Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Whoopi Goldberg/ Michael Vick

seeker
December 19th, 2007, 10:21 PM
First day on the show and she is defending him. What is it with hosts of this program do they leave their brains in the dressing room?
www.wsbtv.com/news/14040573/detail.html

Frenchy
December 19th, 2007, 10:30 PM
What is it with hosts of this program do they leave their brains in the dressing room?

Yes , I do think so , this is unbelievable ! :mad: :wall:

jiorji
December 19th, 2007, 10:47 PM
i don't watch the View...but i've always wondered...it's a debate show...so I think some are paid to be on the contrary on purpose or they'd all agree and have no show.

i wouldn't want to be the one siding with Vick :frustrated:

Love4himies
December 20th, 2007, 09:04 AM
i don't watch the View...but i've always wondered...it's a debate show...so I think some are paid to be on the contrary on purpose or they'd all agree and have no show.

i wouldn't want to be the one siding with Vick :frustrated:
Yes, I wonder if this is really her personal view or paid view.

diandpat
December 20th, 2007, 09:40 AM
No, I don't think it is a paid view...I think it is a common view by many people. That is why I was a little shocked last week when members of this board were disappointed with the CSI episode that aired about dogfighting. There are many many people who feel dog fighting and ALL that it encompasses are just sport...like hunting.

There is also a whole other bunch of people who have NO IDEA what dog fighting encompasses and have no idea why everyone was mad at Vick. That CSI episode was brilliant at opening up peoples' eyes and stating the cold hard facts. It is OK if you couldn't watch and looked away but someone who had no idea has a much better understanding now of what it is all about. Knowledge is power.

BTW, these statements were made in September and I did not hear Whoopi comment on his recent sentence.

bendyfoot
December 20th, 2007, 01:39 PM
I think her comment is ignorant and misses the point. I don't care what a person's background is. It's the same as saying that people raised in "bad" families turn to criminal behaviour, and it's the family's fault (even though many people with dubious upbringings DON'T turn to a life of crime). Same thing here...there's lots of people raised in the south who don't participate in, or condone, dogfighting. It's a terrible excuse.

jiorji
December 20th, 2007, 03:22 PM
There are many many people who feel dog fighting and ALL that it encompasses are just sport...like hunting.

that's true...i don't get how some people see hunting as a "sport":shrug:

kiara
December 21st, 2007, 08:14 PM
Since the View is an opinion show, she probably felt she could say anything she wants. Is she protecting her own kind? She made herself look bad. I think dog fighting is about making money and hurting animals, therefore it is the same thing as BYB. I was really surprised that she would make excuses for his behavior. My motto is " YOU ARE WHAT YOU SAY AND DO". I also think that people who have a lot of money and power feel invincible. Look what happened to Leona Helmsley??? There really are a lot of morons out there!!!!

glitterless
December 26th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Is she protecting her own kind?

Uhh.. I won't even go there.

I saw that particular episode of The View and was just as shocked as you guys that she stood up for him. However, like everyone else said, it's a debate show. The way she brought it up seemed to be to show another side of the story. I thought she was way out of line, but I believe she did make it clear later on that she was in no way condoning Vick's actions.

chico2
December 26th, 2007, 09:23 AM
This is not a racial problem,but I do believe Whoopy and several others,feel Vick was beeing made a scapegoat,because he is African American,totally ignoring the horrors he had a major part in.

Brooster
January 25th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Vick's fiasco is a lesson, extreme to be sure, of what these people do to get the dogs to fight.
Agression and viciousness isn't bred into these dogs, its put there by the human end of the leash.:evil:

chico2
January 26th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Well,a while back I read,Vick will get no jail-time,instead he agreed to a drug-rehab stint,he could very well be back playing foot-ball n 2009.
Also his infamous property is for sale for $1,1 million.

Love4himies
January 26th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Well,a while back I read,Vick will get no jail-time,instead he agreed to a drug-rehab stint,he could very well be back playing foot-ball n 2009.

:eek: Drug rehap ???

chico2
January 27th, 2008, 07:52 AM
L4H,yes,I forget where I read it,but he probably rather admit to a drug-problem than face jail:yell: