Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Black lab???? in Brossard

coppperbelle
December 21st, 2007, 09:20 AM
And another....

A neighbor of mine called me this morning. Her husband found what they think may be a lab or mixed lab in the Portabello shopping center last night. They were afraid he would be hit by a car so they brought him home. They have called everyone they can think of and he has not been reported missing.

The dog was obviously someone's pet as he has had some surgery.

450-443-9326

luckypenny
December 21st, 2007, 12:37 PM
Have they called the pound (the one in Chambly) or city hall to see if anyone reported him missing? They can also call all the vet clinics in the area. I could help pass along phone numbers to them if they need the help.

rainbow
December 21st, 2007, 12:57 PM
I hope he wasn't dropped off in the parking lot on purpose. :sad: Good luck. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

coppperbelle
December 22nd, 2007, 06:03 AM
Have they called the pound (the one in Chambly) or city hall to see if anyone reported him missing? They can also call all the vet clinics in the area. I could help pass along phone numbers to them if they need the help.

I think she said she called some vets. I did tell her to call both Spca's and Berger Blanc as well. She left her number with SCDD and told them she is holding the dog if someone is looking for it.

Which shelter is in Chambly? I didn't tell her about that one.

the gang
December 22nd, 2007, 08:20 AM
i got a email about a lost black lab checking into it brenda and the pins.

luckypenny
December 22nd, 2007, 08:48 AM
It was the SCDD I was talking about.

The people who found the dog...do they live in the area of the mall? If not, maybe they can make up a poster with his photo and email it to me? I'd be more than happy to post them in all the vets' offices and in the vicinity of the mall. I live right in the area so it wouldn't be a problem. We'd just take a bunch with us to put up every time we go out. There's also a dog park close by, maybe someone will recognize him.

If he hasn't been abandoned, I'm hoping he'll be re-united with his family for the holidays :fingerscr .

susieqt
December 23rd, 2007, 03:13 PM
Does anyone know if the dog found his home? Friends of mine lost their dog, a black female, a few months ago. She did have rottie colored eyebrows, though.:fingerscr

SARAH
December 23rd, 2007, 03:59 PM
I hope he wasn't dropped off in the parking lot on purpose. :sad: Good luck. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

I know, I was thinking the same thing, people can be so cruel :yell: let's hope she was really lost and will soon be reunited with her humans.

coppperbelle
December 23rd, 2007, 06:21 PM
Does anyone know if the dog found his home? Friends of mine lost their dog, a black female, a few months ago. She did have rottie colored eyebrows, though.:fingerscr

I was told it was a male. I am hoping to see them tomorrow and see the dog myself.

rainbow
December 23rd, 2007, 07:02 PM
:fingerscr :fingerscr ......keep us posted.

Love4himies
December 24th, 2007, 08:28 AM
I hope the dog find it's owners soon. Poor dog:sad:

SARAH
December 24th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Yes, any news? I was thinking about him this morning poor thing.

If he's just lost, he's confused. If he was dumped, he's confused, sad and totally bewildered. Poor little thing.

How is he "settling" in with you? How long can you keep him safe? I know an impromptu dog isn't necessarily easy to fit in, but I hope you can give him a nice Christmas, get him back to his family, or to a new one if that's necessary.

Do you have a pic of him?

coppperbelle
December 24th, 2007, 02:42 PM
He is back at home safe and sound. :) He was lost Thursday evening and his owners spent the night looking for him. They had to leave at 6:00 a.m. on Friday morning on vacation somewhere south and were heartbroken. Their neighbor who was suppose to watch the dog for them while they were away contacted the SCDD who put them in touch with my neighbor. He was going to try and reach them on the island to give them the good news. Apparently they had a young daughter who was devastated.

SARAH
December 24th, 2007, 02:48 PM
That's the THIRD good news Christmas story today !! YAYY Pets.ca !!!

:thumbs up :grouphug: :highfive: :grouphug:

Frenchy
December 24th, 2007, 05:35 PM
woohoo ! :thumbs up :highfive: