb when she had them).
We didn't find her until she was already a couple of months old and she put up such a fuss (hissing, spitting, biting) I was bad and thought she was better without our interference. She trembled so badly every time I came near I didn't want to add to her terror. Mom was totally freaky too and like I said, took off shortly after the time we first saw kitty. Once the cousins started showing up she attached herself to them sometimes but most of the time stayed by herself. She is now a very contented little lady who is quite happy living in the garage in HER basket and roaming the property but never too far and never ever by the road. She drops to her side and shows her belly when she sees me and talks a mile a minute but still won't let me pet her. I maintain hope someday she will. :lovestruck:

chico2
December 22nd, 2007, 08:04 AM
My Vinnie was also picked up off the street,by friends of mine.
When he was younger he would"steal"food off the counter,dragged an english cucumer down to the basement etc..
He still wants to try anything edible,I honestly believe the urgency trying to find something to eat as kittens remains with them.
Hazel is so soft looking and adorable:lovestruck:
I had another cat(sammy) a long time ago,who loved Cantaloupe:shrug:

onster
December 22nd, 2007, 03:53 PM
Hazel says thank you for all the kind compliments.

I'm just gonna try out hazel ( the member's suggestion) with pics...

so here's pic #1

and pic 2...

onster
December 22nd, 2007, 03:54 PM
oooooh yay! it works it works!!!! Thanks Hazel!! I didn't realize you could insert the attachments after uploading them...I thought uploading them was inserting them, if that makes any sense! lol

Hazel ( the cat) thinks mommy should put him on the desktop too...

ancientgirl
December 22nd, 2007, 04:17 PM
I don't think there's anything they won't eat. Vlad and Oksana always sit for their pieces of my cheese sandwich. They love eggs, so any time I'm eating an egg sandwich, well you know the drill.:laughing:

Kiska and Maks are also learning to sit and stair until they get something.

chico2
December 22nd, 2007, 04:28 PM
OMG Onster,Hazel is sooo beautiful:lovestruck:

SARAH
December 22nd, 2007, 04:50 PM
Speaking of cats eating anything ... my parents' first Whisky would eat beets in vinaigrette! Normal? Hardly. Mischief, would eat cheesecake, more normal, but only with strawberry topping and only from Sara Lee!

rainbow
December 23rd, 2007, 02:03 AM
I love the second pic of Hazel on the computer. :lovestruck: