Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

It's on my blog, but I just wanted to make sure as many as possible see this!

SARAH
December 19th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Snow non-removal by ****

I am so frustrated and angry and feeling totally abused, I could just scream!! :yell: :mad: :yell:

I've told you a little about the snow removal "service" we took a contract for this year, right?

How they came the first 2 snow days, no problem.

How the third day they forgot to come at all!

How the fourth when I called and said I hoped they wouldn't forget us again, they said "we only go out when it's 5 cm or more" and when I measured there were 9 cm already! :frustrated:

How they never showed on Sunday (5th snow day) untill very late and did a bad job of it.

So bad that I had to shovel the car out on Monday morning! :yell:

How they then came at 7 am Monday and cleared half the driveway, so that we can park one car. But left the rest! :confused::frustrated:

OK, I call at 10:30 am (the answering machine was on till then! What the ... ? The machine even says the offices are open from 10 am to 4 pm ... more lies! and at 3:30 they don't pick up anymore either.) and some female tells me it's normal, they do that so we can get out and will be back to finish later. I answer that it's a bunch of crap, because we'd already shovelled at 5:30 am and the car was long gone at 7, nothing stopped him from finishing!

Monday, no one came back. Lewis called at 3 PM and was told that for sure, it would be done.

Tuesday I call again, the pile is still here! I apparently got the owner, Jack. He gave me a cock-and-bull story about an employee quitting and having to send a new guy... crap Jack, the guy who did the half@$$ed job Monday had been here before! I used to work at a hotel reception, I remember a face!

Promise: a supervisor is going around with the new guy and will be there within 3 hours.

Did I see someone? No. Did they answer the phone at 3:30 pm? No, answering machine, no voice-mail! I dug a path through the pile so we can access the stairs, but by now it's pretty frozen!

Wednesday, the pile is still here! I wait till 10:30 (they don't even pick up until then) and get a woman pretending to be the manager, a Stephanie. Sure, with all the other lies I've heard from them, she could be the virgin Mary! Why would I believe the "manager" bit?!

She puts me on HOLD because she thought I needed to calm down! Damn cheek of the bi:censored: (sorry dogs, no reflection on you!)

When she did take me back, I told her that I had spoken to my lawyer this morning about their flagrant breach of contract, that I expected to see that pile removed by noon today, or I would call my lawyer back, as well as the local paper and any official office that would be interested in knowing how they conduct business.

I got the new, worthless promise that someone would remove the pile by 1 pm, and that the contract states that we can cancel any time and get refunded the part that's not due to them pro-rata ...

Stupid jerks, we don't necessarily want to cancel the contract, we want them to honor their own da:censored: contract!

**** ??? NEVER EVER AGAIN and believe me, everyone we know is going to hear about this, and by the way, I've renamed them!

**** !!!

Still, to be honest with you, I'd rather cancel these dishonest, lying, smug creeps and shovel the drive way myself, than keep having to call and get the condescending treratment and fake useless promises every day for the next 3 months!

DO NOT EVER HIRE **** !!

They've proven that they cannot be trusted and that their contract is not worth the paper it's written on, and that the employees - from the owner to the manager to the office personel to the snowremovers - are liars and cheets!

Oh and believe me, if that pile is not removed at 1 pm, I AM calling the local paper. I'm also quite capable of writing all this up in French as well, take pics and make my own flyers to post at the supermarket and mall. It is not slander, I am stating facts as they are happening - or not, in the case of the remaining pile of snow!

Rick C
December 19th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Best. . . . . Rant . . . . Of . . . . The . . . . Year. :thumbs up

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

SARAH
December 19th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Thank you :laughing: but I;m just so :censored: :censored: :censored: frustrated (fill those with whatever you like, in French and/or English, at least)

Consumer Protection told me to do a Mise En Demeure, so I'll write that up as soon as I've spoken to my lawyer to make sure I do it right. Better still, if she could do it on her letterhead :evil:

Now it's snowing again and of course no one's been. Oh, and "surprise" ... the "Manager, Stephanie" wasn't in her office when I called at 1 pm to tell her she was full of :censored: . How "strange!

BTW, the answering machine says 08-16, so only getting answers between 10:30 and 15:30 ... not good at all.

chico2
December 19th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Sarah,get a snowblower instead,even I at 63 can use it,works great and we have a looong drive-way:thumbs up

Rainy
December 19th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Is everyone else going with the same company on your street or are there many others?Are their driveways done?Call and tell them that you have spoken with xyz company(call a few)and they promise to be reliable and sufficient if **** can't!Good luck.
I am not using any company this year but last year my landlord went with them and they were always there and always did a great job.Maybe they do have an ass doing that route?

SARAH
December 19th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Everyone in the entire neighborhood is using Entreprise Dana and the service is great! Trouble is, they are fully booked, can't squeeze us in :sad: