Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kinda worried, cyst-like thing on hazel

onster
December 15th, 2007, 11:03 PM
:sad: I was cuddling with Hazel (cat) today and I felt this little round thing on his hip. I hope its nothing, you sort of have to press to feel it...is it normal?? Thing is he is really skinny too under his fluf so Im thinking maybe its part of something/ hoping it is. Sometimes I can feel it, sometimes it seems I cant..and again sometimes I think I can feel it on the other side too. My mom thinks im overreacting and "if you had a little bump would u freak out? Just wait it out." Then again my mom hates going to the doctor.

I parted the fur and I dont see anything at all. Do cats have lymph nodes or anything near there? That's what it feels like.

ahhhh. Not the time :( My gramma just had surgery to remove her ovaries/womb because of a tumour and were waiting for the results.

Obviously I will take him to the vet if this stays there, but..I guess I'm just freaking out aloud.

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Are you sure it's not just his hip bones? Hips have a bunch of knobby ends to them.

:fingerscr that it's nothing. If you can feel something similar on the other side, it's probably normal!

jiorji
December 15th, 2007, 11:11 PM
i hate the doctor too :sad:

I dunno...i'd say wait it out a bit?Not all lumps are cancer but you never know until they get checked of course. Does it move?? I read once that if it's just a fatty lump it moves about a bit.

onster
December 15th, 2007, 11:12 PM
I just grabbed him again. No, I cant really feel something on the other side :sad:. I think its me hoping there's something on the other side...

It feels a bit larger than a pea, which I know seems small, but Im so paranoid about things now. It doesnt seem to be on the surface though, u sort of have to push to feel it. The reason I cant really get a firm idea of it is cuz hazel is very squirmy...

why is it sunday tomorrow???

onster
December 15th, 2007, 11:18 PM
I'm hoping that I can wait it out a bit amd it will go away. Hazel has had enough of me and went to cuddle with Onnie. I think I'll try and feel it again tomorrow and see what happens.

At the same time though if I wait and it turns out to actualy be something....*breathe*

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2007, 11:22 PM
One day won't make a difference even if it was something bad, onster. :grouphug: Probably a week wouldn't make a difference. So you have a little time to have it checked out. :thumbs up And chances are, it's nothing! :fingerscr

rainbow
December 15th, 2007, 11:30 PM
I agree and don't check it more than once/twice a day or you will make yourself think it is getting bigger. :grouphug:

onster
December 15th, 2007, 11:36 PM
thanks guys. I guess Im just a little on edge with what my gramma is going through now too...I will check tomorrow :fingerscr.

lol rainbow, thats what my mom told me to do. Stop feeling the darn thing cuz I'll just make myself more paranoid about its size.

I hope Hazel will still come to cuddle in bed with me after all that prodding. :o

ancientgirl
December 17th, 2007, 10:13 AM
I hope whatever she has is nothing. Maybe she bumped herself and its a knot or something. I get paranoid too. Any little thing I notice I immediately start to watch them or make an appointment for the vet.

I hate taking them for nothing sometimes, but I'd rather do that and know they are fine than wonder and worry if they have something, and if they do not do anything about it.

phoozles
December 17th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Lately with all my kitty problems, I've been freaking out about every little thing too..

I was petting my kitten Alley the other day, and felt a little lump on her hip, same as you. Freaked out for a second, and then realized it's her hip bone - you can't feel it all the time, but it is there on the other side - I'm just not used to a regular sized kitty because Jake is such a plump guy! :o

So here's hoping that with Hazel it's the same thing. :fingerscr

rainbow
December 18th, 2007, 01:58 AM
Onster, how is Hazel? :fingerscr :goodvibes:

onster
December 19th, 2007, 10:34 AM
sorry, I kind of dissappeared...guess who chewed through the modem :rolleyes:

I took hazel to the vet yesterday for his rabies shot and the vet felt for the 'cyst'..but didnt feel anything :o Guess I either felt his hip or it was a bruise that went away :thumbs up

Sorry for freaking out prematurely!

SARAH
December 19th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Too many people don't and therefore too many pets die. Freak out and be safe rather than ignore a potential problem!:grouphug:

hazelrunpack
December 19th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Whew! But it's great news! You had us worried, too, there, onster! :o

chico2
December 19th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Onster,since joining Pets.ca,I have become even more paranoid about lumps:laughing:
I check all three cats every day and they have had it with my probing:cat:
Glad Hazel is ok:thumbs up

onster
December 19th, 2007, 08:10 PM
thanks everyone :grouphug:.

Chico, I too have started being quite paranoid after joining pets.ca - in a good way though, I now know things to look out for.

jiorji
December 19th, 2007, 08:13 PM
yay!! glad it disappeared.
Now give Hazel a new bath sponge to play with :D:evil:

onster
December 19th, 2007, 08:26 PM
lol jiorji. hahaha...btw did u show the video to peanut? Cuz u know Onnie is still interested. I mean, look at how calm, observant and watchful he was. I still insist he would be the perfect hubby! lol.

The next day I woke up to the sponge ( or what was left of it:evil:) on the floor in my room. Someone had the midnight munchies :laughing:. I hope he won't poop out sponge now :frustrated:.

jiorji
December 19th, 2007, 08:28 PM
hahaha I did...she's very much impressed with his fluffy tail :flirt:
but if they get married, they both get to stay at my house right??:D

onster
December 19th, 2007, 08:30 PM
lol, I think ure confused. Or Im confused. Hazel is the bandit and has the fluffy tail? Onnie has the 3/4 tail (apparently half manx...look at that purebred bloodlines too!).

...but if they stay at ure house Hazel will miss Uncle Onnie :sad:

jiorji
December 19th, 2007, 08:33 PM
omg yeah i AM confused!! cos I was thinking "video" but it was a video of Hazel and i thought of him first. umm...I'll have to let Peanut know her bf lacks in tail fluffyness then :laughing:

onster
December 19th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Hey hey what Onnie lacks in fluffyness he makes up in charm :D. Plus since when did fluffyness matter?? Sheesh peanut, I never took you for that kind.

If it helps though, he has a big white heart on his lower belly, talk about a stud!. :p

jiorji
December 19th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Plus since when did fluffyness matter?? Sheesh peanut, I never took you for that kind.

oh it matters :laughing::laughing:

onster
December 19th, 2007, 08:47 PM
ure gonna make Onnie go have a fluff implant now :laughing:. the poor boy already gets teased by hazel cuz of his 'pleasant plumpness'

rainbow
December 20th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Glad to hear that Hazel is okay. :thumbs up Hope that your gramma is too. :grouphug: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

ancientgirl
December 20th, 2007, 08:01 AM
I'm glad everything is okay. I check mine all the time. My vet told me that its good to be familiar with your cats body so that you can always know when there is something off.

Taking her to the vet was good, because now you know she's okay.

onster
December 21st, 2007, 08:10 PM
Thank u rainbow :). My gramma not so much... :sad:. It's very hard not being able to be with her in Egypt now.

Thanks ancientgirl...how is kiska doing? You probably updated somewhere else, so sorry if this is redundant :o

rainbow
December 21st, 2007, 11:36 PM
Onster, I am so sorry to hear about your gramma. :sad: Is it cancer of the uterus or ovaries? :grouphug: What is her prognosis? :goodvibes: