Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

non spayed dogs

3dknight
December 20th, 2007, 02:44 AM
Where can I find a place that has non spayed dogs for adoption in California? I'm trying to breed my eight year old mut with another dog. Don't care what kind of dog it is. As long as its a small non spayed female dog.

rainbow
December 20th, 2007, 02:50 AM
This is a very pro spay/neuter pet forum. Surely you are not serious?

TeriM
December 20th, 2007, 02:53 AM
:loser:

:censored:

Neuter and spay your animals!

Love4himies
December 20th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Visit your local shelter and look at all the unwanted animals. Perhaps do some volunteering there before you decide to contribute to the huge unwanted pet population.

chico2
December 20th, 2007, 07:20 AM
:clown::clown::clown:

3dknight
December 20th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Ugh. Whats wrong with having puppies. You guys would rather amputate your pets privates. What sex do you call them? They should be labeled as its. Very cruel I can't believe they don't call this animal cruelty!!! Maybe we should do the same so we don't overpopulate. No we're to horny!! I'm not going to throw them in the streets. They are my pets so they are my responsibility.

Love4himies
December 20th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Go visit your local shelter and see all the unwanted pets that are stuck in cages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT CONTRIBUTE TO THE PET OVERPOPULATION!!!

I highly doubt you are going to find anybody supporting your request here.

3dknight
December 20th, 2007, 09:25 AM
You really think I would throw them into a shelter? If I didn't want them I wouldn't be asking. I look at the dog shelt but they are all spayed. I found my dog in the streets before the pound got to him. I bet you guys never think of getting dogs in the shelter you all want purebreeds.

3dknight
December 20th, 2007, 09:28 AM
I prefer shelter dogs over purebreeds. They tend to be more loyal than purebreed dogs. I would get one of those but they have to be spayed.

luckypenny
December 20th, 2007, 09:28 AM
This is what's wrong with having puppies...especially through backyard breeding and puppy mills.

It is widely accepted that 9.6 million animals are euthanized annually in the United States.

http://www.americanhumane.org/site/PageServer?pagename=nr_fact_sheets_animal_euthanas ia

You may choose not to have your dog neutered, that is your right. But senselessly breeding him is the most irresponsible choice you can make.

Maybe we should do the same so we don't overpopulate.

After reading threads like this one, in your case, it doesn't really sound like such a bad idea after all :rolleyes: .

luckypenny
December 20th, 2007, 09:31 AM
I bet you guys never think of getting dogs in the shelter you all want purebreeds.

I suggest you carefully peruse this sight. You're gravely mistaken.

I have 3 shelter dogs. If I wanted more dogs, I'd go back to a shelter to save more lives. Not breed the ones I already have!

ancientgirl
December 20th, 2007, 09:41 AM
You want to breed your dog and take care of the puppies? What if your dog has 10 or 15 in her litter? Are you going to be able to care for THAT many dogs?

And have you thought of the health benefits to having your pet spayed/neutered? It's healthier for them. And I don't see anything great about putting a female cat or dog through a pregnancy on purpose. Anything can go wrong.

There are many people on this board who have purebreeds, but the majority have adopted their pets from shelters. I myself have 4 cats, 3 from a horrible veterinarian who gave them to me in terrible shape, and one from my own vet, and I am currently trying to get a stray into my home.

You won't find anyone here to support you wanting to breed your pet. That's more cruel than spaying or neutering them.

Love4himies
December 20th, 2007, 10:11 AM
You really think I would throw them into a shelter? If I didn't want them I wouldn't be asking. I look at the dog shelt but they are all spayed. I found my dog in the streets before the pound got to him. I bet you guys never think of getting dogs in the shelter you all want purebreeds.

I didn't mean to look for an unaltered dog :wall:, but to look at all the sadness that occurs from the overpopulation due to people allowing their dogs and cats to breed. Of course they are all spayed, the shelters are responsible and don't want to add to the overpopulation!

Most people on this board have gotten their pets from shelters :wall:.

Even if you don't put the pups in the shelter, the new owners may. Allow the dogs that are currently alive to get a chance to be adopted before any new dogs are brought into this world.

krdahmer
December 20th, 2007, 10:31 AM
All I have to say is this poster is on to something with having humans spayed or neutered.... and NOT just for overpopulation!! :eek::laughing:

:frustrated::wall:

CearaQC
December 20th, 2007, 10:32 AM
I currently have 10 five week old puppies and let me tell you it's no picnic. The mom dog was a rescue who came to us already pregnant. I thought it would be easy and wow was I ever wrong. It's a HARD job!

There are sooo many factors involved. Have you thought of everything yet?

Potential problems with the bitch during labor, delivery, and nursing. What if a puppy is stuck in the birth canal? Do you know how to handle this? What if the pups need to be delivered via cesarean section?

Potential problems with the pups, do they breathe on their own? What about puppy fading where they just die for no explainable reason?

Do you understand nutrition for a pregnant bitch? A nursing bitch? Would you be able to afford feeding them all? Let me say they eat a LOT, both mom and pups and it only gets more expensive during weaning. What if the mom won't nurse the pups? Are you willing to bottle feed the pups every two hours and wipe their bums to help them eliminate?

Do you realize just how messy the whole thing is? Blood, body fluids. The bitch dripping and smearing bloody discharge all over your house. Not to mention the stench.

Are you willing to clean every single day? Maybe more than once a day? Pick up poop, clean up pee, vaginal discharge. Do you like doing load after load of laundry?

Are you willing to lose sleep, and lots of it?

Are you willing to put your life pretty much on hold while taking care of the bitch and raising the pups? If someone isn't near the bitch and her pups 24/7, you might have some big problems. Mom dog could lay down on puppies and smother them, or worse eat them. I have not slept in my own bed since November 13th and have had zero quality time with my husband. Good thing he's a very patient and loving man to put up with all this.

Do you have enough financial back up in case things go wrong?

What would happen... hypothetically... if you did breed a mutt or two, and things went horribly wrong. Would you end up coming back here to beg for help? All you'd get is advice to go see a vet anyway.

I plead with you... please go to a shelter and ask to be a foster to an already pregnant dog instead of purposefully breeding more. You'd be performing a good deed by helping an animal in trouble. Everyone would like to believe it's a free world and you can do as you wish and no one can really stop you. But I urge you to put a LOT of thought into it before committing.

And yeah, the planet is overpopulated with people. And that's why I'm not going to contribute to the population by having children. Just a personal choice. There are others in the world that want to reduce the population. Research the Georgia Guidestones. Their goal is to reduce the human population by 90%.

http://www.radioliberty.com/stones.htm

Maintain humanity under 500,000,000

Finally, intact dogs and cats don't rationalize sex. They don't think in words. All they know is they are horny and gotta do something about it. It's not cruel to get pets fixed. They can live happier lives not having to deal with the sexual urges. Not to mention the peace of mind you would have by pets that want to stay home with you instead of roaming to get a piece of action.

hazelrunpack
December 20th, 2007, 10:33 AM
I don't know why you're wasting words here...the holiday :clown:s are out early this year. :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas, 3dknight :p

Ford Girl
December 20th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Exactly Hazel!!! :crazy:

PS, I was at the shelter last night and there were TONES or owner surrenders puppies there. I don't get it. :shrug:

This has got to be a joke. :clown:

14+kitties
December 20th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Don't be part of the problem.......... be part of the solution.

Chris21711
December 20th, 2007, 11:12 AM
OMG somebody shoot me before I loose it:eek:

Frenchy
December 20th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Where can I find a place that has non spayed dogs for adoption in California? I'm trying to breed my eight year old mut with another dog. Don't care what kind of dog it is. As long as its a small non spayed female dog.
:loser: :clown: :loser: :clown:
I don't know why you're wasting words here...the holiday :clown:s are out early this year. :rolleyes:

ditto

joeysmama
December 20th, 2007, 11:55 AM
If you think that it's cruel to spay and neuter you have obviously never given birth.

marko
December 20th, 2007, 01:07 PM
This thread has run its course and will now be closed.

This IS a pro spay-neuter forum.

thx
Marko