Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I Failed!!

meg4050
December 16th, 2007, 03:31 PM
SO as many of you might have guessed, I am not cut out for being a foster mom! I had to return Peaches yesterday so I could come home for Christmas break and spent the last week dreading it! When I got there the man I was dealing with could tell I was upset and I told him I was thinking of adopting him when I get back in January after Peaches gets his medical exam done, but it was still killing me that he'd have to sit ina cage for the next three weeks.

Long story short, he told me he'd get the medical done immediatley and wave the donation requirement and throw in an extra 2 months of pet insurance if I could find a way to adopt him now. So I made a few calls and my brother has agreed to stay at my condo until he comes to London for Christmas, at which point he'll bring Peaches to meet his fur brothers!

I really didn't think it would be this hard...but 6 weeks is a long time for a cat, and he's changed so much since the first day and made so much progress, I got sooo attached! When he hears my lock in the door he runs to meet me when I open it and if you put your face up to his he kisses you and nuzzles your nose. I'm blabbering, can you tell I'm happy? LOL
I attached a picture of him at my birthday party lol, he looks mad but I swear he loved the tiara...it had a comb to attach it so he wanted to be brushed with it :lovestruck:

CearaQC
December 16th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Good news! Peaches seems like such a sweetheart too from your description.

:thumbs up

Dracko
December 16th, 2007, 03:40 PM
That is so nice to hear. :lovestruck: It's amazing how some people see animals as disposable and others (like all of us) will go to any length to have them.

hazelrunpack
December 16th, 2007, 03:45 PM
That's so sweet! :cloud9: From one failed foster to another: congratulations on your new addition!

It took us all of 4 days to switch Grace from the rank of foster to the rank of fur kid. :o

rainbow
December 16th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Congratulations !!! .....you were meant for each other. :cloud9:

chico2
December 16th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Meg I am soo happy for Peaches,no wonder you fell in love,she's a beauty:lovestruck:
I think I would probably be a keep-him/her fostermom too:cat:

meg4050
December 16th, 2007, 10:29 PM
:) Thanks everyone! Peaches is a he..I know the name suggests otherwise...and I guess the tiara too!! :rolleyes::laughing: We thought about changing his name but I'm so used to it already!

My brother bought me a huge cat tree from Costco for my birthday so I'm excited to bring it back to Toronto...just have to find room for it in my tiny condo!

P.S. update on the London furbabies...Romeo is HUGE! I mean HUUUUUGE!!! It's amazing how much he's grown since Thanksgiving! And Barkley is loving the snow! I'll post some new pics soon...I woke up this morning with Barkley sprawled across me and Rmeo curled up around my head :lovestruck: It's gonna be hard to leave again, but I have Peaches to lo0ok forward to :)

meg4050
December 16th, 2007, 10:31 PM
That's so sweet! :cloud9: From one failed foster to another: congratulations on your new addition!

It took us all of 4 days to switch Grace from the rank of foster to the rank of fur kid. :o

I think I knew the moment they handed me his carrier :o

When I called my brother and sister they both laughed...apparently the family's had bets going on how long it took me to adopt him :laughing:

Love4himies
December 17th, 2007, 09:10 AM
CONGRATUALTIONS!! You are joining the ranks of the many failed foster moms.

I know what you mean about being hard to give up the cats. I fostered 7 foster kittens and their momma (I ended up keeping momma) and I had such a difficult time giving the kittens up. I still have two of the smallest kittens at home and are recovering from spaying. It is like giving up your own cat, but keep telling myself this is for the good of the cats, not for me.

Love4himies
December 17th, 2007, 09:15 AM
OMG I just noticed, you have the same wing chair as I have lol.

SARAH
December 17th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Hey guys, everyone is congratulating the new mom, but I want to say

CONGRATULATONS :cat: PEACHES for having won your new mom :D

marko
December 17th, 2007, 09:25 AM
I love how in THIS club we celebrate failing. :D

Super-cute pic as well!

bendyfoot
December 19th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Congrats! OMG I LOVE the tiara...soooooo cute!!!

Yep, my Riley is the result of "I'll foster her for one month while she recovers from her injuries then give her back to the humane society.....(one month later)....she's MINE, dang it, MINE!!!" Welcome to the club!

14+kitties
December 19th, 2007, 08:24 PM
What a wonderful wonderful way to "fail" I wish more people would do it. :D Both Peaches and you are very lucky to have found each other.
If it makes you feel any better......... I failed 16 times over. :o
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

onster
December 19th, 2007, 09:15 PM
:thumbs up I love the pic of peaches with his Tiara! Congrats to you and him!

Yay to foster failures :D

CyberKitten
December 20th, 2007, 02:46 AM
I hardly call this failure- I see it as Peaches and your lucky day!!

Congratulations!!!! I hope the two if your have a wonderful life together - he is a cutie and sounds like he is a sweet cat with a great personality. This is NOT a failure but a story about two winners- and more if you include your family!! Bravo and thx for sharing your story and picture with us!! :thumbs up:thumbs up

bobtheastorian
December 24th, 2007, 05:18 AM
Great Story! Yes, Congratulations to you and Peaches on your "failure"! One look at him, it's obvious you had no chance! :)

MarySmith
December 24th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Sometimes 'failure' is not such a bad thing after all!

Peaches now has his 'forever' home with you. What a wonderful success story this is.

MarySmith