Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

It's beginning to look a lot like X-Mas

chico2
December 17th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Last night after it stopped snowing,hubby was doing the driveway with the snowblower,I was doing this:laughing:
Looks kind of pretty with all the snow:cat:

clm
December 17th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Very pretty. Christmas lights really do need snow to set them off properly.

clm

Frenchy
December 17th, 2007, 11:47 AM
I have been complaining about all that snow , but it does look beautiful , even better with the x-mas lights :thumbs up

Longblades
December 17th, 2007, 11:59 AM
We got at least 30 cm of snow but it blew around and drifted 90 cm deep (3 feet) on our roof. DH was up this morning to clear it off and reported that the bathroom vent was buried as were the heating duct whirlygigs. Poor guy, he just got our driveway and the neighbour's driveway cleared out last night, the snowblower put away and the plough went by for the first time all day. Back out again.

When Oban comes in he has peesicles.

CearaQC
December 17th, 2007, 12:04 PM
When Oban comes in he has peesicles.

:laughing::laughing:

The lights look really pretty!!

JanM
December 17th, 2007, 12:07 PM
It does look a lot like Christmas! Beautiful with the lights and snow :D

I have to add, though - I'm glad it's down your way and not mine!

rainbow
December 17th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Very pretty Chico. :thumbs up I guess the wind must have died down before you did that. :D

Love4himies
December 17th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Yes, snow is very pretty when is fresh. We got 40cm yesterday in that storm, lucky my DH has a tractor with a blade on it. He did the plowing, I did the playing. Kitties wouldn't go outside, but the deer did come to eat at their feeders.

chico2
December 17th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Rainbow,the lights were put up a while back,if hubby had his way,they'd be up in October:laughing:
I told him dec 10th is ok,not before:laughing:
I am not a great fan of X-Mas anymore,but I LOVE to decorate the inside of the house.
X-Mas eve comes along,with people coming,I'll be cooking,cooking and cooking:yell:
But that's ok,these are people who don't have family to celebrate with,so it'll be nice,after the cooking is done:cat:

breeze
December 17th, 2007, 03:29 PM
I love seeing Christmas lights in newly fallen snow... It's just soooo pretty :thumbs up

It make you all warm and fuzzy :cloud9:

SARAH
December 17th, 2007, 03:31 PM
I only have lights on one bush, but with all this snow, you can`t tell :yell:

Lukka'sma
December 17th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Beautiful lights Chico. We didn't put any up this year, but now I kind of wish we had of. Next year for sure.

krdahmer
December 18th, 2007, 12:07 AM
:yell: I worked so hard on making mine look nice... and now they are completely buried and no one can see them!:frustrated::laughing:

Yours look very festive Chico! :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
December 18th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Nice Lights Chico - always looks welcoming @ night in the snow :cloud9:

chico2
December 18th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Thank you all,our little bungalow looks really comfy with decorations inside and out.
Lukkasmom,there will be many more Christmas-Holidays,now Lukkas health is more important than X-Mas lights.
Dahmer ours are covered in snow too,but it makes it prettier.

CyberKitten
December 18th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Awwwwwwwwww, look beautiful Chico!! I have to admit my life has centered so much around my dad and my own work that I spend so little time at home that I have zero decorations up. We did have the menorah out for Hanukkah but that was pretty much it. My nieces celebrate Christmas tho so I need to put up a tree- and me with a whole woodlot!! I'll ask a friend of he can cut one down - It's tough because usually my dad does that kind of thing for me. I almost want to wait till he is OK but I'll ask him - he does have his cognitive abilities thank God (we were worried the sepsis might have affected that) - and see what he says. If he wants to wait, I'll wait. But I'll find some decorations for the kids. I have their gifts all wrapped though - and since the 8 yr old can be enterprising, she knows how to check my history - tho I don't thin kshe can get thru my pwd, lol But just in case.....lol

Your decorations make me think of the holidays for once Chico, Thanks!

glasslass
December 18th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Hubby just got a simple string of lights up around the roofline this weekend, along with a lit-up choo-choo. About time! We were the last ones in our cul-de-sac to get lights this year. Maybe we need snow to get in the mood?:confused:

chico2
December 19th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Glasslass,we'll send you some just for X-Mashttp://bestsmileys.com/winter/8.gif