Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

so where do you draw line???

heidiho
June 4th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Ok!! Another question then,everyone seems to think de clawing is cruel,well then what about people who cut off half of there dogs ears??? [dobes and such] How would you like your ear cut half off?? Just a question,dont want to cause a arguement,but alot of people think everything is cruel,so where do you draw the line???? And i am p/u up Damien tomorrow,the lady that has him says he is so well behaved i must of done something right,she actually left him in this house for a few hours and he did not destroy anything,i found a pet walker for during the week.I am lost without him,I am his mother and he belongs with me..She is just amazed at how good of a dog he is,and said i am not the typical person she sees turning dogs in,and knows how heartbroken i am,and said i have done a great job with him...........So for those of you who have negative comments i dont care,he is my best friend and he belongs with me.............. :) :) :)

sammiec
June 4th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Well, I am sure that this thread will go PAGES!!! LOL, oh geez, where to begin... :confused:

I personally feel that cropping ears and tails is gross! I hate it, its cruel and evil, but then what do I know. I think declawing is similar to ripping out fingernails.... I personally would never do it to a pet, but it wouldn't stop me from adopting one that had it done. It needs love too, especially away from the person that did it to them... but on the other hand, it could be viewed as a circumsission... (that's spelt wrong, but you know what I mean.) if it's done early enough... I don't know much about that though, so I'll just stop there....

PLUS, there really is not line - people will do what they like to their pets, regardless of any pain it might cause them - the owner MUST be the happy one in the relationship... a little pain to save a 500 dollar couch, meh.. go for it!! (this is sarcasim, don't anybody jump down my throat!!!)

And Damien, I won't get started - well a little, you come here for advice about the damn dog, and play along for a bit and go right back to square one ... just pray his agression doesn't get worse, but don't hold your breath....- I'm done with it

heidiho
June 4th, 2004, 11:40 AM
I know,but i dont care i love him,and i will leave it at that also.....That is exactly why i am here,ADVICE,and i ahve listened to everyones advice and apprieciate it,Thanks everyone for your advice....

Princesss04
June 4th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Heidi you were doing so good WHY???? That is part of love doing what is best. Do you think that he is going to like going back to that apartment when he has been allowed to run around and play with other dogs ALL day? I know you miss him but you said it your self you did what is best so that means now you are not you are doing what you think is best for YOU not HIM! I tild you to get a cat and feel the void in your life it will get easier hang in there. PLEASE if you love your dog. I know you want what is best come on Hedi think about this. :eek:

heidiho
June 4th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Well i guess i will leave this board,to make everyone happy,i do not need to get told i am doing the wrong thing,i love this dog and we will work out that food issue,try giving up your pet,i have got my cell phone and cable turned off so i can get someone to help us with the food problem,you dont get rid of your kid because they have problems,the last five days have been the worst of my life,this woman has done rescue for german shepherds for 20 years,she thinks i have done a great job with him,and you know what,i have,and i dont need people that have never met me or him to try and make me think otherwise,she knows about the food issue and we are gonna work it out....If you guys cant see where i am coming from i am sorry,but this has been heartwrenching and these last few days without him i realize exactly how much he means to me and if you cant understand that get rid of your pet for a week and you will,take care............

sammiec
June 4th, 2004, 12:14 PM
Allright, bye now! - are you really going this time? I think since I've been here, like 2 weeks, you told us you were leaving like 5 times, and yet here you still are.
you are like an animal yourself, chasing your figgin tail and getting no where....

heidiho
June 4th, 2004, 12:18 PM
Actually one more thing,i look at things people write here,when their pet is deathly ill,and they are on here for advice,that is a good pet owner to you guys??Not in my book,if someone doesnt know when there pet needs to go to a vet,they shouldnt have one.And the rescue lady said damien can come play there whenever i want to bring him,She said if i want to bring him a couple of days during the week,or bring him on a sat. to play she would love it...Ok,now i am done..... Thanks for all the advice....

mona_b
June 4th, 2004, 12:34 PM
heidiho,I have had to give up a pet.My cat when I was pregnant with my daughter.No I didn't give her up because I was pregnant,if that was the case I would have had to give up my previous GSD..Any time my neice or nephew would scream,she literaly attacked their head,drawing blood.And there was no way I was going to lock my cat up.So I had given her to a friend of mine who had no kids.It broke my heart.But I had to think of both my baby and my cat.And she was 3 years old.Try having to give up an older pet.

As it was said,how could you bring him back after he has had all that room to run and is with other dogs.Now you are being really unfair to him.

MBRA518
June 4th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Yup sometimes it really hurts to do the right thing... I had a dog that had been friendly, well behaved and well socialized until he went through the storm door after a young girl who rang my door bell to sell cookies.... literally through his weight against the door, it flexed and flew open and he bit her twice before my boyfriend (who'd been in the other room) pulled him off. I wasn't forced to put him down... but keeping him was not fair to him - he would never be allowed off leash again and would have to wear a muzzle in public.... This would have seriously changed his life style. The only other option was to find a new home and I was worried he'd do it again, or fall into the wrong hands (large aggressive dog) so I had him put down. It was horribly hard for me to do, I cried for weeks... put I know it was the right thing to do for my situation.

heidiho
June 4th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Well that is not his permenant home to begin with,and he can go there whenever we want.See here is the thing,not that anyone here will ever see my point,this lady has been doing gs rescue for 20 years,she came highly recommended,she has met me and my dog and has had a talk with another lady that does rescue,and she thinks i have been given Damien a great life,she knows how much i love him,and she has seen that he is a very good ,well behaved dog,and i am the one that got him that well trained,she has seen lots of people in her time give up their pets,and said i am not the typical person she meets,she does not think he has such a horrible life like everyone here does,none of you have met me or my dog,she has..I think i listened to everyone here so much that i started thinking god i am a horrible person,but guess what i am not,i have taken very good care of him,i love him and this week without him just shown me how much,he isnt going to prison,we will be going over there alot so he can play,but he is MY dog and i am not a bad person,and it shows when you see how good my dog is...Sorry i dont have 10 acres or whatever you guys think a dog should have,but neither does half the people that own pets.....I am the person my dog thinks i should be........................................

sammiec
June 4th, 2004, 03:09 PM
.....I am the person my dog thinks i should be........................................

You are a real piece of work chick....I can't believe you had the balls to say that....

Karin
June 4th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Oh good grief! Ms. Ho is back AGAIN! Geesh! How many times are you going to depart today Ms. Ho? You are a drama queen and so full of yourself...

Do yourself a favor, (and the entire animal population..) ..get a pet rock and Please, try not to kill it!

Princesss04
June 4th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Karin LOL!!! :D I needed a laugh you are funny! :D

heidiho
June 4th, 2004, 03:24 PM
I thought you guys would like that,well congrats on every one being the perfect pet owner,and vet..Yes the ho is here..It must be great to know everything of what is right and wrong,what is cruel and what is not,do your pets speak to you and tell you all this????God you guys know everything that is why i stay,lol actually gives me a good laugh and the people i work with and show some of what you guys say a good laugh also.Makes me realize i am not a nut half of you are,so why would i leave,well i am sure you guys will get me kicked off,thats ok..I know i am not a bad person...

sammiec
June 4th, 2004, 03:27 PM
K, so as your thread is called - where do you draw the line?? draw it, cross it, and don't come back... why would you belittle yourself with all us nuts - don't waste all your time here, go to work - OR, play with your dog

heidiho
June 4th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Drama queen,i am not,you seem to like confrontation not me,i just tell it how i see it,you just dont like what i say,and that is ok....So i cannot and will not get rid of my dog,so shoot me,bet you would if you could,i will work through the food thing,that is just not good enough to give up on him,took a week without him to realize it,but i did..GEEZ does this mean you dont want to see his new pics?? How sad,ok... ;) ;) ;)

sammiec
June 4th, 2004, 03:29 PM
here we go, chasing your tail, repeat, repeat, repeat.

Karin
June 4th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Karin LOL!!! :D I needed a laugh you are funny! :D

Thanks....I'll be here all week....

heidiho
June 4th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Proper use of a crate

Crating a puppy or dog often seems unappealing to humans, but it is
not cruel to the dog. A dog's crate is similar to a child's playpen,
except it has a roof (dogs can jump out of a playpen) and is
chewproof. Also, a crate is not suitable for activity or exercise, but
rather for rest. Dogs are carnivores and do not need to be constantly
active during the daytime, like people (as gatherers) do.

If a crate is properly introduced to a dog (or puppy) the dog will
grow to think of the crate as its den and safe haven. Most dogs that
are crated will use the open crate as a resting place.

The major use of a crate is to prevent the dog from doing something
wrong and not getting corrected for it. It is useless to correct a dog
for something that it has already done; the dog must be "caught in the
act". If the dog is out of its crate while unsupervised, it may do
something wrong and not be corrected, or worse yet, corrected after
the fact. If the dog is not corrected, the dog may develop the problem
behavior as a habit (dogs are creatures of habit), or learn that the
it can get away with the behavior when not immediately supervised. A
dog that rarely gets away with anything will not learn that if nobody
is around it can get away with bad behaviors.

If the dog is corrected after the fact, it will not associate the
correction with the behavior, and will begin to think that corrections
are arbitrary, and that the owner is not to be trusted. This results
in a poor relationship and a dog that does not associate corrections,
which are believed arbitrary, with bad behaviors even when they are
applied in time. This cannot be overemphasized: a dog's lack of trust
in its owner's corrections is one of the major sources of problems
between dogs and their owners.

A secondary advantage of a crate is that it minimizes damage done by a
dog (especially a young one) to the house, furniture, footwear etc.
This reduces costs and aggravation and makes it easier for the dog and
master to get along. It also protects the dog from harm by its
destruction: ingestion of splinters or toy parts, shock from chewing
through wires, etc.

A young dog should be placed in its crate whenever it cannot be
supervised.

If a dog is trained in puppyhood with a crate, it will not always
require crating. Puppies or untrained dogs require extensive crating.
After a year or so of crate training, many dogs will know what to do
and what not to, and will have good habits. At this time crating might
only be used when the dog needs to be out of the way, or when
traveling.
__________________________________________________ _______________

Crating do's and don'ts

Princesss04
June 4th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Proper use of a crate

After a year or so of crate training, many dogs will know what to do
and what not to, and will have good habits.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Crating do's and don'ts

A year that is a long time to crate an animal and that certainly will take a big crate becuase he will be a BIG dog by than!

mona_b
June 4th, 2004, 03:43 PM
I have nothing against crating..What I am against is those who leave their growing puppy in it for 8 hours a day.

sammiec
June 4th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Interesting paper... but funny it doesn't say anything about the dog sitting in there for 9 hours a day in its own feces and urine, enjoying its chew toy. It doesn't say anything about the bordem that sets in and the dog is miserable... it doesn't say anything about the dog having to stay in nearly the ame position all day....
I use a create with my dog... I'm not against them at all - it's all how you use them - and using them as a babysitter for 8 to 9 hours is just cruel...

Princesss04
June 4th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Why is she not letting him out in the house? I mean if he has chnaged that much and is like a new dog why not try it. I mean GSD are going to get big and one day maybe he will just say I have had it and eat her!!!! :eek:

heidiho
June 4th, 2004, 03:55 PM
I have a huge crate,he can stand,turn and so on,NO way will he be in it for a year,as smart as he is,i think he will have the apt soon,yeas i agree with 8 hours,that does suck,i do the best i can,my dog does not have a horrible crappy life,he is well loved,and i will get better with him..............

Princesss04
June 4th, 2004, 03:55 PM
That is awful I should not have said that sorry! I hope there is no rule about that sorry to the people that are in charge, if you need to change it to make it sound more nice I understand! LOL :D HEHEHEHEHEHE :D

heidiho
June 4th, 2004, 03:56 PM
:) :) :) :) THat was damn funny,maybe he will eat me...........That was really a good one..........

Princesss04
June 4th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Thanks I thought it was fitting I mean food aggression and all! LOL :D I mean why not eat the thing that caused it! :D

heidiho
June 4th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Maybe he will,but i doubt it sweetheart...

Princesss04
June 4th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Oh, you called me sweetheart thanks! :D

mona_b
June 4th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Princess,I'm very proud of you...This is why.

GSD=German Shepherd Dog

Not gs.Cause this could stand for Gordon Setter

I know I have stated this before...But The GSD is the only breed that uses the word Dog in it.

There is no :D RD for Rottweiler Dog
There is no DPD for Dobernan Pincher Dog

Sorry,but I just needed to say that................ :D

heidiho
June 4th, 2004, 04:23 PM
You have got to be kidding me..Pretty obvious i am talking about my german shepherd when i put gs,that is what i said i have,you guys cannot really be this picky no way...

mona_b
June 4th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Sorry,but if you have the breed,then use the correct short form.

I'm not being picky,it's just logic......... :D

Princesss04
June 4th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Oh, WOW look we have taken two pages on this question for her AGAIN!!!! Imagine that LOL! Where do you work at Heidi. Do you get a lunch break and how long I already asked that once I think but never got an answer. It would be better if YOU could go home and take care of him everyday. Just wondering! When are you getting him back or is he already home (and locked in prison) or better yet has he been home ALL this time! :eek:

mona_b
June 4th, 2004, 04:33 PM
LMAO Princess.

Well I'm going to the gym to let off some steam..... :D

You all behave now..... :p

Karin
June 4th, 2004, 04:34 PM
You have got to be kidding me..Pretty obvious i am talking about my german shepherd when i put gs,that is what i said i have,you guys cannot really be this picky no way...

Ms. Ho, why must you post so much? Is there a race or competition on this board that compels you to post so much stupid stuff?

Or are you just a miserable drama queen needing to be the focus of all attention?

Don't answer that...I know I am talking to a wall...

heidiho
June 4th, 2004, 04:47 PM
No he has been there since sunday,had to take him and get him neutered before she would take him in.

heidiho
June 4th, 2004, 04:50 PM
No not really,but people keep responding so i will also....Why dont all you negative people get together and form a team and quit posting t my stuff then..And if how you abbrieviate a breed of dog gets to you,you also have issues...

Princesss04
June 4th, 2004, 04:51 PM
But in the long run i am sure this will be the best for him..

Heidi you said this over and over you knew that was what was BEST for HIM maybe not YOU but for HIM. Be a good mom (not saying that you have not been) and let him stay! You are sad we all know that and I feel bad for you, I thought about you when I got off work last night and went home to my cat. I know it is hard but he has freinds room to run. Please leave him there. Get a cat it will help. Than, go vist him and see him but this is what is best! And you are a smart person and I know that you understand this it is hard I know think of how happy you said he was and has been think of him PLEASE!!!!

heidiho
June 4th, 2004, 04:55 PM
I am just not sure why you think living with me is so bad???? Besides the fact you guys cant stand me,why cant he live with me and go visit her??? What is so wrong with that..I have had him since he was 7 weeks old,there is a very strong bond there.No other pet could replace him...

Princesss04
June 4th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Yes, you can offer him LOVE. But she can offer him that as well. Heidi look at this list

YOU
1. Love
2. Cage (while you are at work and at night)
3. No dogs with him through the day
4. No yard to run in
5. Little apartment
6. You have had all kinds of problems with his eatting with no change

HER
1. Love
2. No cage
3. Dogs (friends) to play with all the time
4. Yard to run in all the time
5. Big house many acres
6. She has seen a change in his eatting

Do what is right for him not you!

Princesss04
June 4th, 2004, 05:00 PM
I am just not sure why you think living with me is so bad???? Besides the fact you guys cant stand me,why cant he live with me and go visit her??? What is so wrong with that..I have had him since he was 7 weeks old,there is a very strong bond there.No other pet could replace him...

You are not bad and living with you is not bad. But, for him he needs more than just love. You have taken good care of him and he knows that he is loved just right now was not a good time in your life. I want you to have a pet but one that is better for you and the pet. I know you love him and that will never change BUT he needs more and ONLY YOU can give that to him. It is all up to you. The ball is in your park take it and score. Make him happy not just you but him. He is your baby and as a parent you MUST do what is right. Think about it. I am not attacking you just wanting you to think. If you can honestly sit there and tell me that living with you is ALOT better than living with her than I will shut up and say no more. But, if you are HONEST with yourself than you will realize he needs to stay there no matter how hard it is on you it is harder for him to leave that environment. He loved it there you said it yourself MANY time. Let him be happy! :)

Karin
June 4th, 2004, 05:01 PM
*shaking head*

Ms. Ho, you are a total waste of precious oxygen.

I am beginning to believe you never had a dog...

Muenchhausen syndrome maybe? (My spelling may be off since I do not have a PDR anymore)

chico2
June 4th, 2004, 05:19 PM
Oh Heidi,here you go again :D I can understand why you got your dog back,probably not the best for him,but heck as you've said many times You LOVE him,right :p and we can all understand that part,or maybe you never gave him up in the first place...
Anyway,I wanted to ask you what kind of work you do,since you can sit and talk on Forum for sooo long,government employee?? :D :D
Also we or at least I,would love to see a picture of this much talked about puppy Damien,he is almost as famous as Lassie :D :D

heidiho
June 4th, 2004, 05:22 PM
I am gonna be taking tons of pics tomorrow,will get them up here monday.Gonna take some at her place so i can get some of me and him,and will take some in my apt..HEE!! HEE!! no idont work for the government i work in the car business,very laid back....

heidiho
June 4th, 2004, 05:24 PM
OH MY GOD...YOU guys come on,what can i do to prove it,well the pic will speak for themselves...Yeah i have no dog,whatever.....

heidiho
June 4th, 2004, 05:25 PM
That is good m by proxy,i love it.............Well gotta go,hey you get abreak from me til monday,enjoy..will have the pic up monday.....

sammiec
June 4th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Okay ladies and gentlemen, lets just drop it, I know it's hard, but this is such a waste. There is really no helping thi situation. She doesn't REALLY care what anyone has to say, she is a good dog owner, she loves her dog, this is the best thing for them blah blah blah - it's overwhelming and wasting time that we would actually be helping people that give a rats behind...

melanie
June 4th, 2004, 06:36 PM
before this post gets removed or anything i just thought i would try get this in. heidi, if you insist on keeping damien there are some changes you must make, sacrifices for the happiness of him. i have had to do it and im sure many here have to, yeah it can be hard making sacrifices but that is what we do for love and to keep our puppies happy.
as you have seen being with this lady has made him happy, he really had a good time there. now there are plenty of dogs that have fullfilling and rewarding lives as apartment dogs, and they would never miss out on anythng and are very happy. i dont think damien is that sort of dog. if you are keeping him you need to change your living arangements and get out of the apartment into a house with a yard with a good fence. he obviously likes his space and he will be a big dog. so how long is your lease?? is there any way to get out of it, can you advertise for someone to take over for you?? if worse comes to worse can you break it, yeah it may cost but damien needs it, but check your laws really carefullly before doing this??
then find a house, can you find a share house wiht a yard if you cant afford it alone just yet?? or can you find a house, rent it and get in room mates to cover the cost?? i have done all of the above before to avoid living in apartments (cant do it with dog in most places here anyway), i have always managed to find a house.
and find out all the minute details of how the lady he visited fed him, and do that, she obviously did something right. you are lucky to have found a helpful friend there to help with him,please listen to her and follow her advice. :)

Catt31
June 4th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Wheeeeeeee are we on page 3 yet????? Go heidi Go!!! She has almost as many posts as I do, and I've been on here a year LONGER???? WTF is up with that?? GO FIGURE!!!

WAIT - I'm confused....you said in an earlier post you would never give up cable because of the Sopranos?!?!?!?!? But in this post you said that you gave up your cell phone and cable to help pay for training for Damien?!?!??!?!

All I can say is... poor Damien!!! :(

And btw heidi, I thought you said you were leaving?????? BYE!!!! And to quote Billy Bob...don't let the proverbial door hit you in the BUTTOCKS on the way out!!!! :p

I agree with sammie...Now that I've had my say, let's just drop this so it ends!!

Iggette
June 4th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Ok Girls don't go into attack mode :) because I must have missed something here :confused: heidiho, why did you give your dog to a rescue? Because you live in an apt? Sounds like Hiediho loves this dog and will give it a loving home.......It wouldn't be the first dog housed in an apt?

What is the missing link here?

Signed.........to lazy to look it up :confused:

cutelittlemako
June 4th, 2004, 08:37 PM
WOW - Always more than 2 pages :)

Lucky Rescue
June 4th, 2004, 08:42 PM
heidiho, why did you give your dog to a rescue? Because you live in an apt?

Once again, NO ONE says a dog cannot be kept in an apartment!! This particular dog is a 5 month old, large, high energy working breed who is being kept in a crate all day long, is not being fed often enough and who has food aggression.

Heidiho has not taken any advice anyone has given her. She doesn't know how to care for, or train this dog and continues to ask the same questions over and over and over.....why, I don't know.

The unselfish thing would be to get this dog rehomed while he is young and before he is totally ruined. But heidi has the "I want" mentality and that is all she can think of.

That is the missing link.

deerclan
June 4th, 2004, 09:27 PM
I was wondering if the food aggression may be linked to being in the crate all day.Getting that 1 meal in the morning and having to wait all day for it's next meal could this be the problem or one of the factors for the aggression.
Just wondering!

DeerClan

Catt31
June 4th, 2004, 10:30 PM
Deerclan - Thats what we all said at the very beginning, prior to the 800 times she asked that darn question!!!

Iggy, first she was giving to an ex's sisters friends friend but she decided not to, then she was keeping the dog, then she was getting rid of it, then she was keeping it again, then she found some lady who rescued 20 GSD's and would take her dog, she cried for 3 days about it, then decided to take the dog back. And she was worried leaving him on an acreage with 20 other dogs to play with was going to confuse him???????? Does anyone else here see where the confusion lies??? :rolleyes:

If you can stomach it, go back and read all her posts.....it will all make more sense...but make sure you have a few HOURS!!!! And a "beverage" in hand!!! I stayed out of many arguments, but I can't keep quiet any longer ....that poor dog is probably so messed up and confused its no wonder he has food aggression...not sure where or when his next meal is coming from!!! Poor Damien!!! :(

Luba
June 4th, 2004, 11:48 PM
I can't believe this is still goin on?

Iggette
June 5th, 2004, 12:57 AM
Funny you should say but yes I have drink in hand but from what you say I have no need to look at last posts.
I say simply this.......I understand that you did this dog a great service and trained it well to this point, but as you have apparently stated before you felt you were now doing this dog a diservice............ I ask you why did you feel this way?
Now I tell you ...............Because you know in your heart that this is true. You also know in your heart that you love this dog. you also know that what you did in the first place when you placed this dog it was out of love for it. So why in all this did you loose that feeling.
I will tell you.
Because from what I have heard this wonderful woman that has rescued so many GSD"s (God bless Her) has somehow twisted the situation into having you take her back thinking you love her so much how bad can it be?. I agree, how bad can it be when you love a dog so much? it just doesn't seem to make scence.
Let me tell you how it makes sence.
This dog can grow up having a life of apt living or whatever and have a master that loves it better than it's own life would give anything (well not quite)to see that said puppy has a happy life or..........................said puppy could have the same type of owner.......................(said owner would love it to death as you do ) and puppy would have a life of riley.

You see Hiedieho I can see it from many points of veiw I was an adopted child given up for hopes that I too would have a better life...............I did!!!!! and I know it!!!!!!!!!

I also adopted a dog at the age of 9 months that used to live in an apt. he is part german sheppard part hound and I can tell you at the age of 9 months this pup has alot of energy to burn and was not the kind of dog that needed love in an apt. His Mommy did the best thing for him she loved him dearly as well but she gave him up.
Now I have him and he is a happy dog that can have the run of a farm and all the pleasures that come with it. He would never be the dog that he has become without the freedom that he has today.......
I say think unselfishly and give him or her the opportunity to become the best friend that he or she can.....think beyond your own feelings and you will be a better person for it :)
i KNOW ITÈS HARD BUT IT HAS TO BE DONE DOÈNT GIVE IN OR YOU ARE DOING YOUR BEST FRIEND A DISERVICE

RAMBLE RAMBLE

mona_b
June 5th, 2004, 08:33 AM
Now I need to point something out that was brought to my atention because I'm blonde,aging,and memory is going.......... :D

When you give up an animal,be it a rescue,shelter,HS,or SPCA....You sign the animal over to them......And it will be a cold day in heck if you think you have a chance of getting this animal back.

Sorry,just had to point that out.......... :D

chico2
June 5th, 2004, 08:55 AM
Mona,I was thinking of that too,if it is that easy to get your dog back,it would be a cheap way to board your dog if you on vacation :p

cutelittlemako
June 5th, 2004, 09:59 AM
Yes, but Heidi seems to be able to get people's compassion before you get to know how she is on this board (she had mine). If the lady doesn't know that she's going to get sworn at and called names if there is ever a disagreement, then she might just think Heidi is a poor woman who is mixed up and never had any help from anyone. I mean you guys have been spending hours and hours collectively to help her because to a certain point you feel compassion. If not, then why are all the posts so long? This rescue lady must feel the same way. (IF that is the real story).

Catt31
June 5th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Agreed 100% Mako!!! I did, on 2 occasions have sympathy for heidi.....but then she just turned it all around and became selfish, and not thinking of the dog's best interest! Love is a whole gammet of feelings and apparently she doesn't know them all. It's a shame really, that it is the dog that suffers!! :mad:

Chany
June 5th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Okay I know I've been gone for a few days but a couple of things are missing here:
1). I thought Heidi decided to give Damien away? :confused: :confused: Wasn't there a thread of her being so upset and crying and everyone giving her sympathy? :confused: and..
2). I thought she found a GSD forum to answer all of her questions? :confused: ....Just wondering...

BTW Heidi you've been shown extreme tolerance and patience when trying to help your dog. Did you not try any of the suggestions or are you try to find such an easy answer that no work will be involved?? Because your not going to find it.

Catt31
June 5th, 2004, 12:09 PM
AMEN Chany!! And...congrats on making it a 3 page thread!! Wheeeee!!! I tried!!! LMAO :D

Bill & Bob
June 5th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Ok, what the hell happened around here while I was gone? Been working for the past week digging a hole. Lots of fun, but Bob comes along and watches.

