Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The Boys First Snowfall

rainbow
December 17th, 2007, 02:50 AM
These are from the first snowfall we had earlier this month....

rainbow
December 17th, 2007, 02:53 AM
I took some of Logan and his snow zoomies. This is the only one that isn't a complete blur ......my gawd can he run fast. :eek:

rainbow
December 17th, 2007, 02:57 AM
Chase is only allowed in the smaller part of the yard for now. :sad:

breeze
December 17th, 2007, 08:47 AM
logon is beautiful!!!!:lovestruck: he is sooo happy with the snow..

chase looks like he is asking if he can play in the snow... can I?? can I??

Frenchy
December 17th, 2007, 12:46 PM
wooohoo Logan ! Beautiful eyes :lovestruck: and he certainly looks like he loves the snow. Chase looks so much like a puppy :lovestruck:

Rainbow , it's so nice to finally see pictures of them ! :thumbs up keep'em coming :goodvibes:

rainbow
December 17th, 2007, 01:38 PM
logon is beautiful!!!!:lovestruck: he is sooo happy with the snow..

chase looks like he is asking if he can play in the snow... can I?? can I??

wooohoo Logan ! Beautiful eyes :lovestruck: and he certainly looks like he loves the snow. Chase looks so much like a puppy :lovestruck:

Rainbow , it's so nice to finally see pictures of them ! :thumbs up keep'em coming :goodvibes:

Yeah, Logan is in his glory in the snow. And, like a true Sibe, it shows so much in his face. :D

Frenchy, Chase acts very much like a puppy as well :rolleyes: ....all 90 lbs. of him. :D

shredy
December 17th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Rainbow!! Thay are so gorgeous, I can tell they are very loved! I love Logan's eyes against the snow!

jiorji
December 17th, 2007, 02:56 PM
awww they're both looking happy to see snow :D

Ford Girl
December 17th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Great pics!!! Doggies and snow = happy happy pooches!!!!

Why is Chase only allowed in the smaller part?

SARAH
December 17th, 2007, 04:12 PM
I've had a husky with blue eyes, she was orange and white, looked like a little fox :lovestruck: but I still feel a bit weird seeing blue eyes in a dog :D

They are so in their element, the huskies, when it's snowing. No one should have one if they don't have snowy winters!

TeriM
December 17th, 2007, 07:01 PM
So that's what a bionic labbie looks like ;).

Great pics :cloud9: , Logan is very handsome and I love the zoomies. Chase is built just like Riley and I love his black nose :lovestruck:.

rainbow
December 17th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Great pics!!! Doggies and snow = happy happy pooches!!!!

Why is Chase only allowed in the smaller part?

He had his second TPLO surgery in July which was followed by complications therefore setting his rehab progress back further. He is okay now but we're a little leary of him running in the snow in case he slips. We do let him out in the bigger part now as long as Logan isn't there as they're not allowed to play together yet either. :o

breeze
December 17th, 2007, 07:10 PM
things are looking up and soon you will have 2 very happy doggies

:goodvibes::goodvibes:

rainbow
December 17th, 2007, 07:12 PM
I've had a husky with blue eyes, she was orange and white, looked like a little fox :lovestruck: but I still feel a bit weird seeing blue eyes in a dog :D

They are so in their element, the huskies, when it's snowing. No one should have one if they don't have snowy winters!

One of our last Sibes was the fox colour. She looked identical to OC Spirit's Ronan. :lovestruck: I don't feel weird seeing the blue eyes.....I love them. :cloud9:

breeze
December 17th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Nakita was a brown huskey with blue eyes.:rip: they are stuning no matter what color

rainbow
December 17th, 2007, 07:15 PM
So that's what a bionic labbie looks like ;).

Great pics :cloud9: , Logan is very handsome and I love the zoomies. Chase is built just like Riley and I love his black nose :lovestruck:.

:laughing: Bionic labbie = $$$ :D

Chase and Riley "are" built alike. Do you get asked if Riley is part dane too? :rolleyes:

rainbow
December 17th, 2007, 07:16 PM
things are looking up and soon you will have 2 very happy doggies

:goodvibes::goodvibes:

Yep.....as soon as the snow goes. :D

rainbow
December 17th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Nakita was a brown huskey with blue eyes.:rip: they are stuning no matter what color

I agree. I have never met one that didn't make my heart melt. :cloud9:

breeze
December 17th, 2007, 07:22 PM
:offtopic: the breeder that has the leo's also has dogsledding and she has sibs alot of them for her sledding trips.... they are beautiful, all colors, a couple of them have 2 different color eyes, at the time I went I could not stay there to painful for me.. She does not have a brown one though :sad:

TeriM
December 17th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Chase and Riley "are" built alike. Do you get asked if Riley is part dane too? :rolleyes:

All the time :frustrated:. I first get the OMG he is huge :eek:, then .. is he mixed with dane???? Then I patiently explain the differences between the english/bench lab and the american/field lab or if I'm in a hurry I just say he's all lab but just a "freak of nature" :D.

rainbow
December 17th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Sibe talk is never "off topic" in any of my threads. :D :cloud9:

I still shed tears over my last two but I always have to go pet or play with any that I see now, with owners permission of course. My heart just melts when I see them. :cloud9:

TeriM
December 17th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Yep.....as soon as the snow goes. :D

But if it is nice fluffy snow then it might be good for them. It will give a nice forgiving landing zone :thumbs up.

rainbow
December 17th, 2007, 07:40 PM
All the time :frustrated:. I first get the OMG he is huge :eek:, then .. is he mixed with dane???? Then I patiently explain the differences between the english/bench lab and the american/field lab or if I'm in a hurry I just say he's all lab but just a "freak of nature" :D.

:laugh: :laugh: "freak of nature" .....that sometimes hits the nail on the head with Chase. :laughing:

Yeah, I just love it when I'm trying to explain the diff between the english and american lab and then they seem to be giving me these " :rolleyes: " looks. :frustrated:

rainbow
December 17th, 2007, 07:45 PM
But if it is nice fluffy snow then it might be good for them. It will give a nice forgiving landing zone :thumbs up.

I know I may be being a little over-protective but after all he's been through I can't help it. :o They play extremely rough and if anything were to happen I don't know what we would do as hubby is still not working yet. :o

wdawson
December 17th, 2007, 08:57 PM
ah both look happy for snow.....great looking doggies

hazelrunpack
December 17th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Logan looks so happy up to his chest in snow! :D And the zoomies! omg! :laughing:

Poor Chase...he'll just have to wait until next winter to have big zoomies in the snow!

Are they able to at least play indoors? :fingerscr

luckypenny
December 17th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Yeah, Logan is in his glory in the snow. And, like a true Sibe, it shows so much in his face. :D

...his sweet, adorable, freckly face :lovestruck: .

Chase is looking super healthy. For all his problems, I couldn't help but notice how muscular he is.

How different are their personalities, Rainbow? In what ways are they the same?

rainbow
December 17th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Are they able to at least play indoors? :fingerscr

Until they get carried away which is usually within 5 minutes. :rolleyes: :frustrated:

Smiley14
December 17th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Oh, it's so good to see updated pics of Chase looking healthy and happy!!! :lovestruck: So glad he is on the mend!!!! Poor boy had a rough going for a while there.

And I LOVE Logan's eyes! Soooo gorgeous! And he does look fast! LOL! :laughing:

rainbow
December 18th, 2007, 12:02 AM
How different are their personalities, Rainbow? In what ways are they the same?

Logan is definitely the boss between the two of them although we've never had any serious episodes. They can eat side by side and if one of them happens to finish first neither try to get into the others dish. Same with their toys....they leave each other alone. But if one of them leaves a toy for a nano second the other one instantly grabs it. :rolleyes:

The only way their personalities are different is that Chase is a real cuddler. He loves to be on the bed stretched out right beside you. Logan cuddles when "he" wants to. And Logan is more stubborn than Chase but that's a husky trait. :rolleyes:

It's hard to believe but Logan never dug a hole in the backyard until Chase started. And then did they both ever go to town. :frustrated: Almost the same with wood chewing. Logan chewed corners of the deck a little when he was teething. Chase was like a beaver and showed Logan how much fun it is. :mad:

I know these types of behaviour are out of boredom but there wasn't much I could do. Hubby was working out of town and the bus service here is lousy so when I had to go into town I would have to be gone for 3 1/2hours. It was those times that they were left unsupervised that all the damage was done. :o The only thing Logan taught Chase was how to play rough like a husky. :rolleyes:

growler~GateKeeper
December 18th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Ohhhh great fun :highfive:

I miss Sibe zoomies :cloud9: :sad:

Glad Chase gets to have some snow fun :pawprint:

rainbow
December 18th, 2007, 02:27 AM
Sibe zoomies are much better when there's two or more zooming. I so wish I had pics, or better yet, video of my sibes running through their snow maze in Kitimat. :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
December 18th, 2007, 02:33 AM
Hehe imagine Sibe zoomies in a regular size city backyard with a Collie in springtime :eek: :laughing: http://bestsmileys.com/dogs/3.gif

rainbow
December 18th, 2007, 02:45 AM
Springtime in Vancouver.....was it a mudfest? :D

growler~GateKeeper
December 18th, 2007, 03:08 AM
nope no mud but lots & lots of zoomies (many many years ago) w/hyper puppies, the collie was the neighbour's dog come over to play :D

rainbow
December 18th, 2007, 03:14 AM
Do you have pics? :fingerscr :D

growler~GateKeeper
December 18th, 2007, 03:25 AM
nope :sad: was long long ago I was about 7-8 yrs old :laughing: