Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Could almost touch the Sky

breeze
December 17th, 2007, 04:12 PM
After the storm yesterday and the clean up today, I wanted to see just how high the hill was in our back yard that the tractor so kindly left for us..:rolleyes:

i climbed up the mountain first to see if it was safe enough.

as you can see our neighbour did not clean their back deck

SARAH
December 17th, 2007, 04:14 PM
WOW, you'll be setting up slalom gates on that hill next!

CearaQC
December 17th, 2007, 04:15 PM
You can play king of the mountain on that pile! :laughing:

breeze
December 17th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Once on the top of the mountain Bree was right by my side to make sure I was ok :laughing: She was on the lounge leash cause she was not listening to anything I had to say maybe she has snow in her ears from yesterday hehehehe

I was actually able to touch the branch of my other neighbours tree :eek:

What a great view from up here.. I wish it was a better view of a beautiful lake or miles and miles of land..:sad:

breeze
December 17th, 2007, 04:19 PM
even though it is not the picture perfect back yard it is my home and with Bree by my side playing in the snow with me and just keeping me company on top of the hill who could ask for anything better..

SARAH
December 17th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Ooh, I saw my old front door in that last picture!

We stopped by on Saturday to pick up some mail that hadn`t been forwarded ... they hadn`t even scraped the ice, or sanded, so with the snow on top... and they have small kids too. Oh well, I guess they know what they`re doing. Strange to see the place like this though.

Frenchy
December 17th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Nice hill ! I have about the same one in front of my dining room window. I can't believe your neighbors ! Not cleaning their patio , what if there's a fire and they can't get out by the front door ? :eek:

Bree looks like a queen on top of her hill :D

breeze
December 17th, 2007, 05:17 PM
I can't believe your neighbors ! Not cleaning their patio , what if there's a fire and they can't get out by the front door ? :eek:

that is why mine is always clean...
none of my neighbours clean their patio..:shrug:

Frenchy
December 17th, 2007, 05:22 PM

It's really dangerous :sad: even when I lived in appartements I would clean the balconies , exits.

breeze
December 17th, 2007, 05:25 PM
yup me too :thumbs up

my grandfather aways taught me that you have to have a front and back exit, no matter where you are.. the people around here think I am nuts to shovel ALL that snow.. but I have to...........

rainbow
December 17th, 2007, 06:55 PM
WOW.....I haven't seen snow that high since we lived in Kitimat. :eek: I sure wish I had pics to show you guys. We used to shovel a maze of paths in the backyard for the Sibes we had then to run so we had piles like that everywhere. It was a blast watching them run full speed through all the paths. :D

I love the last pic of Bree. :cloud9:

rainbow
December 17th, 2007, 06:56 PM

So if there's a fire you're going to have all your neighbours running through your place to get out. :D

breeze
December 17th, 2007, 06:57 PM
I usally make the paths you are taking about.. but I knida got a little tired :sad: and was not able to.. Russ is home tomorrow so I am hoping he will help me.. cause when Bree is off leash it is hard to catch her in the snow..

breeze
December 17th, 2007, 07:08 PM
So if there's a fire you're going to have all your neighbours running through your place to get out. :D

ssshhhhhh don't think or say that....knock on wood throw salt over shoulder bite your tounge and cross your fingers :pray:

rainbow
December 17th, 2007, 07:23 PM
I usally make the paths you are taking about.. but I knida got a little tired :sad: and was not able to.. Russ is home tomorrow so I am hoping he will help me.. cause when Bree is off leash it is hard to catch her in the snow..

I could never do it now.....I have a hard time shovelling the driveway. :o This was when we lived in Kitimat from 1989 to 1998 and did it all by hand shovelling. It was almost a full time job. :laughing: I'd definitely need a snowblower now. :D

rainbow
December 17th, 2007, 07:26 PM
ssshhhhhh don't think or say that....knock on wood throw salt over shoulder bite your tounge and cross your fingers :pray:

Okay.....sorry. :o

breeze
December 17th, 2007, 07:26 PM
I could never do it now.....I have a hard time shovelling the driveway. :o This was when we lived in Kitimat from 1989 to 1998 and did it all by hand shovelling. It was almost a full time job. :laughing: I'd definitely need a snowblower now. :D

I could use that right about now :laughing: but if you put bree's toy where you want the path she is very willing to help :laughing: now thats thinking outside the box:laughing::laughing:

TeriM
December 17th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Wow, that's a lot of snow :eek:. I love that last pic of Bree looking up at you :lovestruck:.

breeze
December 17th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Okay.....sorry. :o

it's ok Rainbow it just brought back 2 years ago memeries when a house in the next parking lot caght fire.. The whole row went up in flames.. it took the insurance companies 1 1/2 to settle. and the people who own the houses were not able to live in them for that time... I could not imagine going thought that..
our houses are 6 or 7 attached.... when one goes all goes.....

very very scary indeed....

breeze
December 17th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Wow, that's a lot of snow :eek:. I love that last pic of Bree looking up at you :lovestruck:.

and they are calling for more this week.... now this is what you call a white christmas:D

rainbow
December 17th, 2007, 07:52 PM
it's ok Rainbow it just brought back 2 years ago memeries when a house in the next parking lot caght fire.. The whole row went up in flames.. it took the insurance companies 1 1/2 to settle. and the people who own the houses were not able to live in them for that time... I could not imagine going thought that..
our houses are 6 or 7 attached.... when one goes all goes.....

very very scary indeed....

:grouphug: :o :grouphug:

wdawson
December 17th, 2007, 08:53 PM
holy snow mountain.......bree is too cute in the pic looking up at you:cloud9:

breeze
December 17th, 2007, 08:58 PM
is it enough snow for you WD?????? would you like some of it??

they are perdecting more this week:eek:

jiorji
December 17th, 2007, 09:13 PM
i like the pictures! Bree looks very pleased with the snow:D

wdawson
December 17th, 2007, 09:14 PM
is it enough snow for you WD?????? would you like some of it??

they are perdecting more this week:eek:

um let me think about it......NO.....i hate snow......this weekend was the longest i been out in it for years:D

hazelrunpack
December 17th, 2007, 10:19 PM
YoooooHooooo....I'll take it! I'll take it! :D Just think of how fast the leaf hauler would slide down that hill! :thumbs up

Bree looks so sweet in that last shot! :lovestruck: She seems perfectly content to sit up there with Mom and keep an eye on the neighborhood! :thumbs up

breeze
December 17th, 2007, 10:23 PM
As long as there is snow to eat, the occantional people passing by, she is very happy anywhere...:D

shredy
December 17th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Chloe is jealous of all the pictures of Bree in the snow..... Ok maybe its me that's jealous! I love her face!! Such expression!

growler~GateKeeper
December 18th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Holy Moly! That's a load o' snow - can I come play with you?? :D

Smiley14
December 18th, 2007, 01:35 AM
WOW! That's one big pile of snow! :laughing: What a cool perspective of the neighborhood though! Love Bree up on top with you. :lovestruck: :laughing:

SARAH
December 18th, 2007, 07:39 AM
and they are calling for more this week.... now this is what you call a white christmas:D

Don't need more, Christmas will be white anyway, no way all this will melt in a week!

As long as there is snow to eat, the occantional people passing by, she is very happy anywhere...:D

Oh, ever tried giving her a snow-cone with coffee? Well, not that we did, but Lewis accidentally spilled some coffee outside this morning and the dogs went nuts :D flavoured snow !!!