So..............I come back and a certain someone is still around? What happened to the long winded boo hooing and soap opera cry fest where she was giving the dog up to her rescuing friend? I read that one evening and it made me want to puke. Anyone want to call me a typical guy making that comment? Go ahead, I've been called a SNAG in the past and was a social worker with guys in prison for nine years. It's not an exact science, but you can often tell when emotion is real and when it's a lure with a hook for attention! What the heck happened? Then she was getting a cat? What's next? A giraffe? 'What should I feed my Giraffe? My Giraffe mews at me when I pet it's foot, what should I do?' 'I'm getting a pony.' 'I'm getting an ant farm. My ants don't come when I call them, what should I do? I'm giving the ants away to an ant rescue.//////////////////////////////' 'Oh, I miss my ants, I can't live without them and I know they miss me.....'

You say this site is addictive. That wouldn't surprise me if you think that, because you are exibiting many addictive personality tendencies. Tell ya what...Go get some damn help? Quit burdening the rest of the people who come here with your addiction problem.......Oh, I won't say what I was about to. Even I draw the line...

She keeps telling us that everybody she knows says that her dog is incredibly well behaved and there are no problems with the dog. So why did/does she keep coming here with her food/aggression/personal problems? Why isn't she spreading all the good advice she has about bringing up a well behaved dog if she's such a good and responsible owner?

She kept telling us that she knew it was best for the dog in taking her to this grand place, and yet now the dog is returning to the same situation it departed from except that now there's no cable or cell phone?

Question...Do you have ADHD? Do a google search for something called the DSM-IV revised edition and look it up in there. You display a significant number of the symptoms. You don't seem able to remember anything that anyone says, even stuff you say yourself. As well, you change topics more often than anyone I've ever seen. However, you seem equally able to irritate the hell out of me and others no matter what topic you cover. You could piss me off describing a glass of water! Please, anyone who actually has ADHD, don't think I'm being a jerk in this regard. Seriously, her posts are so erratic, confusing, conflicting, short, etc. I really question her ability to focus on anything for more than 10 seconds which I'm sure is about as long as she thinks about something before she types it.

You say that you wish we could meet your dog. Christ, I'd love to meet your dog. I'd do anything to meet your dog and help him debrief about his situation. I wish the poor devil could type so he could get answers to your questions and we would never have to hear from you again. I'm sure the dog would love to vent a bit about having to live with you as well.

You say don't read what you post if we don't like it? How the hell can we not read it. You post everywhere! Five hundred times over the same damn thing? This board is full of your posts. I feel sometimes like I'm in the middle of a dog S*&$ting field with no shoes on when I see you've been about on the message boards here. Tell me again in this situation how I don't step in something? Tell me?

Lucky Rescue, I have done my best to be diplomatic in this post. I don't think I have used any words that would be considered parental guidance rated. The content and intent may be somewhat hostile, but coming to this site with her on it, I almost feel like I am in a constant state of being provoked. Even Lassie would have bit if she was annoyed this much. You know my thoughts on this subject, given my last post on this subject last week when I thought we were done with her.

Just a suggestion, but on the hockey websites I've been on in the past they have a rule about not starting redundent subjects in new posts because they clutter up the message board. Poeple who violate the rule are informed of the rule and referred to the previous posts where the topic was discussed. Subsequent breaches of the rule will result in more serious warnings. Continuing to ignore the rule will result in a person being banned.

Again, I know that moderators don't like to be told what to do and that's fine. But this is getting to the point where it's disruptive to the enjoyment of others who frequent this joint. I'm not religious, but I will pray to God that she doesn't find the means of getting a computer at home where she has all weekend to post on here. If this is as bad as it gets when she's at work I can't imagine what it would be like if she had all day to post. What the hell does she do at this auto dealer that she has all this time to surf here?

But oh, I forgot...today she's out washing the dogs at the rescue where Damien was supposed to be living and wouldn't have time to use a computer.....Want to know how I remembered that? BECAUSE I HEARD IT 50 TIMES!

I'm almost ready to say that I would literally crawl on my hands and knees through the scorpions, snakes, nettles and sand of the deserts of Arizona to destroy the computer she uses so she couldn't post here.

Want to know why that wouldn't work? Because she goes to the library to read books about dog behaviour and training so much and she would just use the computers there! Want to know how I know that? Because I've read it 50 times!

Damn, I know I'm going to be told I'm PMSing again. Karin I think it was you who mentioned that I was doing that, and should move on to childbirth. If childbirth is anything like this, I will go and get myself fixed immediately! I won't have any part in causing that kind of distress.

Bill & Bob
June 5th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Addendum: In response to the thread title "Where do you draw the line." Draw it here. Make the line deep and wide. Far to wide to cross, even in the dynamic expanses of cyberspace.

Bill & Bob
June 5th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Quoted from the Pets.ca site rules with respects:
Over 95% of the people that come to this site respect the rules, and we thank all of you. You have made this site one of the best pet information sites on the Internet. You have our thanks and our gratitude. We even apologize for having to write all of these rules and redundant information. Unfortunately 5% of all our visitors still add up to a lot of wasted time and aggravation.
Look at the bold text carefully. The mention of apology indicates an interest in reducing redundant and thus cluttering information. Unfortunately it would appear that this one person is making up for what would normally have been covered by a total of 5% of the participating population frequenting this site. The only thing that impresses out of this is her ability to carry such a heavy load.

sammiec
June 5th, 2004, 03:56 PM
EXCEELNT post!!! LMAO, vey good comments! I was surprised to see the number of comments still. This is ridiculous...this board has formed into a demented monster and I'm sure many guests are not returning once they see that we're not talking about training, pet stories, vet questions, etc... excpect where all sitting here complaining anLOCK THIS THREAD!!! d getting extremely frustrated with one person that is concernedLOCK THIS THREAD!!! about HER well being, NOT the animal.... LOCK THIS THREAD!!! LOCK THIS THREAD LOCK THIS THREAD!!! !!! LOCK THIS THREAD!!! LOCK THIS THREAD!!!

Please, save us some sanity, and even a consideration of what BIll&Bob's last post stated about the person(s) that come here to cause trouble - I believe it said that their posts would be deleted and they will be removed from the site.... might be a good idea, or this board will just turn into another childish bickering forum....if it's not there allready.... :mad: :confused: :(

cutelittlemako
June 5th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Sammie, you're right, it really should be locked because she will return on monday and guess what... she's going to reply to everyone that sent comments. This could last for 10 pages. Or better yet, she will just start another thread that will be misleading to newcomers that will say nasty things about everyone. That's how I fell for it, a new thread. I was new here and I asked a question and she started talking about he GSD (or should I say GS :rolleyes: ) and I thought she was being attacked for nothing, but then I realized that there are dozens of her posts that seem to be intended just to start arguments.

cutelittlemako
June 5th, 2004, 04:30 PM
I just did a "report bad post" for the first post in this thread. I don't know what the procedure for this is, but many people have been put down and insulted here and I think that when Heidi returns, it will just be more of the same. In the bottom of the message box it said to only use it for Spam, advertisements, fighting of herassements. Well in my opinion, this is begining to look alot like fighting. It's provocation and many people seem to have had enough.
Just wanted to share what I did.

chico2
June 5th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Well,after all that,I think our main concern is this poor puppy...personally it really bothers me,this growing,lively puppy is kept in a crate for 8-10 hours a day.I can understand the need for a crate,although I never had one for my dogs,but if Damien is SO well behaved,he should at least have the kitchen to himself +food and water.
I'll probably get heck for this,but I think it's neglect and abuse to leave a puppy,whitout food for that amount of time and in a small crate to boot.
Now,I am not a dog-owner,so what do I know,right?
But I did have dogs at one time,GSD/ChowX,Cocker and a dog like Sadie and would not dream of putting them in a cage for that many hours.
I realize most people do have to work,unlike me and still want the companion-ship of a dog,but with that also comes accidents on the floor and the odd chewed piece of furniture,that's puppy-ownership :D Why a cage??

cutelittlemako
June 5th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Yes Chico, but there is nothing we can do for the puppy. At least not physically. We can give advice that will lead to nowhere, but that is still not helping the puppy. If it was worth the time, one posting would have been enough. When I ask questions, when I get answers or suggestions, I try to apply them, with consistency, and then in a week if it doesn't work, then I might ask again (never had to). But these questions are the same day after day, which leads me to believe (and many others have addressed this) that the suggestions might not be applied.

Lucky Rescue
June 5th, 2004, 07:08 PM
We have used and wasted thousands of words, our time, our advice, links, condolences etc etc etc on this issue.

I am going to lock this thread. I don't know what is the problem with the person in question, but I think we can all agree that nothing we say is going to remedy it. So maybe we should call it quits?

Even Lassie would have bit if she was annoyed this much

That's pretty funny. Gave me a real laugh after a tough day trying to get homes for kitties!