Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Maks is now missing some parts

ancientgirl
December 21st, 2007, 07:39 PM
I took Maks in this morning to get neutered. I called at about 11:00 am and they told me he was the first one done and he was doing very well.

My vet likes to keep them overnight, which I actually prefer. I'm a big enough worry wart, so I feel better having them there until the next day.

I went and visited with him for a little while and he was still slightly drugged. They gave him some stuff for pain and I let his vet know that he's got a sensitive tummy so not to give him any canned.

I'll be picking him up tomorrow after two. I can't wait to bring my little boy home. I can tell the others are wondering where he is.

luckypenny
December 21st, 2007, 07:43 PM
Sweet little Maks :lovestruck: . I felt so guilty when I saw Lucky all doped up :o when he was neutered. Lots of love and cuddles from you upon his return and he'll be back to is old self in no time.

ancientgirl
December 21st, 2007, 07:53 PM
Yeah, he was a little out of it. I didn't like seeing him like that. Besides, if I brought him home he'd have the other three bugging him, and its better to just wait until he's more himself.

I'm going to miss him tonight though. I love his warm little furry body purring next to me.:cloud9:

Winston
December 21st, 2007, 08:06 PM
Maks will be back to himself in no time! Is tomorrow Czarina's Big Day?

Cindy

ancientgirl
December 21st, 2007, 08:26 PM
Yeah, I'm sure he'll be running around the place like crazy.

No, Czarina's appointment is next coming Thursday at 9:30 am. I already talked to the grounds keeper and asked him if he would help me get her in the carrier. He told me to leave it with him Wednesday, and he'd make sure to put her in it the next morning. He and the other man are very nice, and they have both been so kind to her. They're really pulling for her to be healthy so that I can keep her.

I'm really hoping that with all of this positive energy I'm getting that she will be free of anything major.:pray:

Winston
December 21st, 2007, 08:36 PM
I am sending pawsitive thoughts too! But you are her Angel so I am sure she is going to be a healthy girl! Do you have baby powder? You may need some when Maks comes home!

Cindy
:thumbs up

onster
December 21st, 2007, 10:12 PM
ah, the good old snip-snip. :thumbs up. Do u know if he's been licking at his 'wound'? Hazel didnt stay overnight for his snip-snip but they called me right after saying he was licking already but was doing fine. When I went to pick him up they said he made himself all irritated and red so he had the dreaded cone for a few days. Hopefully nothing of the sort with ure little man!

hazelrunpack
December 21st, 2007, 10:19 PM
:goodvibes: for a quick recovery for Maks!

14+kitties
December 21st, 2007, 10:23 PM
I just had the first two of my brood done a couple of weeks ago. They did great. I brought them home that day after they had spent most of it at the vets. They loved getting spoiled for a few days in the house but were more than ready to go see all their cousins and sisters as soon as they could. I have 4 going next month and then my boys will be done. Then the girls' turns. :eek:
Maks will do great! He is a little trooper. He already proved that with the food stuff he went through. Now for his sister's turn next week. :grouphug: from my bunch to Maks.

rainbow
December 21st, 2007, 11:02 PM
Glad Maks is doing good. :grouphug: I'm sure he will be back to normal in no time. goodvibes:

TeriM
December 22nd, 2007, 01:02 AM
:grouphug: Hugs for Maks, hope he has a fast recovery :fingerscr.

ancientgirl
December 22nd, 2007, 06:08 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm giong to have the baby powder at the door. When I bring him in, I'll cover the other three first then Maks. Hopefully things will go well. I know Kiska has missed him. She's knows he's missing. She wouldn't eat this morning, and she's been very clingy.

I'm hoping Maks isn't a licker like Vlad was LOL. I'll have to keep a watch on him and make sure. I'll ask for a cone just in case.

chico2
December 22nd, 2007, 08:11 AM
Aww little Maks,he'll be fine,won't know what he's missing.:cat:
It is kind of reassuring the vet keeps him over night.
When I picked Vinnie up after neutering,his pretty white fur was bloody,which was alarming,but it was only a sloppy job from the vet-tech and I told her so.

erykah1310
December 22nd, 2007, 08:37 AM
I have never had any problems with neutering or spaying ( licking I mean)
I hope you dont either.
Sending good vibes for a speedy recovery!

krdahmer
December 22nd, 2007, 08:39 AM
:thumbs upAll the males I have ever had done have recovered in a matter of a couple days... so hope it's speedy for Maks too!! I'd love to know how that baby powder thing works out for you as we are planning to have Buddy's teeth and eye done early this year. So he'll be away... and Smoke already hates him, so maybe I can reintroduce him and trick her! (doubtful but worth a try!)

When does Kiska go again? Is she next week too like Czarina?

14+kitties
December 22nd, 2007, 09:00 AM
Ancient and krdamher........ I tried the baby powder trick on mine when I reintroduced Meowzer and Spazzy back with the gang. I put in on my gloves and rubbed all of the ones in the catuary then came back in and did the same to the boys before I took them out. There was absolutely no problem with them coming back and they had been gone for almost 4 days.
You don't need a whole lot of the powder. Just a little rubbed on your hands first and then on kitties.

brandynva
December 22nd, 2007, 09:22 AM
Good luck! :thumbs up I'm sure he'll be fine, especially if he's staying overnight. I have never heard of the baby powder trick. That is interesting.

ancientgirl
December 22nd, 2007, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I always feel better leaving them over night. Like I said, I'm a worry wart anyway, and I'd be afraid of not knowing what to do if lord forbid anything went wrong.

I'll be picking him up in a couple of hours. I've finished all of my Christmas shopping, and I plan on spending the rest of the day at home, so I can watch over him and make sure he doesn't over do things. Yeah right! The minute he sees the gang he'll be going nuts.

I'm putting some baby powder near the door. So when i walk in I'll do the other three, then him.

We'll see how things go.

Stacer
December 22nd, 2007, 12:34 PM
Yay for Maks, he'll feel much lighter on his feet now!! My Angus was home the same day and back to normal pretty much immediately, we had to prevent him from romping. Little bugger.

Little bit of a threadjack here.:sorry:
What's this powder trick? I've never heard of it. Tell me about it please. I'm thinking of bringing my 2 fuzz butts to my parents' over the holidays, they are taking care of my sister's 2 cats, they've never met before. Or does it only work for cats that know each other but have been separated for a while?

14+kitties
December 22nd, 2007, 12:42 PM
Winston is the one who told us about it. I thank her and am grateful for that. I had no problems reintroducing my guys and have lots more to go............ But I also use baby powder on a regular basis. Guess I smell like them too. :o
The whole idea of the powder is so they all smell alike. It worked for my kitties. Not sure about dogs and cats though. I would think that would be a different story and would take time, not powder. ;)

Frenchy
December 22nd, 2007, 12:44 PM
Little bit of a threadjack here.:sorry:
What's this powder trick? I've never heard of it.

Stacer , when an animal comes back from the vet , he/she doesn't smell like the others anymore. With cats , that means hissing and sometimes more , on both parts. If you put baby powder on all of them , they all have the same scent :thumbs up

Frenchy
December 22nd, 2007, 12:45 PM
ancientgirl , I'm glad Maks had his snip snip , one more to go :laughing:

Stacer
December 22nd, 2007, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

ancientgirl
December 22nd, 2007, 02:10 PM
Oy, I couldn't even use the powder trick. When I got out of the car and took his carrier out, the back part of it was full of pee.

So needless to say, I came inside and started to wash the carrier and had to run a kitty towelette over Maks because he had some pee on him.

He must not had had a chance to pee before they put him in the carrier. That or he was excited about coming home.

So I washed the carrier, sprayed it with this stuff I have to keep the odor off, and have it outside on my tiny balcony. Hopefully with that spray I used and the fresh air no pee smell will stick.

After I finished doing all that, Maks had already been walking around a bit. I did put another diffuser upstairs and so far they all seem okay. There's been a bit of hissing but nothing major. Little Maks is under the couch, his favorite spot, so I gather by this evening everyone will be pals again.

I've just got to keep him from jumping around for today.

krdahmer
December 22nd, 2007, 02:51 PM
Oh no I hate when they pee in the carrier... the poor things get covered in it! Glad to hear he is settling right back in to his favorite spot! I bet he'll just want to cuddle you tonight though...:sleepy:

ancientgirl
December 22nd, 2007, 03:37 PM
Yeah, it wasn't easy to wash, but hopefully it'll dry well outside.

I'll be happy to have all of my sweeties with me tonight. I missed having him last night.

chico2
December 22nd, 2007, 04:01 PM
Ancientgirl,Maks was probably sooo happy to see you,maybe thinking he was stuck in a cage at the vets again,as he was when you rescued them.
He must be very happy to be back home:cat:

ancientgirl
December 22nd, 2007, 04:04 PM
LOL, I think I like the thought he was just happy to see me. That carrier was hard to clean!

He's happy to be home though. He was walking around, making himself familiar with everything. He even took a short nap with me :)