Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Maks has an appointment with destiny tomorrow.

ancientgirl
December 17th, 2007, 09:53 AM
I just got a call from my vet. She said the best thing to do right now, is to just get Maks in and have him done. She said he'd still have viable sperm for at least 7 days, BUT getting him neutered would kill his urge.

She said that since Kiska is in heat right now, she would rather just wait until my set appointment. Also, she told me that it's usually not normal for cats to be in heat at 4 months, but "with cats, all things are possible."

So tomorrow morning, I'm dropping Maks off. At least I'll be able to allow Kiska to run around tomorrow while I'm at work. And tonight, I'll keep my eyes on both of them and if I have to, I'll just keep one of them in my arms at all times. If that doesn't work, I'll just alternate and put them in the carrier for a little while at a time. At least that way neither one will be shut away alone, and they can be part of what's going on.

I feel bad keeping my Tiny Miss locked in the bathroom.

Love4himies
December 17th, 2007, 12:53 PM
He he, the old snip, snip for him! I think the younger they are the quicker they recover.

ancientgirl
December 17th, 2007, 01:19 PM
I just got off the phone with the vet just now again. I was taking him in tomorrow, but another vet was going to do him. But my vet said she wanted to do it so she moved some of her appointments, so I'm taking him in on Friday morning. And she also said that I shouldn't worry if they do "hook up." Maks is getting done on Friday now, and Kiska will get done next Friday so it won't matter.

At least I can let Kiska associate with everyone else. I felt bad. When I left she was meowing because she was alone, and the other three were sitting in front of the bathroom door.

rainbow
December 17th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Well, that's good news. :thumbs up So, they get to sow their wild oats a little bit first. :laughing:

ancientgirl
December 17th, 2007, 02:10 PM
OMG, I don't even want to think about it. I'm going to be traumatized! I'm telling myself they're probably only half-brother and sister, so its not that bad.:yuck:

I had just been worried that if she was pregnant it might be more difficult for her getting spayed, but the vet assured me she would be okay. And since I'm taking Maks on Friday, she'll most likely want to keep him overnight, since she did the same with Vlad and Oksana. I'll bring him home Saturday and give him plenty of huggies and kisses.

rjesak
December 17th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Hmmm, I don't think it's a bad idea to get Maks in ASAP but it won't definitely kill his urge. Maybe she just means temporarily while he's miserable? Oscar's been fixed for years but he still tries to mount Anya, pretty regularly. It seems to be kind of cyclic - he'll leave her alone for a while and then there'll be a couple of nights in a row when I can't keep him off her. Man, do I hate those nights. As I said, Anya sleeps between my legs, so I get woken up a lot!!! :laughing::yell::laughing:

ancientgirl
December 17th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Oh boy, well I'm going to have to cross that bridge when I come to it. I'll certainly discourage him when I see him.

Maybe if I keep the water bottle at the ready and hit him with a little stream of water when I see him trying something on her it may keep him from doing so while I'm gone.

I think that might be wishful thinking on my part.:laughing:

Anyway, I guess the important thing is knowing that even if they do try to get their thing on, in the future it won't produce any kitties.

rjesak
December 17th, 2007, 02:29 PM
It doesn't really seem to cause any harm though I stop it whenever I catch him at it. Anya will usually put up with it for a while and then she'll start growling. She really does love her Oscar so I think she puts up with it the way a lot of women put up with men doing things they don't like! :laughing::wall:

How is little Maks tummy, by the way? Is he all better?

ancientgirl
December 17th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Now are they related? Kiska and Maks adore each other. They look for each other constantly, and if they aren't sleeping right next to each other, they wind up that way at some point.

His tummy seems better. I kept him on dry yesterday after I'd noticed he threw up in the morning. This morning I did give him a tiny bit of canned with a lot of dry mixed in. Hopefully when I get home I won't see any barf or he won't have had diarrhea. He sees the others eating their canned food and he start meowing like "hey, what about me?" So I've been trying to give him some to try and get his tummy used to it little by little.

rjesak
December 17th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Oddly enough, though Anya and Zander are related, they don't really seem to take much note of each other. Oscar and Anya aren't related but seem to have formed an attachment of sorts. It's funny in a way, it reminds me of a codependant girl with her neglectful guy. Anya adores Oscar and will cuddle up to him and groom him... Oscar usually kind of puts up with it but doesn't generally reciprocate. He just goes after her when he wants to get a little - which he can't actually do because he got his cut off!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

ancientgirl
December 17th, 2007, 04:05 PM
LOL, well Vlad and Oksana are something like that. He adores her, but he's always trying to play rough. She just wants to be left alone. But now and then, I'll catch them cuddling and grooming each other. And on a rare occasion I'll see either one, watch the other sleeping and jump up and cuddle up next to them.