Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What's wrong with people?

pitgrrl
December 21st, 2007, 12:09 PM
I don't understand what is wrong with people. Seriously.

I'm trying to get everything ready to go to my mother's for christmas, including getting enough food for the dogs together to last me while we're away and for a few days when we get back. Easy enough, right?

Well, apparently not. Two weeks ago I called my brother and asked him if he'd mind getting some NV raw to stick in my mother's freezer for when we get there. 'No problem' he said, so I get a store not too far from him to put what I needed on hold for me.

A week goes by, I don't want to push the issue and assume he'll do it, but no, he doesn't. So I ask again, and again he says 'yup, I'll do it tomorrow', but now, a week later, he still hasn't done it and my mother, who already has 8 million things to do with five kids plus all their girlfriends/boyfriends/wives/etc. coming, ends up saying she'll take care of it because who knows when or if my brother will ever get around to it.

So fine, that food is taken care of, but I still need to get some for the weekend and for when we get home. Yesterday I called one of the places I usually buy it from and specifically ask, no less than 5 times if they have the organic chicken. I'm assured over and over that yes, they have the organic chicken. I also tell them that I need to pick it up this morning as soon as they open at 10am.

10 am this morning, Steve, the dogs and I are standing in front of a locked door trying to figure out what to do. Finally, we convince the groomer from the daycare/groomer place that's attached to open the store for us only to discover, you guessed it folks, no organic chicken patties. The owner finally arrives and admits that they never had any organic chicken, so basically, they just straight up lied to me on the phone.

So now, instead of finishing up the work I need to do before I leave town, I'm calling every damn feed store in the city, trying to track down this food, not really believing anyone when they tell they have it and trying to figure out when the h*ll I'm going to pick it up. On top of that, I'm calling places in another city to try and reserve food for my poor, over extended mother to get for me.

All this leads me to the question what happened to responsibility and doing what one says they're going to do? Really, why lie to someone or misinform them? I've held a whole lot of jobs that involved costumer service and even when I wanted to stab people, I still helped them since it was, in fact, my job to do so. The BF works at a pet store currently and he goes way out of his way to help even the most obnoxious people, so what's wrong with everyone else? Arrgh!

I totally sound like a grumpy old lady, don't I? :laughing:

ancientgirl
December 21st, 2007, 12:13 PM
WTH? What did those people think they were doing by lying to you? That you would come there and figure, "okay well I'll just get regular chicken" If you asked for something specific, its for a reason.

I don't blame you for being angry.

And as for your brother. LOL, well, unfortunately, that's what having family is sometimes.:shrug:

At least your mom got it taken care of.

Frenchy
December 21st, 2007, 12:15 PM
That is why I have such a hard time trusting people and I usually don't ask for anything and do everything myself :frustrated:

I know you probably don't like to feed them kibble but you could (just for the vacation) buy a bag , gastro formula (so they don't have explosive diarea) ?

pitgrrl
December 21st, 2007, 12:28 PM
I honestly got them feeling that they thought I'd get to the store and just buy what they had, but really, what kind of sales pitch is tricking someone?

Frenchy, usually, I do everything myself too, for exactly these reasons, but since I don't own a car, sometimes I need to ask people for help. I really should have expected some mess up of my carefully figured out plan though. :laughing:

I really wish I could feed kibble, but it would cause weeks of trying to get Streets' digestive system back into shape, even with gastro food, so it's just not worth it.:yell:

SARAH
December 21st, 2007, 03:42 PM
Totally unrelated, but I have the same issue with the snow"removal" company we hired, they say they're coming, promise to have the job done, and then tells me "the guy drove by but the job was done (so what are you griping about basically)" of course if he just drove by without stopping, the job looks done from the street, but if he'd stopped and looked closely he would have seen the pile left over ... only, no one ever came! My office window is overlooking the parking, I would have seen it if someone had come! :sorry: :offtopic: somewhat.

I agree, why are people such liars and hypocrites? If they don't have or can't do (or won't do) why not just say so ? :frustrated: :yell: :mad:

14+kitties
December 21st, 2007, 03:58 PM
I sympathize with everyone who has issues like this. It's very frustrating.

Maybe the solution is for next year to start getting a little extra when you go shopping starting in Oct or Nov and then you don't have to rely on the store having it when you need it. I tend to be a hoarder so I make sure there is always lots of food around. My hubby laughs at me all the time but there are times when it pays off. Right now I have over 40 lbs of kitten chow, 40 lbs of kibble for the dogs, and somewhere around 70 cans of kitten food which will last 7 days. Even my fridge and freezer is stocked to the brim with people food.

chico2
December 21st, 2007, 04:54 PM
As for family,my oldest son is a great one for"Oh dad,I'll do that for you,I 'll get you that,I know someone"only it does not happen:wall:
Luckily we know him well(beeing our son)so we do everything ourselves:yell:

pitgrrl
December 21st, 2007, 05:15 PM
Maybe the solution is for next year to start getting a little extra when you go shopping starting in Oct or Nov and then you don't have to rely on the store having it when you need it.

Ah, yes, see that was the plan, but about a month ago, I couldn't find the food anywhere and went through my "reserve stock".

I finally found a place that claims to have what I'm looking for, but I can't get there till the morning, so hopefully it's not all bought up by then:pray: