Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

results?

rude
December 18th, 2007, 11:43 AM
ok I started my dog maybe a week ago on this BARF diet...why ..her shedding year round like crazy...I'm hoping this big turn around will help...how fast did you see results starting this diet?

want4rain
December 18th, 2007, 12:29 PM
hmm.... id really have to think back... Mister's shedding while on kibble was due to allergies. maybe a month or more?? it was not a fast change. the ITCHING was a fast change but not the shedding. do you know why your dog sheds so much? is it abnormal?

-ashley

rude
December 18th, 2007, 12:49 PM
well it's not shedding season and there is dog hair all over the house...now I know the kibble isn't so great for her because the underneath and between her toes are stained red...to me this is an allergy thing or and can I give a can of sardines once a week..would this help?:lightbulb:

want4rain
December 18th, 2007, 01:02 PM
i give sardines on occasion but mostly he gets a fish oil supplement because sardines are expensive. :) which helped a great deal too.... although i suspect i could probabyl quit that now that he is raw. i woudlnt feed a whole meal of sardines, stretch a can?? use other foods with omegas?? such as free range eggs, flax seed (ground up).

-ash