Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Somebody just peed on my chair, and it wasn't me.

ancientgirl
December 15th, 2007, 01:11 PM
So I got home after running errands and doing a bit more Christmas shopping.

When I put my packages on my big chair in the living room, I went to the kitchen. I came back and noticed what looked like drops of water on the bottom of the packages, and a wet spot on the chair. AH! It was pee!

Now, I didn't see who did it, but, I've never had a problem with Vlad or Oksana marking anything. So I get the feeling it may have been Maks.

I've got two weeks before he gets neutered, so I decided my best bet is to 1. clean the chair really well, with some special cleaner for just that purpose, and 2. get some Feliway.

I'm hoping this starts working quickly, because I don't want marking issues, and I figure its a good idea to start having it around before I try to bring Czarina in.

The good thing is the refills are cheaper at my vet's office than they are at the pet store. Next week I'll get another one for upstairs, just in case.

Dracko
December 15th, 2007, 01:15 PM
The title of this thread made me :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Your kittens are pretty young still. Who knows what might have happened. You know how puppys can do that if they get excited or shocked. I think it's funny how Maks gets blamed for stuff. :p It's like Kiska is just too innocent to do anything bad.

Hope this is a one time incident.

ancientgirl
December 15th, 2007, 01:24 PM
LOL, you know I feel guilty blaming Maks, but I have to say, he's the most mischievous of my bunch so far. For all I know it was Kiska, and she knew Maks would be blamed. :laughing:

Janie123
December 15th, 2007, 01:50 PM
FeBreze candles are on the expensive side but wow,do they clear the air of odors! I love them but can only buy one every now and then. I'm hoping I get a case for Christmas!:crazy:

ancientgirl
December 15th, 2007, 01:59 PM
I usually use either the Oust or the Glades little oil candle things. The Oust ones seem to work pretty well, but I do like the Febreze candles too!

I've realized I always have to have candles on hand with pets.

CearaQC
December 15th, 2007, 02:34 PM
:laughing: Ye olde mystery spot - whodunnit?

I don't buy candles. Instead we have a giant kettle on top of the wood stove, and I put a couple of drops of essential oil into the water. Scents the entire house and lasts quite a while. Our current scent is Orange. It smells like 50 oranges being peeled at once. lol

A litre of Orange EO costs only around $12 (last time I checked), so I find it more cost effective than candles.

rainbow
December 15th, 2007, 03:31 PM
LOL, you know I feel guilty blaming Maks, but I have to say, he's the most mischievous of my bunch so far. For all I know it was Kiska, and she knew Maks would be blamed. :laughing:

:laughing:...or it could have been Vlad or Oksana knowing that one of the newbies would get blamed. :D

chico2
December 15th, 2007, 03:46 PM
I do have a spraying problem with my guys,but the Feliway seems to work(knock on wood!)
I used to blame Rocky all the time,until I caught Chico :yell:
I use Natures Miracle to clean any pee..
It is possible it was little Maks,but I would not worry about it too much:cat:he's a baby.

Janie123
December 15th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Oh,I meant to add III didn't pee in that chair. :) Just so you know.:laughing:

Frenchy
December 15th, 2007, 05:07 PM
The title of this thread made me :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Me too :laughing: :o

Who knows with cats ? Could be anyone of them so the other one would get blame for it :evil:

krdahmer
December 15th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Oh too funny... it was only a matter of time before something got peed on! :rolleyes::laughing::yuck:

It may have been the bags, my Smoke actually pees AT the boys when she gets really scared, doesn't happen often mind you, but two or three times this year the boys have caught up to her and blocked her escape route before I could get out the water bottle and the poor thing pees at them while she's running. :sad::shrug: Those are the times I regret having so many... but lately she's been doing much better and even rubbing her mommy time in their faces a little... :rolleyes:

Any one of yours could have been marking, scared or excited, or even upset that you were gone too long too.... Windy pees right in front of the boxes if I stay away too long. If she's mad, we ALL know it!

ancientgirl
December 15th, 2007, 07:22 PM
I did come to realize that this is the first time I've actually come home and put bags on the chair. I usually put any bags I get on the kitchen counter. Vlad and Oksana are the ones to jump up on top and investigate. It could be Maks might have been frightened.

I'm hoping the Feliway starts working. I don't want this to happen again.

LOL, I've been lucky so far, it was only a matter of time when ONE of them did it.

And may I just add, I just found a small piece of poop under the couch. :wall::laughing:

Frenchy
December 15th, 2007, 07:27 PM
And may I just add, I just found a small piece of poop under the couch. :wall::laughing:

:eek: anarchy !!!! :evil:

ancientgirl
December 15th, 2007, 07:34 PM
LOL, the funny thing is, I'm sitting here and I've lit candles, I've cleaned both boxes, and I'm wondering why I smell poop!

Gah! MAKS!!!!! Because that turd was too small to be Vlad or Oksana's and plus they can no longer get under the couch.

Janie123
December 15th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Boo did that to me one time. I kept smelling it and I thought it was our little Poop Machine,Bonnie. I gave her a bath,washed her bed,everything and I still smelled it. Then Boo jumped up in my lap. ACK! It was HIM! He was a bit constipated and it got stuck. Ewwwww! My husband grabbed him while I ran to the shower and Al had him bathed when I came out. I had to sanitize furniture,rugs,his bed.....and to think I blamed poor little Bonnie. It was NOT a fun experience. ICK!:whistle:<-----Boo lol:shrug::eek::frustrated::censored::headslap::D

14+kitties
December 15th, 2007, 10:14 PM
I must say I am a little jealous that you gals can use the candles and essential oils. :sorry::offtopic: I can't use anything with essential oils because of my love birds. Most scented candles have it in them so....... no candles, no oil, no febreeze. :sad:

sugarcatmom
December 15th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Actually it's a good idea to be cautious when using essential oils around cats as well: http://www.thelavendercat.com/3201/index.html

Most people are aware of warnings that focus on the topical and oral administration of essential oils, but they are generally unaware that inhalation of essential oils can also be unsafe for your cat. Oils can affect a cat by absorption and inhalation just like for humans, and precautions should be used when repeatedly diffusing essential oils, since the development of liver damage can be a slow process without any visible symptoms.

When diffusing oils, try not to use excessive amounts of essential oil, and choose oils which have lower volatility's as far as possible. In addition, ensure good air circulation especially during the diffusion process, so that local concentrations of essential oil vapour are not built up in non-airchanged areas inhabited by the cat. Make sure cat can get to 'undiffused' air at any time if possible, and only diffuse in an individual room if cat does not have access i.e. make it a multi-room location. Toxicology studies show that the feline liver usually needs 48 hours to process and excrete 'terpenes', thus allow 48 hours between end of last diffusion and starting another to avoid repeated exposure by inhalation.

ancientgirl
December 16th, 2007, 05:56 AM
I've actually been looking for those Soy candles. I may wind up buying some on the web because at least I know those are more natural.

I'll use part of whatever money I get from my dad and no doubt my brother for Christmas, and order some.

duttypaws
December 16th, 2007, 06:22 PM
:eek: anarchy !!!! :evil:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: this thread title made me laugh... and this just added to it!! lol