- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

December 18th, 2007, 12:43 PM
ok I started my dog maybe a week ago on this BARF diet...why ..her shedding year round like crazy...I'm hoping this big turn around will fast did you see results starting this diet?

December 18th, 2007, 01:29 PM
hmm.... id really have to think back... Mister's shedding while on kibble was due to allergies. maybe a month or more?? it was not a fast change. the ITCHING was a fast change but not the shedding. do you know why your dog sheds so much? is it abnormal?

December 18th, 2007, 01:49 PM
well it's not shedding season and there is dog hair all over the I know the kibble isn't so great for her because the underneath and between her toes are stained me this is an allergy thing or and can I give a can of sardines once a week..would this help?:lightbulb:

December 18th, 2007, 02:02 PM
i give sardines on occasion but mostly he gets a fish oil supplement because sardines are expensive. :) which helped a great deal too.... although i suspect i could probabyl quit that now that he is raw. i woudlnt feed a whole meal of sardines, stretch a can?? use other foods with omegas?? such as free range eggs, flax seed (ground up).