Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

let's share...this morning what was your dogs breakfast?

rude
December 18th, 2007, 01:55 PM
let's share info...this morning my dogs breakfast was 1/4 cup plain oatmeal mixed with hot water...added a tablespoon of yogurt and a raw egg blended with shell...gobbled it right up:angel:

SARAH
December 18th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Normal ration of kibble for each, topped with half a tiny can of water from Misti's Fancy Feast breakfast :) they think I'm giving them something yummy so they eat every last peice :laughing: so easy to trick a dog :cool:

want4rain
December 18th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Misters is just about like that but with a touch of honey and ground flax seed (cause i dont use the stuff). its chilly out and that makes me feel like it keeps him warmer outside. :)

thats his main staple when we dont have 'left overs' for him. he also gets (in small portions) our left over cottage cheese, any veggies that are too ripe for us, bread products, noodles/mac and cheese... overly brused apples! he gets dinner left overs too. id say 20% of his diet is made up of healthy left overs??

for dinner he will get what the cats dont eat from a whole chicken.

-ash

rude
December 18th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Normal ration of kibble for each, topped with half a tiny can of water from Misti's Fancy Feast breakfast :) they think I'm giving them something yummy so they eat every last peice :laughing: so easy to trick a dog :cool:

oh you don't feed RAW:shrug:

Lissa
December 18th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Dodger eats once a day (afternoon-evening). He is getting lamb shank tonight.

He's on a raw diet but every morning he does get a 1/2 cup or less of kibble in his treat ball so he forgets that I am leaving.:laughing:

pitgrrl
December 18th, 2007, 09:46 PM
The dogs both got chicken/veggie mush for breakfast, Streets with slippery elm, Basil with his joint stuff, fish oil and vit. E. Exciting, no? :laughing:

Luba
December 18th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Great topic!!

Chicken breast, rutebega, carrot, celery, potato, tomato, flax cereal
Seasoned with paprika, cayenne
All mixed together with some olive oil

rainbow
December 19th, 2007, 02:52 AM
I don't feed raw. They get grain-free kibble though (Orijen: www.championpetfoods.com) and love it. :pawprint:

clm
December 19th, 2007, 07:09 AM
I don't feed raw either, but grain free orijen kibble mixed with wellness grain free canned is what they get for breakfast and dinner.

Cindy

want4rain
December 19th, 2007, 08:08 AM
um... the tail end of a paper egg crate :rolleyes: oops?? he is gettign more oatmeal mush this morning. any ideas for another kind of morning warm yummy goodness?? maybe ill do some cooked eggs? partially cooked eggs and malt-o-meal? we are skipping breakfast this morning!

most whole grains i can mash up with water (a lot to a little) and feed warm right??

last night he got the cats left over meat again. i think im over feeding him (almost a pound more than what he was eating before) but he isnt really gaining any chubby. gave 4 cats an almost 5lb chicken... they ate the breast and wings and part of the back. he got the rest. probably a good 2.5lbs of food.

yesterday he also had a handful of cheese puffs (ALL NATURAL!!:laughing:) and some Kashi cereal (the mighty bites which look like little people.... honest!) and some brown rice(a half a cup or so) and 1/4 cup or so of mac and cheese (bunnies) and an apple to play with in the side yard.

he will eat like this through out the week and then have a fasting day if its a really heavy feeding week. most weeks he gets a fasting day. :)

boy his diet sure has changed!! this whole raw home made stuff leaves much room for tweeking and exploring. somehow i think he likes it as much as i do!!!

-ashley